55 coaches online • Server time: 19:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2013 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

OK maybe it is me...and it is likely to be but even my opponents are now commenting on my 'bad' luck.

I do remember a time when you could copy and paste the 'game text' out of the java window and then understand what 'luck' you actually had.

I have been writing down my latest few and it appears that the dice only level up at 2nd half turn 6.....

So anyone got any suggest on how to beat the RNG?
maysrill

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2013 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Roll fewer dice.

Author of Firehurler (Twinborn Trilogy Book #1), Aethersmith (Book #2), Sourcethief (Book #3)
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2013 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't this why you quit in the first place? You know the lay of the land and how the game works, but came back anyway and decided to whine about it in every other match report.

My advice is stop conceding illegally so much, then maybe you'll see what dice you would actually get.

You're giving Mice a bad name.....Why is it that most RNG whiners have a CR in the 140s? Average to below average at playing skill, but supersonic ability to pick out dodgy dice rolls...............I really don't have any time for RNG doubters with no foundation to back their claims, I really don't.
mmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2013 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

If you don't have time stop posting doh!

And I might try the rolling fewer dice, as maybe I pushing my luck my rolling to much - thanks for the positive comments ,maysrill.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2013 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Ive watched a couple of your games. I think there are a number of improvements you can make that will really improve your chances. Just do the simple things well.

1. Protect the ball carrier
2. Don't make 1db, especially with blockless players
3. Think about what your opponent will do on the next turn, try to force them to take risks. Don't make all the plays yourself.

Just watch some replays of high ranked coaches and see how they structure their drives.
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2013 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Bad dice happen, just accept it.
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2013 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The RNG is programmed to reward better play.

If your first action of a turn is a 1 dice block with a player with no skills the RNG will not like that so will cause you to fail on average 1 in 3 times.
However if you start with a 2dice block on an unskilled opponent the RNG will approve and award you with a knockdown 75% of the time. But if it's in a bad mood it may still fail you, in my experience this happens 1 in 36 times.

Of course the only way to guarantee you won't win a game is to concede before it's done.

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2013 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

The only way to beat the RNG is to forget your bad rolls and cherish the good ones.

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2013 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok guys... I think you can tell mouse the truth here...

The key is to donate and become a supporter. That improves your dice.

__Synn
mmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2013 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

lol Synn - thought so but interesting comment by spubbba? Is the RNG programmed?
mmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2013 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

My last match comments from opponent some it up

"specially unlucky on this"
"thx for this strange match"
"next will be more fun and more lucky Wink"

And this is not the first time I get these comments....so whilst I admit that I'm not the best player (all hail the mighty Harvest Mouse for he is so good at this game)...I do think that even when you opponent is commenting on your bad luck there is some room for discussion.....
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2013 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Often people will make those comments if their opponent has been complaining about their luck through the game, and it's easier/more polite than saying 'actually, you should just play better'.

You might want to reread spubbbba's post. Whether you do a one dice block without Block at the start or end of a turn, it's always a 1 in 3 fail. That isn't the RNG's mood, just basic maths...

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2013 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Ofcourse it's programmed! Math.random () or whatever... There is a truth behind Spubbba's words. Smile However, rng is not rigged. Sometimes everything just goes south... Trick is to minimize the effect of bad luck.
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2013 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The RNG isn't programmed to fail everyone... just you. It will tease you with success on stupid and pointless actions *you* choose, but will fail important ones in favor of players like Synn and Purplechest... or fancy teams like ratablanca and Teensie Steel Hammers. That's why those teams never lose and you always do. The best way to combat this is by TRICKING the RNG into thinking it's rolling for those coaches or teams. Go spec replays of them. Find out what clothes they wear and what they eat before pregame. If you are able to fart the same color as Synn during your match it will FOOL the RNG and you will get better rolls. Guaranteed.

OH!... and the RNG hates freaking whiner-rage-quitters and can smell them through the etherwebs (hence farting like Synn to mask your own stench). Hope this helps! Good luck!!
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2013 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
Often people will make those comments if their opponent has been complaining about their luck through the game, and it's easier/more polite than saying 'actually, you should just play better'.

+1 to this

I say this all the time. If you're a crap coach, I am not going to call you out on it...

A simple "yeah, bad luck mate" suffices...
 Jump to: