27 coaches online • Server time: 10:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What is the best stunty team?
Forest Goblins
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
Other
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10

stej

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2013 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

HI All,

I've been having some fun with my forest goblins of late and have started to get some skills but in general I'm finding it hard to decide what to give them and what way to take the team.

I seem to be trying to skill the spiders during matches and as a result have got myself one up to two skills, first choice I went MB to hit the stuff that I hold with the tents and went guard second skill to add a bit of support without taking actions as they are sort of the teams big guys.

I find with the stikkas that Im stabbing most of the time and not blocking so Im not skilling them up much although I have got one chap with multiblock which is nice.

My linos are skilling a bit but so far have rolled noting exciting so they have taken DT as per the norm.

That leaves my shamans who seem to have been neglected a bit and havent got any skills. With these guys being the players with G access I feel I should be Blackleing these guys up ASAP but its not happening at the moment.

So, what do people feel is a good path for these goblins of the trees? I'm kinda seeing the stikkas being skilless for most of their lives while they stab away and the spiders and shamans becoming the stars of the show.

Any experiences or ideas anyone has to share?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2013 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

No advice for the Spiders, never skilled a single one in 40 games.

You need skilled Shaman, they are your core blitzers and hole openers.

Stikkas, Multi is best, on regular I go JU usually, then SS or DT. ALso, get one like this. It helps a lot.

The rest of the team is there to take abuse and die. DT, then SS.

Forest Gobbos get much harder to play at higher TV.

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2014 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

stand firm on the spiders has been gold for me. block on doubles of course, the SH because I like them as BC, however I haven't got that far yet...

another thought: it's really hard to keep the team alive, overall low av makes it tough to keep them over 1000k TV.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2014 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The Shamans and Spiders are the heart of the team. Get them skilled up while keeping the rest of the team at a more or less rookie state is the way to go.

That said, skilling Stikkas isn't as hard as it might seem. Early in team development choose 2d blocks over stabs vs. AV6 or try to score with them. It only takes a few TD/cas/mvps to get to 16spps. Just because they CAN stab doesn't mean you should, especially if you're trying to skill them up. If no doubles by 16 spps retire and start over. At higher TV that isn't an option as you need to keep up with the attrition rate of other more bashy teams.

FGobs are a powerful team. Good luck to you.