26 coaches online • Server time: 10:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xyon

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2014 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

So tabletop blood bowl tournaments are generally different from fumbbl tournaments in that while casualties and spp might be used as tie breakers or prize conditions, teams usually get reset to their original condition after each game.

I know fumbbl is different than TT, but I'd still like to see either a new major tourny or some minor official tourneys that use the non-progression model of play, perhaps with a TV limit instead of the unlimited TV that we normally see.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2014 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

xyon wrote:
So tabletop blood bowl tournaments are generally different from fumbbl tournaments in that while casualties and spp might be used as tie breakers or prize conditions, teams usually get reset to their original condition after each game.

I know fumbbl is different than TT, but I'd still like to see either a new major tourny or some minor official tourneys that use the non-progression model of play, perhaps with a TV limit instead of the unlimited TV that we normally see.

the upcoming reform of the [L] division will hopefully allow this. I don't think we'll get any non-progression official tournament any time soon though. Maybe PC has some thoughts on this subject.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2014 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I think there is an option in League for that, not likely to see official tourneys done that way.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2014 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

There is an option in L for that yes, though editing rosters is not currently possible which is the all important part, but Christer is working on making this possible so fingers crossed sometime in the next year non progressions tournies should be doable Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2014 - 13:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

And I have often stated that when that becomes true we will look hard at the viability of running Non progression Official Tournaments. Ideally with chosen skills and possible linear progression.

Just like RL Tournaments.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2014 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

^^^^ great news PC, I look forward to this one day Smile
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2014 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds nice, though personally I'd much rather see some more high TV and skill stacking in the TT tournament scene. Those games look far too much alike, to me; BB is so much more than TV 1100 undead vs wood elf.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2014 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
Sounds nice, though personally I'd much rather see some more high TV and skill stacking in the TT tournament scene. Those games look far too much alike, to me; BB is so much more than TV 1100 undead vs wood elf.

nothing to stop you making a non progression 1800 tv tournament The_Sage Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2014 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I was thinking 1500 TV, maybe 1750 or 1800 as well as 1250. There's probably some TV level where almost all teams are competative.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
 Jump to: