55 coaches online • Server time: 20:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post A Guide to Finding G...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Tentacles and Frenzy
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2014 - 04:37 Reply with quote Back to top

When I try to run a game, it launches correctly, until I get to the credits screen, then the client freezes and I am not able to seperate the client screen from the field.

Also chat says Java needs to be installed even though it is already installed.

Any suggestions?
licker

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2014 - 05:30 Reply with quote Back to top

There is an update to java which I have not done. Maybe you updated it and it's screwing things up?
xarogobar

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2014 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I recently updated java to the latest version and everything works fine.
Overhamsteren

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2014 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I updated a day or two ago too and now I have to press 'run' every time I launch the client but apart from that everything works.

Thanks to the BBRC for all the great work you did.
Kelkka

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2014 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

They sure love to prompt user for approval.
It asks for verification if you really really want to run this program certified by this person. Every single time.
Tried fooling around with few settings, but didn't find anything that would make a difference.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2014 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I've now updated to latest and it's being blocked by my security settings Sad

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2014 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

sann0638 wrote:

change your security settings. get rid of that mallware you call a firewall. That would be my suggestion. Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2014 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Overhamsteren wrote:
I updated a day or two ago too and now I have to press 'run' every time I launch the client but apart from that everything works.

Yeh same for me - that and that I can´t join the chat any longer..

I think you should go though your security settings and allow Java to run.
Likely to be the issue
DeZigma

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2014 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

sann0638 wrote:

Well i have had this some time ago. Usually i use Firefox, i dont know why, but the security settings of the IE changed and interferenced Firefox.

I had to change security settings in IE and everything is back in function since then.
luckyjim12

Post   Posted: May 04, 2014 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Morning everyone. I generally play on a work laptop which has java 6 and on which I do not have admin rights and therefore can't update. It worked fine until yesterday when half way through a game I started having issues clicking in the client. Can you guys think of a work-related reason I could use to convince the IT department to let me upgrade (playing fumbbl doesn't count). I'm an accountant who has to go on the web to do research and also i have to visit things like dropbox etc.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 04, 2014 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

luckyjim12 wrote:
It worked fine until yesterday when half way through a game I started having issues clicking in the client.

If what you describe is a freezing of the screen after every single move, it is a result of a sound command that can't be executed and puts the game on hold.

Solution is to either turn the sound off in the client or to fix whatever is causing the problems with the sound card.

If you have any reason to use a work related java application, java should be up to date for security reasons. Whether you need java for work you need to know yourself.
Christer

Post   Posted: May 04, 2014 - 12:34
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

As Wreckage says, you should absolutely update Java for security reasons. It's very very insecure to use Java 6 these days, and you're likely to get your machine infected by malware.

Especially when you're doing research related things as that implies you click around to a lot of different websites, which increases the risk of one of them being infected with something bad. I take it the machine you use is the same where you have your work related documents (i.e., confidential client data)?
luckyjim12

Post   Posted: May 04, 2014 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

But my options are basically to stop playing on this laptop or convince IT that I need java 7. To do the latter I need a better excuse than playing bloodbowl (for them - for me that's the best excuse). I will try and blag the upgrade anyway as Christer's response makes me nervous (though no client data is kept on the laptop - it is all on secure servers). Thanks for the help.
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 04, 2014 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Javachat doesn't seem to have a named certificate so that soon wont be runnable.
Some of the java prompts have tick boxes asking if you don't want to see them again.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2014 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

In fact Javachat is already blocked by the latest version which is a big shame. I presume the cost of getting that an approved security certificate is just as much as for the game client.