70 coaches online • Server time: 20:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mikere

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll preface this by saying I took the +ST. Rolling 12 on his second skill, I was faced with the question of taking guard or +ST on my orc line man (already had block as his first skill). Teams already got 4 BoB and 1 Troll and I'm starting to feel the TV bloat. Was +ST the right decision? I think I'm at the TV where I really need more Guard and Tackle.

The team: https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=616455

Ignore my winning % - Nuffle has been very good to me for a number of games. I'm sure I'll have an epic losing streak soon.
bghandras

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the troll is less necessary than this one. I would keep this lino.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

TV wise it's bloat, but you can comfort yourself with the knowledge that this is the only way to excell past the point an Orc team can normally get to. You do now have a better fifth BOB other Orc teams don't have. It will be handy on very high TV.
Garion

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Bloat... Are you mad, st 4 on 5 players is awesome, now just get guard on everything and hope one of your blitzers gets +st too.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I am with Garion. Also, you should fire every player that didn't manage to get to STR 4 before his third skill.
Go Grimsby or go home.
madvig

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

i would never retire +st player without any damages. However i would retire that niggled Black orc you got there. Block will come Again Wink
licker

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

It's only bloat if you stick strictly to some kind of TV pairing guideline.

If you are willing to play up or down in TV then it's not bloat.

This is why L is sooooooo much more betterer than R or B ever can dream of being.

+ST bloat...

We may need another culling.
mikere

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not considering retiring the Lino, he's a keeper (MV5 AG3 Bob!). He skilled up the +ST right after a game he got the only TD in and was MVP, I think he's on a roll. I'm thinking it might have been a mistake to pick up the Troll, but I think I'll let that run it's course. Although I could fire the niggled BoB, he's been fine since the injury - if he starts costing me games, he's gone though.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not bad at the moment, A Chaos Warrior with crap skill access.
He may get bloaty later if you don't roll doubles for him.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

ST4 linemen are great. You don't need doubles either to make them pretty nifty. Block, tackle, frenzy for example are all useful. Fend perhaps as well. Definitely guard on a double.

Think of it another way; he's now like a black orc but has +MA and +AG so can be a bit of a utility player. Need to get an ST4 on the ball? He's your guy. You could even give him sure hands and make him your ball carrier.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

If so many guys tell you that it's good it gotta be good... oh well...
finster5

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

If I'm not hijacking the post, I had a similiar question with respect to a Dwarf or Chaos Dwarf linemen.

Does the same reasoning apply? Meaning that, without taking into account TV, I agree the team will benefit more from the STR 5 upgrade then taking Guard. But when taking into account TV, would STR 5 still benefit the team more (than Guard)?

Thanks.
finster5

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, I meant to say in the above post (STR 4) upgrade (not STR 5).
xnoelx

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Always (ALWAYS) take the ST.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2014 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

finster5 wrote:
If I'm not hijacking the post, I had a similiar question with respect to a Dwarf or Chaos Dwarf linemen.

Does the same reasoning apply? Meaning that, without taking into account TV, I agree the team will benefit more from the STR 5 upgrade then taking Guard. But when taking into account TV, would STR 5 still benefit the team more (than Guard)?

Thanks.

I think for a CD its much better since he starts with a lot of skills that go well with +ST and he has even access to strengh skills.

To be honest I don't see a reason whatsoever to ever turn +st on a CD or a dwarf down.
 Jump to: