54 coaches online • Server time: 23:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2014 - 06:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all,

I am looking to play a bit more stunty and felt like trying out the Skink roster. Love playing Lizardmen in R so I thought it would be fun.

Anyway, I am building my starting roster and I am not sure how to tie it off as it were. At the moment I have the following:

2 Raptors
1 Adept of Sotek
2 Whiptails
7 Skinks
3 Rerolls

Now, this gives me 60k to spend. I am trying to figure out what the team needs more as in a 4th RR, Apoth or 13th player. The Apoth seems the best option and I already have a bench, but a 4th RR seems to be really good as they go to 120k. Not sure what other rosters people use so looking for an opinion as to the best way to go.

As for strategies, as far as I can guess given stunty madness the strategy would be a Woodie/Skaven style "score early, score often" kind of thing but again I really am starting from scratch with them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2014 - 06:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Take the apo

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2014 - 06:36 Reply with quote Back to top

The apo is worth half a player. Get it when you have something worth saving. And for now, go with the player. You don't want to go into a Stunty game without at least 13 men.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2014 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with ahalfling. Get another lino.

Actually I would dump one Whiptail in favor of another lino and a FF. Rookie lino Skinks are awesome players, and a second ST1 player isn't worth the benefits imo.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2014 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I am a big fan of 4 RRs in stunty with so little block, 1d cage breaking attempts and the ball popping out on the floor a lot, better to buy now than later.

Agree that another lino is better than a 2nd whiptail at this stage, they are easy to buy and skill later. Also save up for 13th player then go for the apo when you get someone worth saving.

Don't worry about running with 12 players for now, av7 is tough for stunty and if you are low on players just play up in TV and hire a good value stunty star.
TheSyron

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2014 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I tend not to bother with the Whiptails, so I suggest at least dropping one. In stunty you'll also generally want to have a semi-sizable bench so try to have at least 13 players. I also always take the apothecary, but that's because I don't like to make new teams constantly. A dead raptor in your first game means you'll probably be better off making a new team.
Your mileage may vary though, I have seen skink teams do fine with only 11 players and some amazing Whiptails.
I think that you can't really go wrong with the skink roster, as long as you field the raptors and adept.
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2014 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Agree with ahalfling - the apo isn't really worth it until you have more money and some players worth saving. Definitely take the Whiptails - they become speedy scorers and also great defensive pieces when they add Diving Tackle to Sidestep and Prehensile Tail. Also you do want at least 13 players asap. Although they are Av7 they are also Stunty, and there is a lot of hitting power/special weapons around. You need cover with Skinks, as with any other Stunty team.
 Jump to: