34 coaches online • Server time: 08:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post New Team Page Beta
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jimmy_Jazz

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2014 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

So I've got this Pact team https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=653325 They are developing quite nicley and their star player jimmy has just rolled his 5th skill now with so many to chose from I cant make my mind up.

So do I give him gaurd, so i can put an assist any where, but then do I want him in the thick of it? Not really. Tackle or strip ball cage breaker but the gobbo is set for that route. Give him a passing skill, acurate or strong arm and he'll be long bombing on an +4 the other one next and its +3

Also any ideas on future team development would be be much appreicated.

My Ideas are this.

The niggled wrestle gaurd marauder is to get fired, he's just a wasted of space now.

The St3 2 headed gobbo will get horns on his next roll wrestle on a double. And be the cage breaker.

I'm going to put leap on the DE next coz 2 ag5 leapers on a pact team will be hilarious

The rat could be made into a safety but i've got stan for that. And i've allready given him extra arms so more of a scoring threat for him maybe.

Any Ideas much appreciated.

[/u]
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2014 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Strip Ball!

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2014 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Although developing him into a passer wouldn't be terrible, it doesn't accomodate the leap that well. There are only 2 skills left, so it is worth a consideration what they might be.
Dodge would be best but that is not an option anymore.

If you start with Leap you usually do it because you want to develop a sacker. Overall I think Strip Ball would give the team what it most needs and can't get otherwise.
Dunenzed

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2014 - 04:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure Hands?

Join the Human League Premiership!
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2014 - 04:53 Reply with quote Back to top

You can't guarantee the goblin will roll a double, and without at least one, he's going to be of limited use as a sacker. So you'll want to make one out of either this guy or the delf. And both of those players are already better at ball retrieving/carrying than the skaven, so unless you particularly want a very ball-oriented team, I'd consider retiring the rat and starting a new one in a different role. Though some would argue you should retire and not replace him.

Anyway, as for skill choice. You want Sure Hands on one of this guy/the delf, and you want stripping skills on the other. I'd suggest Sure Hands on the delf (with Leap or SS if he makes legend and rolls normal), and the stripping skills on this guy. Strip Ball first and Tackle as his hypothetical legend skill.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2014 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with alot of what xnoelx says except for 1 thing.
You should make the DELF the Strip Ball guy and make the ag5Marauder the guy with Sure Hands.

Why? ANIMOSITY.
The DELF cannot be used as reliably to distribute the ball to other players.
You want a guy that can make passes and hand-offs to the rest of the team without having to roll extra dice.
There will be times you have a good chance to set up other players for SPPS and additional skills with an easy hand-off.
Why put an extra obstacle on yourself with your primary ball handler having Animosity?
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2014 - 05:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I see that point. But my thinking was that with Dodge and +MA already, the delf is a better carrier. If you want to pass/handoff, yes, the marauder is better. But in an ideal world, you'd avoid either of those things, & the delf will just run the ball in. I guess that's a playstyle/preference choice.

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2014 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:

Why put an extra obstacle on yourself with your primary ball handler having Animosity?

Just because Dodge is too important. The ag5 actually makes a decent passer without support skills of any kind. He can be used for fast plays. But Sure Hands is primarily important to handle knockdowns. For the slower play you don't want to hand the ball around anyways. The Elf will be better suited then.

On top of it, to carry with a non Dodge player means the risk of failing a lot more potentially fatal dodge rolls, Then for the endgame if a path is blocked for the elf of course the roles can be reversed again. Unless bugged, the emergency play with Animosity isn't a turnover so it's usually not terrible to deal with.
gamelsetlmatch

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2014 - 05:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle

Arktoris

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2014 - 06:16 Reply with quote Back to top

pass block

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2014 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
I agree with alot of what xnoelx says except for 1 thing.
You should make the DELF the Strip Ball guy and make the ag5Marauder the guy with Sure Hands.

Why? ANIMOSITY.
The DELF cannot be used as reliably to distribute the ball to other players.
You want a guy that can make passes and hand-offs to the rest of the team without having to roll extra dice.
There will be times you have a good chance to set up other players for SPPS and additional skills with an easy hand-off.

How often are you rolling animosity in your games? Sure, it can't be avoided for quick scores. On this team though his delf is one of two MA 7 players.

Also, the only people worth passing to in non desperation plays are AG4 players or AG3 players with Catch. Anything less and you'll be constantly disappointed. With that in mind it's a 2+(Animosity)&2+(AG4+ Catch) roll vs. a 3+(AG3 Catch) roll for everyone on the team. 3% better on the 2+&2+.

If distributing easy spp is an issue, the AG is high enough that you can still get it done with 2 extra 2+ rolls thrown in.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2014 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I think strip ball or sure hands are both solid ideas.
Jimmy_Jazz

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2014 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the ideas people. Going to send him down the sacker route, as said leap would be wasted on a passer. So strip ball and tackle if he lives that long and I've got a healing potion with his name on.

As for sure hands I've got 4RRs that I started the team with and I finish most halfs with one spare so I'll probly skip that.
the_Sage

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2014 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Too bad both AG5s have block, one with wrestle would be (very) nice.

I actually rather enjoy having leap on an AG5 thrower, as their sure hands lends itself well for retrieveing a ball that's popped in a cage, and throwing skills let you get it to safety.

So I'd say sure hands, then pass for this guy.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2014 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:

I actually rather enjoy having leap on an AG5 thrower, as their sure hands lends itself well for retrieveing a ball that's popped in a cage, and throwing skills let you get it to safety.

He's got a st3 gobbo with Two Heads and Big Hands tho...
 Jump to: