43 coaches online • Server time: 10:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Bye- bye BOBBO?
Away with you!
50%
 50%  [ 9 ]
To charismatic to be forgotten!
50%
 50%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 18

Snabelsko

Post 5 Posted: Feb 04, 2017 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

So guys, is it time to retire this BOB or not?
-AV and niggling.
Skills:
-Dodge
-Block
-Guard
-Mighty Blow
-Side Step

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=11491868
Calthor

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2017 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The combination does make him very easy to be taken out, that's not good for value. If it was just one of the two, I would keep him, but now it's time to say goodbye, I'd say.
Snabelsko

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2017 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly what i was thinking. The reason Im hesitating is because of "Dodge" and "Sidestep". Two defensive skills negasted the downsides of -AV and nigg. Easy countered by tackle and grab though. And whit that high TV I gues there's no team without tackle.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2017 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I would definitely fire him, along with the other niggled BoB and the niggled lineman.

My policy on injuries is that all niggles or -ST are 100% sacked, no matter how good they are. I have 1 -AV guy on all my teams combined, who will also be sacked once I train up some of the other guys on his position.

The only injury I routinely keep on board is -Ag on players that start with Ag2 anyway.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2017 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd get rid of -av and niggled pieces too.

Cloggy wrote:
My policy on injuries is that all niggles or -ST are 100% sacked, no matter how good they are. I have 1 -AV guy on all my teams combined, who will also be sacked once I train up some of the other guys on his position.

The only injury I routinely keep on board is -Ag on players that start with Ag2 anyway.

I eventually would fire all those but not right away. I just played league game with darkelf lino who had -st (skills were +st and guard, so 150tv in value). I could have afforded to fire him and buy fresh lino instead (150 bloat - 70k lino = 80tv giveaway). I played against quite fresh chaos that didn't have warriors nor guard (only few blocks and dodge) with my around 1600tv darkies with ton of blodge, some sidestep, some tackle, both witches.. And that injured lino was my only guy that had any stat increases or doubles (well, stat+ was countered with injury. and gave 50k bloat for nothing).. but.. like.. i think it doesn't matter if i gave around 450 worth of inducements or around 550 worth.. what could he buy that would benefit him as much as that guard? He is getting wiz, some bribes and something else anyways.

And after playing that game, yeah, i don't regret having guard around against st3 pieces. He had so many bad 1d or -2d options most of the time. Won the game 2-0 with almost total control (mostly because i was careful about wiz and because i had so many useful skills on my guys - including that guard).

Next up is skaven so i will surely fire the guard piece now because of his injury.

Example 2: I play in DLE that is all-human league with 32 teams full of 16 bloaty monsters. We don't have inducements so having +stats, doubles and weird experimental combinations isn't penaltized. Also we get new players with skills every 7 or 9 games (draft, trades). If your only killer gets injury you might not fire him right away - you are planning to replace him probably thru trading your draft picks and then picking some killer from draft. I have lino with guard and block that has -av AND -ma.. yeah, risky, but i got him cheap and he has been useful so far. I don't care if he dies or injures again (i might fire him if he does get another perm). The thing is that i have +str ogre, st5 lino and st4 block lino and another guard lino (with tackle) so i can provide guard and str next to my injured guard piece. I like to place him next to/between ogre and st5 lino so if someone wants to get hit on him, then i will probably get hit back or force them to dodge.

The lesson: There may be cases where injured player can be useful, even if he has -av or niggle or even -st.

It depends on environment and who you are against. I think leagues have more cases like this than box or ranked.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2017 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire him.
 Jump to: