40 coaches online • Server time: 19:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would AV10 cancelling claw be a good house rule/fix to cpomb?
Sounds good!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No way!
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
The rules are fine as they are.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pie should cancel claw instead.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

CaptainKrunch

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2015 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before, but what do you guys think about AV10 cancelling claw?

Fluff wise, the explanation being, since 10 is the highest AV can go, that the player is so heavily armored claws can't even get through and just bounce off the armor or something along those lines.

Of course this means only deathrollers and treemen are immune to claw naturally, but it means the AV 9 races (dwarves, orcs, lizards) can take the +AV on any roll of 10 to gain immunity which I think would make the three aforementioned races more popular playable without completely nerfing claw to the extent that some people are calling for.

I think this ALSO has the effect of making +AV a viable choice for a skill again, since current rules have made it essentially a pointless skill to take considering how rampant cpomb is. This gives people the tough choice of +AV for claw immunity, the equally valuable +MV, or a double if it's 55, and I think will add back a bit more variety into the game.

Like I'm said, I'm not sure if this possible option has been discussed before, I was unable to find any discussion on it myself. If it is something that's been talked through before, I apologize for the redundancy, but I really like this idea and want to see what other people think.

Also, sorry to feed any trolls. Just ignore them if possible.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2015 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

No. Having +AV applied after Claw made it 7 would be ok though I think.

Post   Posted: Jan 14, 2015 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello. We have a stickied ClawPOMB discussion thread. Please take this there. Thanks! Smile
 Jump to: