46 coaches online • Server time: 23:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post GIF Guidegoto Post TSC Draft
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Elijah

Post 5 Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everyone!

I'm currently coaching this team Denti Cadenti

So, I had a match where one of my wolfies killed a guy. (will be writing a lot of fluff on it, he will be well treated and remembered my wights are very emotional)
So now I find myself with 6zombies and 1flesh golem. I was thinking of retiring a zombie and buying a Flesh Golem (since I have exactly 110k)

So, a few questions I have:

1)There are particular rules about retiring?
2)Does retiring costs money?
3)Should I retire one of the zombies for MVP waste and bloated TV?
4)Since I have exactly 110k (the price of a flesh golem) should I buy one or save money for the worst?
5)Should I retire one of the zombies only if I buy a flesh golem?

I'd like to know what you, much more experienced players, would do in my shoes.

Thank you for your time Smile
Prez

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

1. No rules regarding retiring of team/players
2. It doesn't cost anything to retire players
3. Keep the zombies you need a DP or some with Wrestle
4/5 Both options are reasonable. You do need a Second FG, I'd still hang on to the zombie and use your numbers in fouling. Or save and acquire new FG later....

You have zombies....go with the first option (4) and foul Smile

Good point, drop a RR, 4 is too many. Most coaches don't really approach 4RR's until a TV2000+

Last edited by Prez on %b %20, %2015 - %16:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
NerdBird

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Having 12 or 13 players on the team is probably best for Necro/Undead. More the concern of TV bloat for you is 4 rerolls. If it were me, I would lose a reroll and wait to hire a fleshy until you skill a few more players with block. Namely the Ghoul.

1) No rules on retiring players. You can retire your puppies if you want! Smile
2)Retiring costs nothing
3)I would keep the zombie.
4)See above
5)See above

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2015 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

1) Under Fumbbl rules is the following (other than this retire who you want):

Teams in competitive divisions are expected to strive for at least 11 players on the roster. While this doesn't mean that any team below 11 players must immediately hire a new lineman, coaches are expected to not let the team deteriorate on purpose.

2) No.

3)I prefer to run 12 players at this TV so I would retire one if you buy the golem. At low TV where you are I think 12 players is sufficient but at higher TV you may want 13. It also depends on how attached you are to fouling with your zombies.

If you are not buying the golem I wouldn't retire a zombie. They are contributing very little bloat (40 apart from the 60 which, with block, is quite useful). If you are worried about bloat I'd look at the 4 rerolls.

4) I would buy the flesh golem. If everyone dies, you just play some recovery games or start a new team.

5) That would be my take.
 Jump to: