47 coaches online • Server time: 22:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cdassak

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Another case of the turn ending after a vampire feeds.
I had still to move the ball carrier and he is exposed so the game is affected.

What to do now?
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Have you checked if it's a reported bug, if it is might have to wait until they've worked through the list of bugs and fixed it before playing them again.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
cdassak

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I think several bugs of this kind have been reported. In fact I have had it in 4 straight vampire games now, one with the old client, two in the testing games and now this.

Off the vamps for some time I guess Sad

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes but none of you that have reported this bug have provided the information required to fix it. This bug has existed for 3 years now. Please explain exactly how to make this bug happen and try and reproduce the bug in test mode or let me know how to do so. We cannot reproduce it, something must trigger it?

As for the game you have to finish the game or if both coaches agree you can cancel it.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

If the result is not in doubt, you could see if the staff will 'force finish' the game. This way there will be a replay to view. However, it's an iffy area.

So for testing, a force finish would be best. However that might not be agreeable to you, your opponent or the site staff.
cdassak

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah we will cancel it

I have actually posted in the test forum both the test games and the exact turn it has happened, I can check them out again.

Also, I remember at least a couple more games where it has happened and locate the exact turn it happened if it helps.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
If the result is not in doubt, you could see if the staff will 'force finish' the game. This way there will be a replay to view. However, it's an iffy area.

So for testing, a force finish would be best. However that might not be agreeable to you, your opponent or the site staff.

Opponent has agreed to cancel, what to do now?
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Yes but none of you that have reported this bug have provided the information required to fix it. This bug has existed for 3 years now. Please explain exactly how to make this bug happen and try and reproduce the bug in test mode or let me know how to do so. We cannot reproduce it, something must trigger it?

As for the game you have to finish the game or if both coaches agree you can cancel it.

I think the problem is that there is no way to reproduce an intermittent and triggered bug on the spot - I have reported 2 in the past 2 vampire games I've played, both as and against the vamps. Each time in was inexplicable except for the known criteria which is a vamp has fed on his opponent.

If you're able to debug a game from the replay, I've provided 2 recent examples of the behavior and maybe we can see where the game goes "Hey, turn over" rather than "Hey, you fed"
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I've watched the replays before but can't tell what's causing them. I wonder if there is a double click or right click or something like that that's causing it. There has to be a trigger for it.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=bugs&op=view&id=2008

That's my ticket BTW.

Being in a helpdesk/IT Admin role I would love to lay this at the feet of "operator error" but I find it pretty hard to believe that so many coaches would have this same behavioral tic that causes the game to short circuit specifically to vamps.
Garion

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldnt be the first bug to be caused by a double click, that teleporting player one was as well. However I suspect you are right in this instance. I am sure there is a trigger for it somewhere though, if you can keep adding replays to that report though it would be great, as the more we have the better. Especially new ones as currently the old replays are not working.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2014 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

cdassak wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

Opponent has agreed to cancel, what to do now?

If one of you wants to get it cancelled, get it cancelled. I'm not sure they'd agree to push it through anyway.

Which ever you decide it's not worth getting stressed over.
Fortis

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2015 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Had the turnover on a vampire bite in this game last night.
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3650293

Not sure what to do in order to assist hunting it down. I can't recall where in the replay it happened. I think it was turn 4 first half.

What should I do with this from here?
 Jump to: