36 coaches online • Server time: 08:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

So my game vs the Chaos Dwarves didn't went so well. Ended in 0-1 but I only got 2 CAS in sadly a smashed ankle on the Rookie WD, I think she sits on 3 SPP.
Maybe I should laugh about the B!tch of Life and encourage her to step her game up.

My dilemma is to keep the -MA WD or not. We still got 5 games but I only have 40k gp in the bank. So I rather keep adding catchers so they can help out vs Skaven in my last regular match.

I'm sorely missing the Strip ball at this point.

My next opponent is Undead and I'll be only giving away 70kgp in inducements unless he decides to do something with his 120k banked. He sits on 12 players, all positionals and 4 zombies, 3 TRR. 2x Guard on Mummy and Wight, Gouls with Sure Hands, AG +1 and Block. No skills on the zombies.

I'm happy that I have developed my linemen: 2x Tackle, 2x Dodge, Kick (niggling) and Wrestle.
Further I have the Tree (grab), WD MB Frenzy and rookie catcher at my disposal and 2 Loners as fodder.

I hope I can keep the mummies busy for a turn or two and not have the loners die, then they could dodge to just screen those mummies off the action. But that is of course many ifs.
The other plan I have is to attack the Guard mummy right away with the Tree. Try to keep it down while not giving away blocks by the second mummy.

My plan is rather easy: try to hurt the ghouls, as only one has blodge, they offer a fair chance of taking out speed of the team. So expect those ghouls to be screened by zombies. This means I want to set up so I get a shot at surfing those zombies. Even it fails in a knock-down, the zombie will be well out position, unless they can move their whole cage down that side. Which can be blocked by the Tree and loner speed bumps and the rest of the team screens of the flanks.
I would be happy to frenzy MB, blitz off the guard off a ghoul, to follow up with tackle marking and zoning out assists. If you get to get to the frenzy block, the guard can't simply stand up to help the ghoul in block/blitzing the tackle liner off him. Unless he is the block ghoul...

Ok, many options to consider for tomorrow but my main focus will be to keep my screen intact and stacked for maximum effect.

Wish me luck as my game is tomorrow evening.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a question here?

Link to the team?

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 05:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep until you can afford another.

You only need 1-2 catchers.
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry Smeat the question was hiding in the title and in the middle of the post.I I don't have a link to the team as it is Cyanide and I didn't figure out yet how to make screenshots in that game.
I was aiming for 3 catchers but Rat Salat is suggesting that 2 would be the maximum. This appeals to me as I would like to have a thrower for leader carry. As I don't think I will make enough money to afford a 3rd team RR.
As I understood that is the main reason to take a thrower on WE anyway.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

For a limited time non-TV matchmaking league, I think more catchers is better, preferably with >11 players though. For long-term building a team, I think one or two catchers do suffice.

And yes, I'd keep the dancer.
licker

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2015 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

-MA isn't so terrible, you can keep, you could even keep -av i think, since cash is an issue.

AG or ST and I'd probably not keep, maybe keep -ST and treat as a catcher, but clearly it's not ideal.

Leader caddy is pointless on elfs, I cannot understand why people don't understand this. Just play with 3 rrs already :p
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2015 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

You are right Licker. As the thrower already costs 90k the difference with a TRR is too small. And for sure TRR can't be knocked out or worse.
I did finish the game vs Undead and it is a 2-2 draw. I have now 100k in the bank and 11 players. Next game is vs a heavy beaten WE team with a -ST +AG WD. They have about 9 players. So I was thinking that adding a TRR might be preferred over the second catcher. For inducement purposes. But on the other hand, a reserve player can allow me to foul a little bit as it can be very helpful vs AV 7.
What do you think? I think I will give away about 200k inducements but the opposing team has still a game to play.
BTW my catcher managed to score, pass, intercept and get the MVP. is this what you would call a "Larson" or do you need a CAS as well?

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2015 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

I would keep the WD because I think WE can't afford to fire an "only" -MA WD. Moreover you league is short, you don't have money and the time to do so.

El_Jairo wrote:
I I don't have a link to the team as it is Cyanide and I didn't figure out yet how to make screenshots in that game

I don't know how to do it, but I'm almost certain BBM (Blood Bowl Manager, a program), does allow you to export images or tab of your teams in Cyanide client.

For your second question: I would buy a reroll if you have only 2, rookie catchers are not really useful in mirror matchs. And for the fouling, you can still foul the WD or expensive players Twisted Evil even without bench Laughing
if you already have 2 RR I would keep the money for futurs matchs.
licker

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2015 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Need a CAS for the larson. Perfect Larson included MVP along with all ingame methods of spp generation.

I would go to 3 rrs probably, but WE (and other elfs) can do just fine with 2 if its more a question of TV management. Of course at only a 50k cost you're not giving up much in inducements to the opponent anyway.

In order to succeed with less RRs though you do need a more developed team with block/dodge/sure hands to cut down on the rerolls for those actions. I have a ~1800TV dark elf team that has to cut down to 1 rr for the start of every new season (the league has a tv cap for the start of each season). They manage to do just fine, but they have a lot of skills so I can avoid too many needs for the reroll, mostly have to save it for when I know I will need pass/catch/gfi on a given turn. Of course they ideally play with 3, but I have to add them back in during the season.

Having that bench player is also very nice for elfs, so you could go that way too if you are satisfied with your play to use less rrs. I'd probably lean towards the 12th player if I were facing bashier teams, facing other elfs I don't worry about fouling, without DP it's not really an effective tactic as the ban hurts you too much.
Rat_Salat

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2015 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
For a limited time non-TV matchmaking league, I think more catchers is better, preferably with >11 players though. For long-term building a team, I think one or two catchers do suffice.

This could be correct, I don't have a lot of experience in league. Rookie catchers are pretty nice as compared to a lineman.

With that said, ST2 is a liability. I think I'd probably take two, which is one more than I usually have on a wood elf team.
El_Jairo

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2015 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

So if I got it right, I should sit on the 100k untill my match until after the Wood Elves, that would be Dark Elves with Assassin (-MA), 2 blitzers (one +MA), a rookie witch and some skilled linemen.
I'm still not sure as I do eat through TRR rather quick, but that can be improved by picking my turn management up again. Last game I thought it was good to start a play with the Tree and another time with a Pass for 1SPP and scrambling the ball upfield. Needless to say that both plays went south into a Turn-Over.
More worryingly leading to 1-2 behind on my own offensive drive. Gladly my rookie catcher "Tree Leaves" successfully made string of 3x dodge (1 3+) a 3+ pick-up and throw for the equalizer in the penultimate turn for the draw. He picked up a interception on the last turn too, together with the MVP he gathered 11 SPP in one game. Nice to see that sure hands is already in MVP distance.Mr. Green

And the prospect of having a bencher gives me a warm fuzzy feeling but then again Cyanide has a way of doing funky stuff with reserve players during set-up. I do have TD candidates with 3SPP on -MA WD (hoping to finally get Strip Ball) and the last skilless Line Elf. So if I would add a rookie Catcher, he might steal away those TD shots as they do come with catch and dodge and sprint off the shelve.

I just rolled for my skills and came up with Block for the Catcher and a +MA/AV on a dodge Line Elf. I'm tempted to take +AV as I was planning on putting him on the line with wrodge, just in front of the Tree.
I guess Wrestle makes more sense than +MA or +AV as it makes him more annoying and since I only have 3x Block (2x WD 1x Ca) and 1x Wrestle on the team. So I have to live with it that this stat-rise just comes at a bad timing.

Please give me some extra arguments to go for the sensible but boring wrestle and why to camp money if I can add a 12th player to the team.
I guess another important argument is been pointed out: TV difference thus Inducements. But if I'm not mistaken inducement only count for 70% real TV on a player so as long as I don't give away 200k for Eldril I should have the advantage overall.

Jump to: