51 coaches online • Server time: 15:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kemdog

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

So Hark Hellspawn, wight thrower hopeful, on the Barrowland Travellers rolled a 5.

Was hoping for doubles but what can ya do? So wondering what might be the most helpful skill on his quest to becoming the all time wight completions leader. Right now I'm leaning towards fend or pro. But open to suggestions.
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2015 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Kick off return would help him as a thrower too. Fend not so much.

Oscar Wilde
AegisTheHyena

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

If he's a thrower, Pro (to make up for no Pass) or Kick Off Return to get to the ball quicker on kickoff.

I managed to score four doubles on one wight once, and went Dodge -> Dump Off -> Accurate -> Nerves. The catcher in question was usually a +MA +ST wight, so they were a mean team.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty Blow.

There is no skill which will help him pass, just take a skill that will let him get to the next chance to roll doubles faster.

Though why you want this guy to be the all time wight completions leader is beyond me, but it's your project, might as well take something that helps in general while you wait for something better.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd give him guard.

if you want expand on his throwing ability...then pro

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

start a new one and roll doubles Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

If he is your main ball carrier, kick-off return.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 07:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Not Fend. If he's getting hit while holding the ball, you need to get the ball faster to a Blodge Ghoul, who are designed for such duty.

MB will help him get more skills faster AND help when he's in on Defense AND after he's passed the ball, and might help you win some games.

Kickoff return will do NOTHING for Defense (and little for winning games), but will get him the ball the (several?) times you receive each game.

Good luck - you'll need it.

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure feet?

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

sure feet is a good suggestion to get him into a shorter passing range more reliably... But I'd also go MB to skill him up faster. PS - i'd be happy to play your mummy-less undead team anytime...
albinv

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Naughty Blow.

Can play a bit of a safety as a thrower and still can add a needed base skill to the team. And yes, having him skilling earlier to see if he has potential is maybe the best side effect for your quest on a normal skill.

Didnt get the Fend logic though it probably makes sense. Fend = to protect the top list player seems reasonable to me. But i would wait with fend until i know the player has the potential or needs to be recycled.

Sure feet is an agility skill last time i checked?
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

First off, I love the team concept as these are the types of things that keep me interested in BB, myself, atm. I'd add the 4th ghoul, though, asap. Since you are wanting him to be the all-time wight completions leader I'd likely go w/ KOR. KOR will allow him to better get to the ball to toss it to a ghoul* & keep his completions building each time you receive. As it stands it's the best choice, IMO, for him to continue on his quest w/out having rolled doubles. There is an argument for pro, but I'd wait for doubles to take pass. Pro is a poor mans RR instrument & if he's to be the all-time wight completions leader let him do it as a rich man! =]

Edit: I'll add that if he doesn't roll doubles next time around I'd take pro & follow up w/ further doubles by taking accurate & maybe skipping pass for dodge on a second double.

Edit #2: Also, I'd drop at least 2, probably 3, of those re-rolls you have there. They are inflating your TV way to much for what you are trying to do w/ this team. At this point you have plenty of block to compensate for reducing your re-rolls. And w/ ghouls being AG3 it shouldn't be too difficult in getting the completions you want. Just make sure to get some catch on them & soon. In fact I'd take catch on two of them straight away & not worry if they die w/out blodge, as keeping ghouls alive shouldn't be your main concern. Making them effective at supporting your main goal is the key here IMO.

Last edited by Nightbird on %b %05, %2015 - %20:%Apr; edited 3 times in total
Smeat

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

If he doesn't roll doubles next time, I'd retire him and start again.

Hell, if you're serious about this then do it now. Without Doubles, without Accurate*, someone else can beat any mark he sets pretty easily (should they want to).

(* Unless you're going to milk it, he'll only be Passing maybe once/half. Unless the passes are all Short range, you'll get more mileage out of Accurate + Strong Arm (and throwing Quick Passes @ 2+ w/ Team RR behind it) than Pass + SA (and using Pass to RR 3+).

Otoh, if you're just going to milk passes, throwing and then handing off back to him - and you don't mind losing games while trying that - Pass for multiple tries/half.)

Once you get that doubles, once you know he's worth keeping around, THEN Fend - otherwise, you're just investing a ton more spp on a 2/9* bet.

(* 6/36 doubles plus 2/36 +Ag - and if 6,6, you either ignore +St or swap roles and retire/restart the other one).

Meanwhile, make the team around him as mean as you can - without your 2nd Wight as a hitter, they need to be able to protect your "soft Thrower".

(...and what exactly do you think they do with all those dead players?...)
Kemdog

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all thanks for the thoughts. I really like the arguments for Mighty Blow. It'll make Hark a bit more useful on the defensive side (& help him along for the next skill).

Thanks for the tips on team building as well. I could definitely lose a reroll or two; and as for the ghouls well... I've got a decent treasury to replace those clowns as needed Smile

Finally, I'm having a lot of fun with this team. I'm not planning on milking the completions; I'll just be playing them straight as a quasi-competent undead passing squad!
Rabe

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2015 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Passing bashers ftw! \o/

Jump to: