26 coaches online • Server time: 09:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post My 1st Blackbox tour...goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
hissa-lives

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Genuine question...
What is a "nub" and why does joking about the dice in a game when I lost 3 AV9 players in 3 turns make me one? Is it a bit like a Noob? Is saying "ah, one of those days is it?" out of order?
Could it be that it's sour grapes after losing to someone who's Rookie status suggests an easy match??
Just wondering...

Thanks in anticipation!
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

That's not a genuine question Smile

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey man, say man, have you been rubbing your nub?

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
Hey man, say man, have you been rubbing your nub?

Well that's an interesting band... not sure it answers though! lol
and Jan, seriously it is... I don't know what being a nub is, and seeing as I apparently am one figured it's best to find out
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 16:24
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

From http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nub

nub
one who sucks at a particular video game, they are not new to the game, but possess some determent that prevents them from playing well, no matter how long they practice playing the game.
synonyms- a Dan Wood, noob, newbie, newb
antonyms- an Alex, elite, 1337, leet
Boy 1: OMG a triple kill! I own at this game!

Boy 2: None of them were moving you nub?!

But persoanlly i agree more with the second most popular definition:

nub
official definition: a internet acronym, similar to "noob". HOWEVER, whilst a NOOB is someone who is lame/idiotic because he is new, a NUB is someone who has had the opportunity to learn something new, but never did, and is therefore idiotic/stupid.
"everyone who ****** up the definition of nub in this page is a nub".

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

to me it's just newbie, dunno, yes, yes depends on what else you said though.

you big nub! :p

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

#genuineanswer
hissa-lives

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Badoek wrote:
to me it's just newbie, dunno, yes, yes depends on what else you said though.

you big nub! :p

lol cheers! not much else this game, I know I chat too much in HUBBA games sometimes... so if no replies wind it back and don't say much.
Thanks Purplechest too,
In fairness I can't really argue with the comment as I have had opportunity to get better, although my improvement in game play is there for those that played me in the past I play for fun Very Happy
At least I know now, so next time I get called it I can reply, "yes, yes I am! nub and proud!" Mainly because the risky moves are what makes the game fun, sticking to safe game winning strategies aren't for me. Nub by choice!
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

You may find some of the continentals get a bit enraged when they lose if they think they didn't roll well. Take it as a compliment Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
You may find some of the continentals get a bit enraged when they lose if they think they didn't roll well. Take it as a compliment Very Happy

That's just regionist, man.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Regionalist and true.
fidius

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Raging about diceluck is a strangely metaphysical reaction when you think about it. Assuming you accept the RNG as fair, the behaviour boils down to believing the universe is conspiring against you.

Those who accept bad dice are either good sports, or they think they deserve the poor treatment for past misdeeds (a most mature response imo!). Those who don't, and who claim to be good sports, must therefore be experiencing a conflict in their worldview -- namely that the world is orderly and fair, yet the god of the universe is subjecting them to undeserved pain despite their awesome strategery and perfect character. In other words, they are closet karmic new-agers.
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

the_Sage wrote:
That's just regionist, man.

I'm anti anyone non-Yorkshire!
(Bar my wife and employers perhaps)

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
Raging about diceluck is a strangely metaphysical reaction when you think about it. Assuming you accept the RNG as fair, the behaviour boils down to believing the universe is conspiring against

If real life is going too well you can always play a couple of games of Blood Bowl and enjoy a good rage against the foul dice in the hands of your dumb opponent.

Post   Posted: May 07, 2015 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

fidius wrote:
Raging about diceluck is a strangely metaphysical reaction when you think about it. Assuming you accept the RNG as fair, the behaviour boils down to believing the universe is conspiring against you.

Those who accept bad dice are either good sports, or they think they deserve the poor treatment for past misdeeds (a most mature response imo!). Those who don't, and who claim to be good sports, must therefore be experiencing a conflict in their worldview -- namely that the world is orderly and fair, yet the god of the universe is subjecting them to undeserved pain despite their awesome strategery and perfect character. In other words, they are closet karmic new-agers.

Blaming dices is simply cathartic
When I'm not playing, I know luck and unluck don't exist... I work with numbers all days and I should be an idiot... There are some match with less probable combination of dices, but when it happens to be in one of those match and it's you on the bad side of statistic, whining a bit helps.

When I used to play D&D, we had the "punishment" angle for "bad dices"
 Jump to: