60 coaches online • Server time: 18:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Inscription JBL Sais...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
It's a double 3! What skill should this Treeman take?
Dodge
15%
 15%  [ 6 ]
Pro
42%
 42%  [ 17 ]
Tackle
25%
 25%  [ 10 ]
Sure Feet
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Toss the double, finally get Break Tackle
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pie
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Macavity
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 40

Apojar

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2016 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=9460148

Niko has achieved Legendary status. To celebrate, Nuffle has blessed him with yet another double roll. Vote or reply to cast your ballot for what skill he should get!
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2016 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Since he has Jump Up, give him Diving Tackle! =D
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro would be useful as a 50% chance to RR a Take Root, in hopes of saving a team RR for other things. Would also help on jump-up rolls for blocks, if you'd risk not standing. Beyond that, you have no other use for Pro.

Dodge is pointless. You lack Break Tackle, and being ST6, he's already requires enough resources to knock over, that dodge offers diminishing returns defensively

Tackle, on the other hand, means he is a Death Machine to anything within his reach. Might be useful, but...

Diving Tackle. You gave him grab and guard. You WANT things stuck to him. With Diving Tackle, it becomes that much harder to get away. Can't push him off, he has stand firm. Both Down needs Wrestle, and most players that take wrestle don't want to be pinned to a big bad Mighty Blow tree. ST3 needs 4 assists to get a 2d block against him. Personally, I think this is your best option.

Edit: Just saw your other tree. Yeah, definitely go with DT
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle is most useful & combines best w/ his current skills. Too bad you took grab first. Break tackle is always the best first skill for Halfling Treemen, IMHO, as it utilizes best a Treemans inherent skill set. If not tackle I'd skip the double & take break tackle.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 03:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't vote for tackle, as the chance of him being able to get to a juicy blitz target is practically zero (especially without BT).

I voted for sure feet, as it basically doubles his reliable range, although pro or break tackle are also good picks, imo.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Does Jump Up EVER work for a Treeman? That seems like a wasted skill.
You could have taken Diving Catch or Sneaky Git instead and been just as effective maybe moreso.
But seriously... Pro, Dodge, Sure Feet, Frenzy, Tackle, Diving Tackle, Side Step (if you are allowed to have it AND Stand Firm) would all be more useful skills... and I can't believe you would take Jump Up BEFORE you would take BLOCK (maybe the best skill in the entire game).

You would certainly be better off with Break Tackle over any normal skill you have other than maybe Guard.
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:
Does Jump Up EVER work for a Treeman?
Jump Up negates the Tree needing to roll to stand (other than a root roll)
and I believe it's a 4+ or 5+ roll on a block, so yes, it does a thing sometimes. All the same, it's best applied in keeping trees from being stuck on the ground, useless, because he can't roll to get up. It's actually one of the best skills a tree can get, because it alleviates their biggest issue, lack of movement. For flings, a race that relies HEAVILY on their trees, finding ways to keep a tree relevant, is your primary goal.
fidius

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 06:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I've always thought Nerves of Steel would be a cool pick for a tree, for those panic, get-me-out-of-trouble-fast situations.

But BT and SF are both less situational / mor broadly useful.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro by a mile!

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 08:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Pass?

Oscar Wilde
madvig

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Voted tackle, now that the rest of the team is able to get Diving Tackle.

Depending on how often you use PO, you arent relly sure that he will actually be standing to use Diving Tackle.

Last reason is that probably no one else on your team will get tackle in the nearest future (or ever) Why not put it on the player designed to throw a punch?
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Leader? NB there is no way at all I'm suggesting this just to annoy harvestmouse...

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Diving Tackle would be epic on that player but it's not like that is even an option.

Pro is a bit... imperfect. It's the only Big Guy that doesn't come with loner. It's still my poll pick for lack of better options.

Tackle is I guess a common choice in Stunty Leeg in situations like this one. Only that he doesn't play in Stunty Leeg. I just see different priorities for the tree, he's too slow to really target somebody with it.

What do I like about Dt? The synergy with Stand Firm and Jump Up makes it a massive pick here.
There is basically no reason not to take it.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

go with DT end enjoy the mayhem

Nextflux

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2016 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

with pro, tackle or diving tackle, all great trees, congrats
 Jump to: