44 coaches online • Server time: 17:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
xnoelx

Post   Posted: May 11, 2016 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

As a precursor to the upcoming rerelease of BB by GW, in whatever form that takes, they've asked the NAF to take down the CRP from their site. It'll be gone by the end of June.

So if you don't already have it, download it now. Just go to thenaf.net, hover over Blood Bowl in the top menu, click on Rules, and then hit that little pdf logo. Easy peasy.

I'm sure this'll trigger another round of questions and speculations, but whatever, just wait and see. I'm not announcing this as any kind of opinion or attack, just thought it was useful information.

Also; the Icepelt version of the rules is still available on the Cyanide site, but I have no idea if that will remain, or where exactly you can find it.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2016 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I wont link the book directly because idk if thats ok but if you hit the link in dode74's post, its the 11'th entry - that'll open the Icepelt version in your browser Smile

http://www.talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=40025

Thanks xnoelx, top man!
mrt1212

Post   Posted: May 11, 2016 - 01:38 Reply with quote Back to top

nuffle, hopefully this isnt a portend of the crap that GW has coming down the pike.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: May 11, 2016 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

They are releasing BB in June or are they being total spoons and having the rules removed well before release? Seems too early to me. Far to early.

DLE College 7s
xnoelx

Post   Posted: May 11, 2016 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not being released in June, no. They want the rules removed noticeably before the release date so that people who are new to the game don't learn CRP and then get confused when the new rules arrive, or something like that. Have a link to the original announcement on tff (you do have to be registered there to see it, which is one of the reasons I posted here).

And deyempe, yes, linking directly to any version of the rules is a no-no here, but that should be fine. Ta.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2016 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Version control. Its common business practice and necessary (despite the disruption). Personally, I look forward to a new, fluff filled GW manual. The latest Warhammer army codices (End Times specifically) have been fluff filled masterpieces. I can only hope we get the equivalent effort with tongue in cheek for Blood Bowl.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2016 - 06:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Whatever changes there are probably are tested in no more than a GW staff league. Lets hope it is not a lot, even though there are a few changes folks would like.
If there were a lot of changes that we didn't like I suspect the client may be updated to the latest rules anyway if Kalimar could.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2016 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I have high hopes Smile The NAF and the community here are some of the biggest around so I feel like those are the people that know what would be good and bad changes. I am sure there are some GW staff that sneak around the forums on these websites so they will have an idea of what some of things these communities would like to see.
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: May 11, 2016 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

xnoelx wrote:
It's not being released in June, no. They want the rules removed noticeably before the release date so that people who are new to the game don't learn CRP and then get confused when the new rules arrive, or something like that. Have a link to the original announcement on tff (you do have to be registered there to see it, which is one of the reasons I posted here).

And deyempe, yes, linking directly to any version of the rules is a no-no here, but that should be fine. Ta.

So basically treating customers like idiots whilst hindering those who want to get into it now.

DLE College 7s
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: May 11, 2016 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

DarthPhysicist wrote:
Version control. Its common business practice and necessary (despite the disruption). Personally, I look forward to a new, fluff filled GW manual. The latest Warhammer army codices (End Times specifically) have been fluff filled masterpieces. I can only hope we get the equivalent effort with tongue in cheek for Blood Bowl.

Confused

DLE College 7s
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: May 11, 2016 - 10:05
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Matthueycamo wrote:
So basically treating customers like idiots whilst hindering those who want to get into it now.

In GW's defence though, they don't really want people to get into it now, as they aren't selling anything. They want people to get into it when the new box is out.

And I don't think they'd view current players so much as 'customers' as 'freeloaders' Wink

Saying that though, you'd think as an officially licensed product that Cyanide had a right, obligation even, to present a copy of the rules as they work in their game.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 11, 2016 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:

Saying that though, you'd think as an officially licensed product that Cyanide had a right, obligation even, to present a copy of the rules as they work in their game.

True, would be a deficit in their product if they didn't. But they provide a digital copy of the rulebook along with their game, don't they?
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: May 11, 2016 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

There is an online guide (that sucks) which gives the basics. Its a bit vague in places and the game doesn't apply all the rules correctly (wizard at the start of the opponents turn for example).

Six months or so without an online pdf can be survived. GW has to do it so they can motivate sales of the rulebook which will likely be ~$60-100.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2016 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

...if they decide to take down FUMBBL? what's the plan B?

DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: May 11, 2016 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Fumbbl is Fantasy Football! Completely different!

Jump to: