18 coaches online • Server time: 04:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post need some practicegoto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
roos

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

One of the best things with bloodbowl on fumbbl has been that every one can find their own challanges and their own way of having fun with the game. If one wanted to promote ones personal ranking one could, if one wanted to foul one could, if one wanted to win tournaments one could and if one wanted to build a strong team one could. I for one is a team builder, I don't care about my personal ranking, but I like to see my team win and climb up the ranking. For more than 300 games I have seen my trees slowly close the 200 mark. Now it is all gone for me. It's as bad as if the SPP system were taken away from You team builder, the foul, MB, claw and RSC taken away from You bashers or the coach ranking taken away from those promoting their own overall skill.

I'll still pop in from time to time to kill people off with my flings. But as sad as it is, this is propobly the end of my time as a regular fumbbl user. Anyone know if there is any other bloodbowl sites on the internet?

/roos
Quod

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

what bought this on?
how has anything that has happened taken away your ability to build a team?

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
but I like to see my team win and climb up the ranking

team ranking is gone ....thats why hes bummed, im kinda bummed too...not enough to quit... but does take away an aspect...
Quod

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

team ranking?.... hmm, i'm probably to new to have taken much notice of it.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say the removal of team rating... not the TR one, but the team equivalent of coach rating. thingie. Excuse my vagueness, I just got up.

I must say, I've always admired roos' Trees, and their steady, never wavering climb towards the top. Perhaps never wavering is the wrong word, as there were drops, but they never gave up. Played any and all, as far as I could tell, too.

I was glad to see them overtake my Boys, as they surely deserved it more.

Sorry to see you go roos. One less coach name to look for in the games list :/
Hecropolix

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

If you care about team ranking im glad to see you go.
roos

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Why is that? I'm happy about whatever aspect of the game You like. Why can't You accept what I find fun?
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm quite bummed to see the team rankings go as well. I always enjoyed seeing my dwarfs sit authoritatively at the top of their race table. My skaven, too, were climbing steadily. I'd wanted a type of championship table for individual teams as well but unfortunately that never came into being.

Anyway, there's Ladder now, which is a lot of fun now teams can progress, and the challenge system is very cool so far (go go Goblins!). Other than that teams are still fun to play despite the loss of team ranking.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

because hecropolix is very single minded
roos

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, my Trees are not, and will never be in ladder. It's simply over...
Renegade

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

My heart bleeds
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

sp the best part of this game for you was a number that said how good your team was? how about actually playing games?
Tank

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I can understand that you might be a little dissapointed at losing the team ranking's, however i think your reaction is a bit to extreme.
For one you will be hard pressed ( IMO ) to find another BB site like FUMBBL.com with such a dedicated player base. Also the "WORK"carried out by Ski, Christer & crew to keep thing's fresh & up to date is ( again IMO ) awsome.

Good luck in your search for a FUMBBL alternative.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey people, why the harsh words? There is no reason for conflicts between us players with the common interest of playing blood bowl, no matter the reason we like the game.
Please dont turn this into a flame war.

I can agree that to stop playing the game because the team ranking is gone is a bit to much, but I got to say that I liked it as well. Sure, there was the coach ranking, but when looking at the team rankings you knew how well the respective teams had done, and a team with a streak of 20 wins and no loss, but still a really low ranking you could see if there was cherry picking, or what you call it around here. As well as see what teams a certain player did well with. Just curious facts that was fun to see at a glance.

But, to be honest, to reason i mourn the removal of the team ranking is my goal to keep the ranking of my goblin team a bit above 150 Very Happy
roos

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2004 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, in fact I will propobly not stop playing. I will propobly find a new goal for a new team. Maybe in faction. But I don't think I will ever be as dedicated again. Knowing I might once again be a victim to a site-change makes it hard to find the same joy in such a strife as it was with trees.
 Jump to: