42 coaches online • Server time: 10:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should claw be reverted back from AV8 to +2 armor roll?
Yes, +2 to AV
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Leave Claw as it is (means av8 block before modifiers).
53%
 53%  [ 21 ]
Don't know, throw a pie at me.
23%
 23%  [ 9 ]
Udder (see below).
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 39

delusional

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Asking this outside of the CPOMB thread namely to get an opinion on this specific change.

Looks like the great rule fix (from GW) is to make PO optional and return Claw to +2 on av.

Personally I think that is an absolute joke. Claw was incredibly powerful. C+MB means that with 2x skills you attack an AV10 (rolling + 11 to break armor) as if it was av7 (rolling + 8 ). What's worse you come up against av7 armor, you are now rolling to beat +4!

Now I do think Mutations are botched anyway. My thoughts are that a mutating player should take +ve's with -ve's. I.e. you want claws... Ok no hands. Prehensile tail, you loose -1mv. So that players become mutated and weird rather then just strong.

But back to the point I think that this change is out and out wrong. PO had one distinct advantage, the player is PRONE. The other big advantage of PO is that it applies to anyone with ST access. By boosting mutations we boost a few teams to the cost of the rest of Fumbbl.

Curious if others agree.

Last edited by delusional on %b %26, %2016 - %17:%Nov; edited 2 times in total
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

What +2 claw rule?

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

** I copied this from another thread that I posted in **

So the bottom line for me is that the new rules are a collection of older editions that they mashed into a new rule set. Thus the debate of if "we" are going to look at older rule sets why did they pick this and not these other 3 "rules/fluff" that where really cool and left them out?

I have a feeling this new rule set is going to discombobulate a lot the new coaches to Blood Bowl who have not played any earlier editions. I have been playing since 1st edition of Blood Bowl so my perspective on rules and changes is a little bit different than the majority of coaches on FUMBBL.

I still remember the days that if they broke AV and then rolled a 10+ your player was DEAD. Very Happy Shocked

So, the first thread with the idea being that if "we" are going to look at older rule sets why did they do this and not do that. Why did they leave that cool rule out and put in this variation of a old rule to balance it out.

Which in the end leads to the big question. Why are coaches so afraid of their pixels getting crushed, maimed and killed?

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is the context of the question for the newer coaches in terms of rule sets.

LRB4

Claw: +2 on AV check
Razor Sharp Claws: +2 on Injury check

Oh, the humanity!! those poor elfs, flings and Gobos.

NO MODIFIERS. Could not stack with MB.

Then with a FUMBBL twist: Pile ON, you select to use PO before your block and if you fail to break AV you Pile On and reroll the AV check. This was because the skijunke client had a bug on Pile On and that was how it was coded.

Very few coaches used that combo but the ones who did...made CMBPO look like kiddie gloves where on.

So one could answer the question with a follow question as the response. Why revert Claw back to LRB4 and not re introduce Razor Sharp Claws as a "new" mutation?

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Because in a competitive environment it nerfs your team when the best players die and it can be expensive/time consuming to replace them...

Thankfully with the new rules on spiralling expenses and MVP assigning this should be less of a problem - hopefully people will mother their better players a little less as a consequence?
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I've read the OP three times, and I think I'm being really slow.

The new edition has been out for 24 h. Without FUMBBL ever using it, you'd like to revert a skill (Claw) that hasn't changed since CRP to it's LRB 4 state, so two editions ago now? Is that all right? If so, I think that's an unlikely scenario...
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Should what? This is a non-topic.
Uedder

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you missed an "e" on your "Uedder" poll option.

Claw is fine as it is imo. I'd make av10 immune to claws tho.
delusional

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, new/old rule:
Claw: +2 on AV check
instead of Claw makes armor roles a +8 check.
So basically we go back to how the rules were instead of proceeding with the +8 check.
delusional

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

So one could answer the question with a follow question as the response. Why revert Claw back to LRB4 and not re introduce Razor Sharp Claws as a "new" mutation?

If it was just pixel hugging you would have a point. Hey, no problems if a game goes bloody and gory.

The problem I have is this: the changes mean that Chaos, Skaven and other warped teams benefit hugely.

I love a bashfest. But the bashfest should be orcs and Chaos going thud for thud.
If Chaos add a nice killstack (ie C + MB + B) then for 3 skills they have an awesome killer.
Orc's on the other hand have to push MB to it's limit.
You have 2 strong teams where vs AV9 Chaos could have a +6 roll to break armor while orks have a +8!

That's just Dumb. We already see characters skilling out once they get Block + guard, maybe dodge. Chucking mutated teams extreme advantage just leads to boring games.

Do we want more cookie cutters? I could see Chaos and/or skaven coaches going B+MB+Claw on most characters.

If you are going to have Claw as +2 then make it double edged.... +2 when blocking another player, +2 for any injury checks on the player with claw (trips on claws, etc).
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

It just bugs me that people have to whine over every little thing. No wonder Christer is so reluctant to move one step fourth or back in any direction.
I am really grateful we see some changes.
Hopefully they will work out.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

It's getting silly now. Simple fix was claw stays the same & doesn't stack w/ mighty blow. Problem solved. Yes they can still stack it & use mighty blow on the injury roll, but that's a small advantage IMO & being that pure chaos teams start w/ 0 true starting skills it's ok in my book. Plus, fluff, chaos are to be feared! If only that little extra bit.

Edit: This was to include PO causing a possible KO as well, but still stacking. That was my preference.

Last edited by Nightbird on %b %26, %2016 - %19:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
PainState

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I get it guys, I really do. CMBPO was a pain in the butt and messed with the meta of the game for a lot of coaches.

BUT

Now teams will load up with MB/T and maybe, just maybe run with some DP. Then quess what happens. The elves will still not play against you in ranked because now you have to much MB/T and DP linemen. Elves will be elves man. They dodge any team that can possibly hurt their precious players. This has been a universal mind set of elf teams since 1st ED. IN fact this has been the one and only constant of Blood Bowl since the very start. ELVES duck matches against teams that can hurt them.

THIS RULESET WILL NOT CHANGE THAT.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

BTW in case there is any confusion...Reverting claw back to LRB4 is, well, I will be kind, stupid.

Rolling Eyes

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2016 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

You should fix the poll: "Leave Claw as it is (means av8 block before modifiers)."
Claw considers the AV 7 before modifiers, not 8.
 Jump to: