23 coaches online • Server time: 03:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How would you skill a S5 warrior to be a scorer?
Block/Break Tackle/2-Heads/Sure Hands
38%
 38%  [ 5 ]
Break Tackle/2-Heads/Block/Sure Hands
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Other
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 13

Kondor

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

So, I have a newish chaos team (6 games). 4 Warriors, and 7 beastmen. Few skills. 1 beast with block, one with dodge, and an S5 warrior.

This will be a fairly soft chaos team. 1 beastman killer and the rest of the team built to play the positioning game.

My original thought was Block/Guard/Stand firm on the warriors but the first one rolled +St. Now I think I want to go for a the chaos badge of scoring with only warriors for at least 10 games. I have decided that my +St warrior will be my ball carrier. How would you skill him up?
Semitence

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd be tempted to delay 2 heads and BT on the off chance you are blessed with +AG. So block for me, followed by SH.
Stonetroll

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Block, surehands, (leap, VLL). Might as well go for more than one badge Razz
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Block Guard Tents SF. Does he need scoring skills to score?

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Sesslith the Seductive.

I sort of regret not taking Two Heads in lieu of Break Tackle, but back when he skilled he rolled a single, and a mutation was a double-roll at that time. (Actually, that's true of many of the Crusher's skills). Regardless, if you've only one dodge to make in a turn Break Tackle is better.

Sure hands is CRITICAL...unless you like strip ball Wardancers -2d push-stripping the ball from you. I lost in two consecutive Majors tourneys that way.

I'll get dodge if I can get a double, otherwise his final skill will likely be extra arms, as even a 3+ with rr can fail at the wrong time (it cost me a score at the end of the first half in my Rd 1 GLT match, luckily I still advanced). I'm still torn on this though, as two heads or tents could still be very useful and of course any stat would be gold.

Jimmy's build is fine for a standard ST5 versatile CW. But a baller build requires Block, Surehands and at least one mobility skill. Break tackle actually works quite well to break thru the double-deep wall (preferably blitz the rear player, then your final dodge should be a 'simple' 3+). The other two skills can be either general purpose (Guard, Tents etc.) or baller extreme (Extra Arms, Two Heads etc.)

Good luck. I've read some people pooping on the idea of a CW runner. Don't listen to them. A ST5 runner with Guard support is very forgiving, just make sure to make steady progress towards the endzone each turn Smile

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Only Block and Sure Hands are essential. Afterwards, Two Heads and Stand Firm for normals, Dodge, Side Step (if no SF yet) and Sure Feet for doubles.

However, ST5 is a strong case for Big Hand after Sure Hands if you want a more defensive role. Pick up the ball in a scrum and just stay there, knocking down a ST5 player when supported is no easy task.
Khor_Varik

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Block first, you can't know what you'll get for the next skills. Pray to have dodge, then sure hands, tackle and two heads.
With luck you could get this one or without luck this other one.
If you have a beastman with AG4, no need to pick sure hands on your CW (or not early).
Break tackle is lame when you have an easy access to two heads.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Ideally I just wait to get ag4 and then skill the guy into a carrier but if I really wanna push it like that it would be:

Block, Sure Hands, Break Tackle, Arms, Stat ups and Dodge welcome...

edit: I'm really unsure with Bt vs Two HEads and find myself going fourth and back on it...
purely for carrying I think Heads might be the better choice... but BT would allow some cage breaking action... i see the point in taking both but... I think post being able to dodge on a 2+, arms should have priority.. if you go all out retrieval you could even go big hands post arms...
but i think purely for carrying, being able to dodge through zones and picking up in tight spots is maybe not all that important.. just as long as you do all the basic stuff reliably on 2+...
and since there might be situations where you need to dodge multiple times , heads is probably more reliable than BT. After all it still allows to go into a zone on 3+...
A second double would be Sure Feet for me.
liquidorange

Post   Posted: May 21, 2015 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Jimmy is right. None of the other answers count.
vinaymehta

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2016 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I find this very tricky. Can I go with two answers, that is both No.1 & No.2. I find them both relevant in my case. I rest my case.