34 coaches online • Server time: 09:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2007 - 22:03
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, so we're looking at a complete rebalance of the Stunty Leeg, given that big guys no longer have access to general skills on normal rolls.

This post is part of a series which aims at getting input on each of the rosters that are available to Stunty Leeg right now. The base point of the changes is:

The current list of Stunty Leeg rosters with the modifications mentioned in the first post of this thread. Note that the post is only changes to the current rosters and anything not mentioned in the post is left as-is.

The idea here is to rebuild the rosters to return the blood to the division and I'm therefore mainly looking for improving the weak rosters instead of nerfing the strong ones.

Please feel free to post your thoughts on the roster mentioned in the subject in this thread. However, given the large amount of threads here and the fact that I'm expecting a rather large amount of posts I urge you to keep things on topic. I will moderate these threads harshly to keep the signal to noise ratio high. Any posts that are not relevant to the rebalancing and the roster mentioned in the subject will be deleted without warning.
Synn

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2007 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that looking back at the proposed changes to the snotling roster... we perhaps didn't go far enough in making them stronger.

That being said, a lot of people have proposed giving Snots some type of ST 2 player. I am not a fan of this since snots should remain the tiny guys who could.

I think that the proposed split of the heroes is a good start. In addition, I propose that we do something to the Pump wagons to make them the bashy focus of snots.

Possible ideas:
-Start them off with MB. This makes the wagons good right off the bat at splatting things. They never live long enough to get more skills anyway, so this could go far.
-Give them G access. This keeps them semi crappy to start off, but you know if any of them survive long enough to get a few skills.... they become the stars of the snot team.

I don't think both of these should be done. I remember the original snotling team.

__Synn
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2007 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I think as well as a couple of G Access Hero's, the snotlings could also do with the return of 2 Spore Flingers
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2007 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Snotlings: 3 Big Guys + 2 Pump Wagons still = Lots of blood.
My preferred change would be to revert the Snotling Heroes to Spore Flingers. Give them Pass access (and a passing skill) instead of Poison Daggers.

I can hear the groans due to less carnage. But think of the HMP mayhem!

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2007 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Remember that snotling teams will be a lot more hard stopped with the lack of tackle and effective Big Guys. That in itself will lead to the snotling teams getting stronger.
Kalamona

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

keep as it is, but

0-2 trolls
and wagons with G access
johan

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe the proposed change is on the weak side, but I don't really know what else to do. 4 Heroes with G access would mostly just mean more DP. Perhaps the doomdiver (or a variant of it) as a regular player? Actually scoring has always been the weak link in the Snot team.

Or go with Evo's proposal, but keep two of the heroes and transform the other two into Spore Flinger passers.

I don't think the Pump Wagons should be changed. General Access on the Pump Wagons is obscenely powerful - we saw it before, back when they had G access.

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
M'Kari

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that snots shouldn't be elevated to Str 2. I'd say G access to wagons is a certainty, also for fanatics. One of the prime reasons is - Tmen, during which games most of hte exchanges happen on the LoS and it's a sgl d face off. Atleast this way they'd be more competitive. They'll still die but will be more stable.

Why not start them with MB and G access. Seems highly unlikely that something that hard would not hit harder than a mino etc.

Try some testers and see how they play. I don't think that there are particularly many options open to the snots whilst retaining fluff.

As for EtA's proposal. With M4 I see little point of an overdose of wasted passing skills.
johan

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

M'Kari wrote:
Why not start them with MB and G access. Seems highly unlikely that something that hard would not hit harder than a mino etc.

It will. A lot harder. That's the problem. G-access Pump Wagons were an absolute nightmare.
M'Kari

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I say give them a go. They're still as unpredictable as they are now and will still get a steady stream of them by nature of the double 1. As for the fact that they were a nightmare, I think that was back when they were accompanied by 4 dagger wielders aswell. Without the spore flingers it would be interesting to see how they impact the game, remembering that trolls will be without general.

If anyone can tell me that they actually centre their strategy around their wagons and aren't there for a hopeful couple of cas before they get sent off then they're either v lucky or don't put much in the win column.
johan

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is that with Block/Tackle/MB, they're not all that unpredictable. In a way, it's like getting two free blitzes per turn with an extremely powerful player. Such Pump Wagons were even nastier than developed (Block/Tackle/Multiblock) slaughterbeast Trolls.

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
M'Kari

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 03:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol I must have the crappest wagons on Fumbbl cos mine never do what they're told.
Synn

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 07:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think that wagons and fanatics should be the same. Give on MB to start with... give the other G access. Dear god don't give either both.

__Synn
Babau

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I'll go for the throat on this one:

Give the Snot pump wagon ONE MORE point of movement and mighty blow.

*hides*
runreallyfast

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2007 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I think snotlings are just fine. Give my vote to 'don't change a thing'.
 Jump to: