47 coaches online • Server time: 11:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Torellion_Hawkwind

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2005 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it just me but do you think they are overpriced? sure they pretty decent, but the squish like flies just the same, and lack of big guy i big drawback, they maybe fast but with AG 3 the dodging is still not so great.

60k seems much esp following game with 3 deaths 4 SI and that was playing safe :-s
Markusen

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2005 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

No, they are not pverpriced. Yes, they just have AG3, but they are stunty. They make evry dodge roll by 3+. And imagine what happens if all Skinks have AG4... unstoppable! And their movement...fantastic! With Side Step and Diving Tackle these guys are like hell at the ball carrier.
Guess you had a very bad game with that many CAS.
But this also happens with non-stunty player teams to. I just remember my match where 5 Norse died... Sad((
Torellion_Hawkwind

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2005 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Markusen wrote:
No, they are not pverpriced. Yes, they just have AG3, but they are stunty. They make evry dodge roll by 3+. And imagine what happens if all Skinks have AG4... unstoppable! And their movement...fantastic! With Side Step and Diving Tackle these guys are like hell at the ball carrier.
Guess you had a very bad game with that many CAS.
But this also happens with non-stunty player teams to. I just remember my match where 5 Norse died... Sad((

even so i still feel 60k is bit too much for such fragile player, esp when compared to other teams, stunty is benfit and hiderance due to penalties for passing and greater risk injury, often feel it more of hinderance than a benfit in most cases, i feel 50k be more sensible price, or the addition of some HIGH AV players

0-3 Scaled skink MA4 ST2 AG1 AV10 Block, stunty
(basically skink with lots armour)

or something like that, something to simply take the blow of the scrim line from all those bug guys
Freezerator

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2005 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

hey dude. i play lizzies exclusively, and i wish i could lower skinks' price, but truly, if they were any better they'd be domination in its finest. with +1M they would be too fast for even a skaven army, with +1S they would last waayyyy to long with the ball, +1Ag and you wouldnt even think about tackle zones, +1 armour and they would always get up and keep coming. thats why doubles on skinks are really awsome. iv got an Ag4 skinks and he rules with the ball. (now if only i could get him leap).
Wallace

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2005 - 04:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Compare a skink to the base standard player- the human lineman. Skink has +2 MA, -1 ST, same AG, -1AV. In terms of stats skinks lose a bit. In skills the skinks come out on top initially, but A skills only compared to G skills only is probably a little less usefull overall, so they are pretty even. However players are never in isolation and need to be put in the context of the whole team. In the LRB case, the skinks are complemented by so many tough saurus's (sauri?) and the Krox, so as the scorers of the Lizard team the skills they have are very usefull (though lack sure hands...) but the 60k price tag is reasonable.

In terms of the all skink stunty roster, the situation is a little different and I think most people aren't entirely happy with how the skink stunty league roster plays, with no cheap line fodder or tough guys who can take the beating. Problem is that skinks are soo much faster than every other stunty team that if their weakness on the line is removed they can easily become overpowered. I believe many different attempts have been made to balance skinks in stunty with no really ideal solution found as of yet.
thechosenone

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2005 - 04:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
0-3 Scaled skink MA4 ST2 AG1 AV10 Block, stunty
(basically skink with lots armour)

a scaled skink? hahaha. Come now... what's next, a wood elf wearing plate armour with 1 movement.

Quote:
or something like that, something to simply take the blow of the scrim line from all those bug guys
Ah yes, those bug guys. Now, whats wrong with the sauri?

You have 6 strength 4 sauri and a Kroxigor - thats 7, yes 7, strong reptiles on the front line if needed; Now what exactly are you afraid of on the line of scrimmage? The 'bug' men your speak of must be very powerful indeed.

Perhaps this powerful?
Torrelion could only watch helplessly as the wood elf LOS advanced.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2005 - 05:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I have givin it some more thought, and I am certain, Torrelion, that your mind is distorting the reality of the physical world, and no doubt affecting your ability to win games. King George the III had a similar problem.

I think I can help you with a simple test.

Tell me, in your mind's eye, which of the following two choices are closer to your thoughts.

When you think of a halfling do you envision this:

a . Image

or this?

b. Image

When you think of a werewolf do you envision this:

a . Image

or this?

b. Image

When think of a vampire do you envision this:

a . Image

or this?

b. Image

When you think of batman do you envision this:

a . Image

or this?

b. Image

When you think of Christer do you envision this:

a . Image

or this?

b. Image

If you selected (b) for any of these see your local G.P.

Last edited by thechosenone on %b %02, %2005 - %08:%Sep; edited 5 times in total
SubSonic

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2005 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I think he is meaning the Skink stunty team, not the lizard team.... this is in stunty forums Smile
Elwen

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2005 - 06:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Skinks are goblins with +2 MA so 60k its ok. Maybe it would be interesting if they have Right Stuff and the Kroxi TTM
Pau

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2005 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Elwen wrote:
Skinks are goblins with +2 MA so 60k its ok. Maybe it would be interesting if they have Right Stuff and the Kroxi TTM
They have a huge movement rate, so no. TTM isn't needed.
thechosenone

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2005 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, I thought it was ranked.

In which case, I fully endorse the "scaled skinks" idea. You should send your idea to Jervis Johnson.

Last edited by thechosenone on %b %02, %2005 - %09:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2005 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

ha ha not much more to say. I love that vampire pic. I should use it

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2005 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Wallace wrote:
In terms of the all skink stunty roster, the situation is a little different and I think most people aren't entirely happy with how the skink stunty league roster plays, with no cheap line fodder or tough guys who can take the beating. Problem is that skinks are soo much faster than every other stunty team that if their weakness on the line is removed they can easily become overpowered. I believe many different attempts have been made to balance skinks in stunty with no really ideal solution found as of yet.

This is my exact point with stunty, the line fodder just cant handle a typical stunty scrim line hence the Scaled Skink concept

i do agree Skinks have soo much potential as team which is why i first chose them, but maintaining good team is near impossible and really you just get masscred so easily as you cannot compeate with big guys and there speed is there ONLY hope, but speed does not help on scim line.

to be honest i rather NOT have big guy in the team, but the fairly useless scaled stunty who sole purpous is nothing more that to take the initial beating and keep the big guys busy.

Scaled Skink (STUNTY LEEG)

MA 4 - There wearing as much protection as they can pack, hence tremendously slowing them down

ST 2 - They no stronger than any other skink, and so still easy target.

AG 1 - All that amour on such small figure is a HUGH hindarance to the little guy.

AV 10 - Soo much armour as this guy has stand in front those 3 treeman from the rival stunty team

Stunty - still small and nimble.
Block - Loaded with so much armour dodging it kinda diffcult so blocking becomes essential

Skill allowance - General only (because the amour make the usless with reguard to agilty skills)

Price - ???? (to be debated)
 Jump to: