19 coaches online • Server time: 07:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2004 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I just read a discussion where the topic is what should happen when a Vampire carrying the ball failes his OFAB roll when in scoring position. According to some very wise people there it should not be possible to score a TD with a vampire who is OFAB, unless there is a Thrall adjacent to the field in the endzone where the vampire ends his move.

It happens that I played a game against a vampire team where the ball carrying vampire failed his roll and just strolled in the endzone for a TD.

If the interpretation of the rules is correct that this should not be possible I would like to report this as a bug.
Vero

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2004 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

DifferencesFromBoardGameFAQ.txt
(9) LRB (2.0 - p16) states that players only score a touch down
when they end their action in the end zone. In the game you
score as soon as you enter the endzone (standing) with the ball.
SparkingConduit

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2004 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, we know. But that could be changed. And soon, please, I've had this happen twice and it irritates me because it usually makes me lose.

MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2004 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

That guy broke the rules. You should have reported it to the admins.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2004 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

He did not break the rules. They say the differences noted in the client take precedent over the LRB.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2004 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Who says? Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2004 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I know those are the rules Britnoth, but that's dicey. Just because the client allows you to do something doesn't mean you should. Wasn't that the same decision made by the admins for the intorduction of the rule of 11. That even though it isn't enforced by the client you have to follow it because its the rules? Here it almost works, the only time it doesn't is if you do follow the rules and have a thrall next to the end zone, you wont bite him.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any sign o fthis being fixed on FUMBBL.

I played a Vampire coach last night who was no where near a Thrall, failed an OFAB roll, and strolled into the end zone for a TD.

This is a Huge flaw in the vampire team, it makes it possible for Vampires to have 6 Str 4, Ag 4 receivers, where as long any of them can catch the ball and run into the end zone regardless or OFAB, which under the current ruling makes them hugely overpowered.

Since the Vampire coach I played last night thought he was completely withing his rights, although I see it more as a bug exploit, I will just refuse to play any Vampire coaches from here on, as it is impossible to see the honourable ones from the 'client limitation abusers'
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I have met two 200+ Vampire teams with my humans lately. A tie and a loss.

Both coaches scored that way after failing the OFAB roll, both told me they "didn't know".

I told them, and their answer was just "oh... well...".

Irritating. Someone who plays a team like that should well be aware of special rules.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

just remeber that they are in their rights to do it (in reference to christer's post about it). It's only pure sportsman's attitude not to do it.
Uber

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

That's how it works with the client and frankly I think it's fine like that. The people who make the rules are just plain idiots sometimes and not being able to score on ofab is another proof of that. It's hard enough to do anything with vampires, let em have their touchdowns.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

It IS against the rules but as it is Vamps are hardly overpowered so I think we should ignore it.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest having played a vamp team I noticed this after I ran a thrall down ran my now hungry vamp down into the inzone and to my surprise no bite. I assumed this was just a change done by the java just like just like the free frenzy blocks and other changes I have noticed (ever had to delcare a pass on the client?). Personaly I think trying to do stuff with vamps with no thralls is suicide so I keep thralls nearby but I dont run them down then the vamp anymore, I just run the stupid vamp in.

As for those who just run their vamps deep and hope for the pass well I guess I would just except this as just part of playing on fumbbl. Just like all the other changes to the game done by the client. To me its not like the free blitz on passblock or anything that horid but thats just my opinion.
Arcane
TheLegend

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
just remeber that they are in their rights to do it (in reference to christer's post about it). It's only pure sportsman's attitude not to do it.

don't the rules say that you must make your best effort to win games? So wouldn't it be against the rules to not score in a situation like this?

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2005 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Legend wrote:
don't the rules say that you must make your best effort to win games? So wouldn't it be against the rules to not score in a situation like this?

It's nice to see disingenuity alive and well.