47 coaches online • Server time: 14:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Blackat

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Take a look at:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=739268

We retired the teams and are recreating it because of this bug.. shame of a very nice half (amazons) Smile

game when fine untill halftime:
then my (server side) turn markers kept continuing in Half1 instead of Half 2
At turn 10 of half 1 the game ended and got uploaded??

(i did not use the sync option because i didn't know about it.. the results were allready send though)..
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Strange bug, indeed. But why retiring the teams? Was there anything the admins couldn't fix?

Macavity

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't want to sound rude to a new player, but I'm assuming you guys are friends (both brand new and all). You weren't trying to play from the same network were you? If you were behind the same router, it would mess up all sorts of things (assuming you got the game running).

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

yes we are friend however he played the game 150 kilometers away from me .. so nope not behind the same network / router unless he put a goblin in my adsl modem ?
Macavity

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd guess Imp over Goblin. You know, my online name used to be "BlaKat".... weird.....

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

was there any injury time involved? injury time lets the turn marker sometimes raise higher than 8 but doenst cause that kind of problem as far as im concerned. maybe double injury time bug?

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

maybe a gremlin...they are underrated in these kind of things

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Um, Blackat, do you have a "thing" for 'zons? Why two teams?

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Menikmati wrote:
was there any injury time involved? injury time lets the turn marker sometimes raise higher than 8 but doenst cause that kind of problem as far as im concerned. maybe double injury time bug?

nope no injury time during kickoff.. (only 1 blitz)
Blackat

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

//offtopic
Reason for me having 2 teams is I am doing a little "private" league with friends (5 people total 2 games vs each = 8 games total)..
Having the old "bloodbowl" game amazon and vampire teams where new to us.. so we made one to try them out and play.. in retrospective we should have put them in non-ranked for trial.. but oh well .. that first team (blackat's misses) will get deleted soon I am certain.. or I will keep them to play ranked games in the Fumbll league..
Blackat

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn wrote:
Strange bug, indeed. But why retiring the teams? Was there anything the admins couldn't fix?

being the first game we need to replay it anyhow..
so way faster just to remake team and play agian this evening..
Blackat

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Don't want to sound rude to a new player, but I'm assuming you guys are friends (both brand new and all). You weren't trying to play from the same network were you? If you were behind the same router, it would mess up all sorts of things (assuming you got the game running).

Hmm both my wife and I play in a "little league" my friends and I made.. does it really give issues to play together behind 1 NAT router ? If so how can we still play against one an other ?
Any hints and tips are welcome.. as warping a game in at the begin of our games is not an issue .. however in the middle it would become a pain.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all, congrats on snagging a girl that will play your silly game. Smile

Were you playing on the proxy or via direct connection? Did you have to reload at any point? Which saved game file did you use, the .inc or the .dat?

It sounds like you could well have been out of sync. This is one of the many reasons to play via direct connection (as described in the User Guide) rather than on the proxy. It's really not any harder. Really. Instead of giving out a proxy name, you give out 4 numbers. That's the only difference. In return, you get a faster, more stable connection.

However you hosted it, it's a little premature to say it's a bug in 8.3. It could be an isolated incident. Occasionally, shit just happens. Unfortunate, but it does. We've had over 1000 games played since 8.3 came out, and this is the only mention of this bug so far.

(As a final note, if you're going to play the same opponent over and over, the teams should be in Unranked, not Ranked. Ranked is geared towards people playing the widest variety of opponents and, if you read the rules of the division, you're outright required to do so. If you keep playing the same opponents in R - especially from the same network - you'll get flagged as a possible cheater and that's a headache no one wants.)

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Also note that teams can be transferred from ranked to unranked, if you want. (though not the other way).

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2005 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Menikmati wrote:
maybe a gremlin...they are underrated in these kind of things

Is this a new Stunty race?

back on topic, direct connect will sort out the playing behind same firewall/router as you will be able to connect on the internal LAN and the traffic never goes anywhere near your net connection eliminating the issue. I know this works, one of the guys at work does it to play in house tourneys with his flat mates.

Jump to: