13 coaches online • Server time: 08:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Anchorhead

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2003 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

This might have been beat to death already, but.. after I score or after the first half, the game and in fact my whole computer locks up. This happens right after I click on the "OK" button to acknowlegde the TD or the end of the half. Now I have read elsewhere in the forums here that people have changed out there network card. What card did they HAVE and what card did the REPLACE. I have a LINKSYS LNE100TX(v5). I wanted to know if anyone else has this card and if it works or doesn't work. I have downloaded java multiple times JRE 1.3.1, Ive downloaded the game 5.8 twice and all the extra files required from FUMBBL.com. I even did the turn off the hardware acceleration thingy that I saw mentioned. I guess all that is left is the network card. I am at a loss here. Which card should I get? If indeed I need a new one. Thx in advance....

Voodoo
Stilgar

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2003 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I had the same problems with freezing, but i solved it by clearing off the bloodbowl client, downloading it again, and reinstalling. I had to do it 3 times i think, but now i have no problems
Paladin

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2003 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL well... i havent tried it 3 times... ive done it twice hehehe. I have the same exact nic card as you do, and i have the same problems. Nothing i have tried has worked... So i am gonna try a new nic card. I think all of the other cards work... its only the card we have that has problems. LOL oh well.... off to spend more money on this stupid computer ROFL
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2003 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, just to mention it... try another OS. For a quick try knoppix would be fine. You can try that on a boot CD.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2003 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Haven't heard anyone mention drivers for the network card, have those been sought out?

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2003 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I did try new drivers for the nic, no dice. I gotta buddy that has an extra card or two Iim gonna try. Thx for the advice I'll let you know what I come up.
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2003 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

You could also try a newer version of java. 1.4.02 is out there.

Also, Mr. Klipp has reported that a reinstall of win xp solved his problem.

Less drastic approach would be to pull out your network card and remove the drivers for it. Reboot once so win xp knows the card is gone. Then plug the nic card back in and boot letting xp find and reinstall the drivers for the nic. Dunno it is would work but it might be worth a try if you don't have access to another nic card (or don't want to buy another one). Or don't want to do a full reinstall.

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
Paladin

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2003 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I just got my problem fixed... i got a dlink nic and it works perfectly!!!
Anchorhead

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2003 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

What kind of card is a dlink?? I am still having my problem. Thought it cleared up when I was able to actually finish a game but it showed up again a game later! Let me know the specs on that "dlink nic" wouldya? Thx Also Id like to thank the community for all the troubleshooting advice you have given out.

Voodoo
Anchorhead

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2003 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Nevermind, I answered my question with a trip to Bestbuy.com.

Voodoo
 Jump to: