20 coaches online • Server time: 03:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2005 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome in NL Raise from Ashes.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1647
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Karl Franz calls all his allied races to arms:

"The Empire is under attack, once again. In the Altdorf Classical KO cups every race of evil already informed me that they had intention to steel our Ghal Maraz Replicates.

The orks named Green Smoke too a step forward to get the steel replicate.

Tuol Sleng, infamous corrupted dwarves will battle for the Bronze one and the Soul of Corruption, servants of the Chaos God want to offer the silver one to their Gods.

Thanks, to Sigmar, the famous dwarves Bugmans XXX will protect the Golden Ghal Maraz.

But Servants of the Light, can you allow that so many forces will strike the Empire? If the Empire fall, Bretonian, Estalians, and soon the whole Old World will fall into the hands of the corrupted servants of Chaos Gods.

Join us in name of our old Alliance."

Valten added: "We can't let such thing happen. It's time for us to fight once again!"

Last edited by sk8bcn on %b %23, %2005 - %11:%Jun; edited 3 times in total
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2005 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Graf Boris Todbringer visited the emperor Karl Franz :

-My emperor, how are going things so far? Will the Altdorf Classical be successful as you hoped?
-I wasn’t expecting to see so many teams belonging to evil races. Valten agrees that it becomes disturbing. I don’t know but it’s proof that enemies of the Empire are still strong outside.
- Yes, the win against Archaon wasn’t a definitive win. They are still strong; they wait for a new attack.
- It’s not only that. There are too many dangers we never paid attention too. We need to send a clear message to them: they can’t beat us.
-Yes we need to win Altdorf’s Classical.
-…….
- I have something else to ask. May we loose, I propose the next cup to take place at the top of the Fauschlag Mountain.
- In Middenheim? It’s not your tournament, Graf, do you remember?
- But it has to be won, and it’s not Sigmar but Ulric that could protect us.
- Be carefull on what you say, Graf.
- Well, let us see. May good races win this tournament.
- May Sigmar’s blessing protect us.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2005 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Cortias, the famous ‘fling bookmaker, ribbed his hands from satisfaction. He knew that the now so called Spell of War Prohibition raised the effect of every BloodBowl game and thus his own benefits. The Altdorf Classical will be the biggest event ever and he wanted to take a part of the cake. He looked to the subscribing teams and to their strenghtes.

For the golden Ghal Maraz, things looked not that satisfactionning. 3 teams subscribed for it:
- Bugmann XXX dwarves. He thought: what a prestigious team. They won many tournaments previously and are one of the best team ever. They are well know in the Old World. They are build around Glennfidditch and Glenn Murray, two veterans that proved their strengths. Glenfidditch made 14 cas in 17 games. He is a pain for every big guy in the league. He promised himself to die on the pitch. For now, it’s his opponent that dies. Glenn Moray is their scorer. 15 td, 1 pass and 1 cas in 17 games. It’s almost 1 td per game. That must be one of the best average td per game for dwarves ever. This team definitely was his favourite.
- More Bad News, the necromantics: a mix of experienced players playing in from the beginning and very new one that has the task to carry the team. Den Dennis the Flesh golem did 10 cas in 25 games. He will lead the team. Their experienced player are all zombies so only linemen. Cortias doubted that they would be doing something exceptional. He grinced seeing Sally, a wight that made 2 td and nothing else in 22 games! The worst wight ever?
-RuhrPott Raten???? Who were they? Cortias took a look to their statistical sheet: Otto Uberhausen, 12 passes in 10 games; Edward Essen, 6 td and 4 passes in 7 games. Ruhr Laufer 6 td and 1 pass in 7 games. He laughed: according to the names, probably from the Empire. According to their incredible td average (41 td in 17 games), they are from a minor league. What a joke. They won’t stand a chance in the Golden Ghal Maraz.

The Silver Ghal Maraz:
- He remembered well the tremendous start Belgian Cityhoppers did when they came in top competition level. Their start, Leuven, is incredible. Damn strong AND agile, with a good basic technique to escape his opponents and to keep on his feet, Leuven is one of the best player ever. 8td, 3 passes, 5 cas 2 MVP in 12 games, really does he have a weak point?
-Boozing Companions: This team is an alliance from every race from the Old World. But Cortias smiled. It didn’t work: they don’t have weaknesses but don’t have enough strengths too. They were 2/4/2. Ariel Bluetenweiss does everything for them. They live and die through him. 11 td in 8 games: incredible rate but everything goes through him and taking him out means beating the Boozing Companions.
-French Power the Chaos Dwarves. Who the hell are they? 13/3/2: probably another minor league player that want to enter into the top level! Top star is a hobgobelin with 12 td 1 cas 4 MVP in 18 games. They will end laughing when they reach the top level. Pff.
- Soul of Corruption? Mmm some chaos servants. Result: 9/7/22; reported death of their best players. And after that, they hope to do something in the Major tournament. A joke….
- Tempting Fate: another unknown chaos servant, Nurgle this time. It’s an another bad results team (4/4/9). None of their players seems to be specialy gifted, according to their stats. Nothing special to look at, here again.

The Silver Ghal Maraz will belong to the Belgian Cityhoppers, he believed.

The Bronze Ghal Maraz:
-Tarrochi: what a name; another unknown team. Another unknown players. The fact that no great team entered could help them.
-Tuol Sleng: Are they weird lizardmen as it is rumoured to exist? Bad winning percentage (1/1/4), they are waiting for opponents to subscribe to the Bronze Ghal Maraz. If any real team enter, the two are dead.

The Iron Ghal Maraz:
It’s the rookie level; useless to bet on this category.

Cortias thought about it. “The real competition, this year, will probably happen in the Silver competition. It will be exciting”
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2005 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Archaon and Vardek Crom, his herald where talking about future.
“Master, after all those battles isn’t it the time to defeat the Empire?
-No Vardek, it’s too early. The chaos pact that is presented into the tournament hasn’t grown enough to try, and the Soul of Corruption is far of being good enough to do something exceptional.
- But we could find someone for this task.
-Vardek, be patient. Orken Nomadic brawl will be our training camp and Chaos league our testing ground to find our champions. It’s too early now to try something big. Let them feel safe. Let them think the danger has gone away. We will try, when time will come.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Summary of the 3 previous posts:

-Graf Boris Todbringer suggest to the Emperor Karl Franz to move the Altdorf classical KO cup to Middenheim. If the tournament becomes a disaster he may have some auguments to get the move.

-Archaon prefers to wait before trying something in Altdorf classical KO cup. He will use the [url=http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2495]Orken Nomadic Brawl[/a] as a testground for his teams.

Last edited by sk8bcn on %b %23, %2005 - %11:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Snikkit, a skaven member of the clan Eshin, was talking with Nazlim, of the clan Moulder:

Nazlim told him:
-the assassinzzz of the clan Eshin became fully useless, now that the spell of Interdict of War wazzz created.
-he he, you are wrong, totallyyyy wrong!
-Kill a good player. They are overprotected and when one fallzzz another one step up. Uselezzz
-I did not mean that, Nazliiiiim. The Empire hasn't understood the whole power of the spell. It'zzz not only an Interdict of War, but you HAVE to follow your engagement you made for the price rewarding the winner.
-uh?
-I mean, if you sayz the winner get's control of the Empire, then he GETS that control.
-mmmm intereting. But were comes Clan Eshin into play?
-Eazyyy. Karl Franz delegates his power to the chambellan to write zzze rulezzz of Altdorf Classical KO cup. If we kidnap his daughter and kill her wife, we can force him to rewrite the rulezzz and then get in possession of the Empire.
-Great plan!!!
-There is only one problem.
-What kind offf?
-I am not sure we have a potential tournament winner. Ruhrpot ratten entered but they are stiiiilll unknown. It's a chance. We can't waste it in favor for anozzzzer race.
-Yes you are right! Let'zzz wait.

Last edited by sk8bcn on %b %23, %2005 - %11:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Nachtogen

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

what's this? a monologue? Wink
well, sk8bcn, I applied my undeads again...

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Nachtogen wrote:
what's this? a monologue? Wink
well, sk8bcn, I applied my undeads again...

Nope you can add background to the NL Raises from the Ashes story.

Additionnaly, coaches will be asked about orientation for their races. The first in the list will be the Chaos dwarves. So you can participate to the background in this thread but please don't post summary of games. Summary of a tournament can be ok. Keep game summary for: NL discuss thread.

Anyway, it's the team results that will modify the background. As I said it previously, it's optional. Everyone should feel free to enter into the story or just play. I am currently starting to describe the setting.

ps: The votings for race orientation will probably work that way:

you have a number of voices equal to your group scoring. The proposal getting the most of voices is chosen and influence the background (and can lead to a specific tournament)
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

So then then Classical KO cup finally started. Cortias looked at the pairings:

“Interesting, really interesting” tought the bookmaker
“The Ruhrpott Ratten plays Phi Lambda Omicron. Those skavens are fast have I heard, damn fast. But I watched Phi Lambda Omicron’s training. I never saw that. Raw power. They are not designed to win, and the skavens will pass but they will get to the next round broken.

Nurgle Childrens are gifted by Nurgle according to the number of mutations they have. But they play More Bad News and even if the necromantics didn’t score very high (nb: 4 group pts) they are accustomed to the top level. More bad news will win.

Light and Dark(10pts) vs the Mountain (7pts) dwellers. Dark elves vs Dwarves. The two of the most famoust teams in the Golden. That’s first round top game. I got the most bets on the dwarves but it’s biased: The mountain dwellers are the only team of Good in the whole Golden Ghal Maraz.

Stargate Power (9pts) vs PRG for BTG: The Khemris will win without a doubt. It will be another hard second round for the mountain dwellers.”

The fling thought about Bugmann’s XXX step back:
“We looses here the best team, but at least bets will be more open. Without that, everyone would have bet on them.”

Somewhere else:

Graf Boris Todbringer entered in Karl Franz throne room:

“My Emperor, one team of Good for 7 opponents of the Empire?
-Yes it is a sad story, the Emperor acknowledged
-It’s obvious that NOR YOU, NOR VALTEN federated our allies or even our OWN teams in the tournament!”
Graf Todbringer pointed out the Emperor
“-I ask that the Classical Cup comes to Middenheim!
-Mountain Dwellers will win it.
-And if they don’t?
- We will talk about the future then.
-I really hope they will.”

The Graf walked out without any other word, being disrespectful to the Emperor that way. But Karl Franz didn’t said anything.

Valten, who was going to enter but stayed in the shades during the meeting, walked to Karl Franz:

“What do you think of that Valten? An internal crisis will not help. What do you think?
-Letting problems arise between you and the Graf can’t be wise when we try to federate the other races to us.
-So I should accept his offer?
- No we should choose a Neutral place for the next one.
-Where? Marrienburg?
- Why not. What about Mordheim?
- Morheim is full of vermin and outcasts. I don’t think it suits. We will think about what to do later on.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 08, 2005 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Article from the Altdorf Herald :

News from the Iron Ghal Maraz:

Paagies vs Voodoo Dolls: The amazons couldn’t face the power of the chaos Pacts. Despite being better trained and better prepared, the all-around capability of the Paagies gave them an edge for victory.

Palarian Lords vs Camera Café : The Camera Café orks faced a rookie high elf team. These rookies were one of the only two defenders of the light forces in the Iron competition but not only were they less experienced but they also performed poorly. Therefore the orks will face in the semis Paagies, the chaos Pact team. It is rumoured, though, that Camera Café has the best chances to reach the finals.

Rainbow Blackers vs Koosnaamjes: The Rainbow Blackers, pro elves from the empire (one of the few teams that joined to save the title for the Empire) lost vs the necromantics. The power of the necromantic star, Lachedoosje, an unstoppable werewolf was too much for them. Now everyone knows that a team of Evil will win the Iron Ghal Maraz.

Green Smoke vs Darkness in the Edge of Town : The orks defeated the dark elves wich leave none of the 3 elves teams left in the tournament. It is know that elven rivalry is pretty high but nor pros, nor high elves nor dark elves managed to pass this first round. The semi will therefore face Green Smoke to Koosnaamjes.

And the semi between Koosnaamjes and Green Smoke ended in a win in overtime for the necromantics. The winning TD was scored by a zombie when the top player of the team Lachedoosje stayed out most of the game. Even if the ref did not call a foul, he got Koed by what all the public perceived as a booting. The fact Truffelneusje the zombie stepped up was a great surprise to everyone especially considering the fact he scored once in 9 games and never did something special else. The hero of the night?
Ebenezer

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

CAMERA CAFE'

[After the final, the team comes back to their tribe, in the Badlands, far in the east of the Old World]
The President (owner of the team) asks for the results...

-So, De Marinis, I heard that our team was defeated in the final...
-Yes Mr. President.... but we fought hard, you should be proud of the team
-Never mind, you know, I'm interested in gold... how many gold crown have you gained?
-Ehm.... none....
-WHAT??? You have played 3 matches and you are saying that we have no gold crowns?? You must be kidding
-During the tournement we had some... hum.... expenses....
-And, for god's sake, how can we buy our precious coffee now? Will we have to beg for gold....What expenses??
-In the second match, Luca Nervi was seriously injured, we need a good cleric and we had to pay him... more, after the 3rd, we buy a new player, Olmo.... we think he's a good defender, he can helps the team in the future matches....
-These aren't good excuses.... remember... COFFEE FIRST!!! No such stupid excuses! For the future, remember... or your head could be on the ground before you can say "sorry".... the cost will be payed by the players!

[De Marinis have to talk to his teammates... and tell them the desires of the President...]
-The President is not happy... and I agree with him... we can't buy coffee... he's really disappointed... and he ordered that the expenses of this tournement will be covered by the team.
-THIS IS NOT FAIR - brags Nervi, the team syndicalist - we fought hard, we need our wage, we can't live without coffee... we are in STRIKE! No more matches until the President pays the due.
-Come on Nervi.... you're fool!
-No, we have to fight for our rights!
-There is a solution..... we could play another tournement and make some cash, so the President will be happy
-And what if we choose not to play?
-Oh well... in that case.... death will be other option...
-Damn owners... I want to see them dead!

.... but they are now travelling to a new tournement....

Last edited by Ebenezer on %b %12, %2005 - %23:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

For your information; 'Koosnaampjes' fight for the good side. They spread love and hugs to anyone in reach. Wink

Look at them team pictures. Nuff said?

Imagine someone with such a great love for children that she (of course a she) wanted them to live forever. So what makes more sense to kill the children and raise them for eternal happiness and group hugs and more of them cuddly stuff.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Jinxed wrote:
Momma, her real name faded in the mists of time, watched her children play the game her late husband loved so dearly. They shambled clumsily with the ball for the most part but a precious few had kept their former 'live' speed and agility. 'Lachedoosje' had even become more agile over time.

Momma hugged her youngest. The last true alive of her children. It was time, the child was old enough now. She strangled it while watching it with so much love in her heart that she felt it might burst. When the heart stopped beating Momma performed the by now very familiar ritual.

Proud she watched the latest of her children joining the eternally living 'Koosnaampjes' team.
She'd NEVER allow any of her children to die from disease or hunger again. NEVER again.

See? Not 'evil' necro's. Good, loving, tender, sweet ones. Wink
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2005 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Article from the Altdorf Herald:

Camera Cafe, the orcs defeated the Iron Ghal Maraz Trophee the Chaos Pact Paagies that came in with a team lowered. They reached the final and played the necromantics Koosnampjes.

The necromantics and the orcs played a hard fought final. Both teams were very nervous and failed some easy actions but the necros, boosted by the great ability of Lachedoosje, managed to score the winning TD earning that way the Iron Ghal Maraz trophy. Today will take place the winning ceremony.

Last edited by sk8bcn on %b %12, %2005 - %14:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: