51 coaches online • Server time: 17:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Inscription JBL Sais...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How many stunty teams would you like to have ?
5 is enough
64%
 64%  [ 31 ]
15 as unranked teams
27%
 27%  [ 13 ]
No limitation
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 48

Thierry

Post 5 Posted: Jun 10, 2005 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

I was just wondering if i'm the only one thinking that stunty leeg should allow you to get more than 5 teams.

As i'm mostly exclusively playing stunty, i have already used the five slots, developped most of my teams to tr 200, applied to several events & tourneys but the problem is still the same :
1)as long as your tr is low, you don't have that much difficulties to find games but when your teams reach level 200, opponents are harder to find.
2) when all five slots are used, u have no other possibility than retiring one of ur team if you want to apply to an unranked stunty tournament ( creating the team in stunty and then switch to unranked to keep general skill access to your big guys)

In order to ease the "searching game" factor, the best solution is to always keep one of your teams with a low rating and when that team reachs a valuable tr, you have to sacrify one of your beloved teams and start a new one.
But i'm not that volunteer to retire experienced teams to find games easily, the best solution would be to increase stunty slots.

So let's see if i'm the only one thinking that 5 stunty teams will never be enough for my bloodbowled unrepented stunty soul.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2005 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

If you had 10 slots you would end up with 10 teams unable to find a high TR game.

You would then still have to choose which team to delete to start a new one.

I think perhaps you should look at ideas to make Stunty more popular at higher TR.

I know my own views on the matter, but I have said enough in previous threads ...
Greenfort

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2005 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Why put limits on it?? It´s not like ranked. In Stunty it´s just for the bashing and insane creatures dying in drowes. Instead of forcing people to retire teams that have, surprisingly, developed well, then let them make new ones.
It´s hard enough already to get a game in stunty.

More teams I say Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2005 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Not all stunty races survive to TR 200. Even a higher endurance stunty race team can be seriously crushed in just a single game with some bad luck and running chainsaws. That's one of the main reasons why finding a TR 200 game in stunty is hard. Usually TR 200+ teams have just 2-3 insane big guys hogging all the spps and boosting team TR by ~100. Not many teams wanty to play versus really nasty big guys, making game-finidng more difficult.

There are always exceptions, though but in general stunty linos die like the fodder they are and coaches spend extra cash on wizards, stars and new linos.

DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2005 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Greenfort wrote:
Why put limits on it?? It´s not like ranked. In Stunty it´s just for the bashing and insane creatures dying in drowes. Instead of forcing people to retire teams that have, surprisingly, developed well, then let them make new ones.
It´s hard enough already to get a game in stunty.

More teams I say Smile

There is a limit on all teams, including [U].

I do not know why, but it may have something to do with database size, who knows.

I am not sure of your argument though of [S] deserving more spaces than [R]
Thierry

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2005 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumies wrote:
Not all stunty races survive to TR 200. Even a higher endurance stunty race team can be seriously crushed in just a single game with some bad luck and running chainsaws. That's one of the main reasons why finding a TR 200 game in stunty is hard. Usually TR 200+ teams have just 2-3 insane big guys hogging all the spps and boosting team TR by ~100. Not many teams wanty to play versus really nasty big guys, making game-finidng more difficult.

There are always exceptions, though but in general stunty linos die like the fodder they are and coaches spend extra cash on wizards, stars and new linos.

well, i have chosen the race that allows the exception then. But in fact you haven't that much tr +200 teams, considering that all stunty players are spreaded all around the world, some of these will remain unplayed.

As stunty doesn't influence coach's ranking, it would be nice to have a bit more teams, 10 would make me glad, 9 also, 8 too, 7 a bit, 6 better than 5.
But if this is due to database volume, I'll keep playing with 5 of them and i'll pray nuffle to take the fearless stunties into consideration and increase their availability to billions.
Mully

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2005 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I was just wondering if i'm the only one thinking that stunty leeg should allow you to get more than 5 teams.

No, but your close. Actually if you LOVE stunty you have 20 slots for teams. More than enough.

Just create them in "S" and trasfer them over to "U". If enough coaches do that you will expand the stunty capabilities.

What I think you'll really find is few people are as excited about stunty as you.

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2005 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

What I think you'll really find is few people are as excited about stunty as you.

Oh, we exist. Wink We're just waiting for the right time to strike...

Soon, my friend. Soon. Stunties will RULE THE EARTH!!! Muahahahahahahahaha...

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2005 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty teams are funny to try out, becuase there' nowhere else to play them If there's some significant reason why we can't have more than five, then that's okay, but if not, why not just increase the limit a little.

/johan

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
 Jump to: