13 coaches online • Server time: 04:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wallace

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2005 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

A quick glance at the top slave deathrollers list shows that none seem to use the dirty player skill. I would always take DP as the first skill on a deathroller, but am I reading the rules wrong? The deathroller gives you +6 to the armour roll, while DP gives +1 to either armour or injury. As the roller is likely to break armour without help from DP it will usually help the injury roll and be really usefull. Am I reading it right? If so why would DP not be the automatic first choice skill?

OR is it that I'm just a bastard Twisted Evil and a DP deathroller is just too much for most coaches to consider fair!
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2005 - 03:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Deathrollers need block to stay alive a bit...

And DP ain't that useful when you already have 6+...

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2005 - 03:31 Reply with quote Back to top

No, the dirty player skill gives +2 to armor or injury, not +1. As for the dirty deathroller it is a very usefull weapon, but as a fouler it is expensive, however incredibally effective. It is not automatic because some coaches want to use their 120k of tr in slightly more usefull ways. If the roller fouls it is almost certainly in a position to be blitzed or blocked next turn for a BOOM.

Most coaches use them as cage breakers so the defense has a good chance of recovering the ball. Not that I agree with that use, it's just what the sucessfull coaches are doing.
Eddy

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2005 - 04:42 Reply with quote Back to top

moreover, it might be interesting to note that the combo deathroller + DP might be bugged under JBB (as chainsaw + DP is).

this was NOT tested though, so it is pure speculation.

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2005 - 05:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm I guess I've only ever seen the deathroller (in the slaves line up) as a means to take out your opponents big guys with a killer foul, using it to blitz would seem very risky considering if the block backfires it's a boom, and if you move in to blitz, the roller is exposed. Of course the same is true for a foul but is you've taken out at least one BG the roller has done it's job consdiering you have 2 pretty much indistructible mechs to do your hitting, but the only thing the deathroller skill does is help fouls so that in my view is what it's for. Of course, as I've discovered getting a game with a DP deathroller can be hard sometimes so that needs to be considered as well...
BloodyHand

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2005 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I think DP is not for the Deatroller. Nice Idea but to expensive;)

A Lineman or something equal with DP is in my opinion useful.

But only one. Today I saw a team with i think 6 or 7 DP ?

CU Kai
Wyrmtainter

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2005 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Might also consider that the Deathroller is a secret weapon, hardly concealable. In other words, it would be sent off anyway soon enough, so better foul with him and give him a skill to make the job.
 Jump to: