17 coaches online • Server time: 04:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Soaren

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks <unnamed party> for getting me banned...

I explained for you the situtation why I created a "new" account, hence why I do not need to lie about it. I told you the truth, but I can not understand why you have to twist it so it sounds like I am using "two" accounts, which I am not.

I simply created a new account, since I lost my old e-mail address due to fire in my apartment building. I am not, I repeat, using my old account. There is nothing illegal about that.

Yes, I could have kept my mouth shut and let you think you were cherrypicking me or whatever, but I choosed not to, instead I spoke merely the truth, and this is the thanks I get.

My old account name was Enarion, and I had a couple of a good teams there. But instead of going through the hassel with contacting christer and taking up his time to get my password etc for that account I decided to create a new one. And if you take a look, that account has been inactive ever since I started to use Soaren.

Thanks for hearing me out.

P.S As for against the rules for having two accounts... what's stopping people from creating accounts? all you need is a hotmail addy. And to my knowledge there are people using "two accounts", meaning both active. Which I am not.

Edited, because I'm sure you didn't mean to stoop to grade-school style name-calling. - BMM
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Soaren wrote:
...I simply created a new account, ... instead of going through the hassel ...

out of order quote by Soaren wrote:
There is nothing illegal about that.

One more quote....

The Rules, which you all agreed to and are responsible to uphold wrote:
Account
You are allowed only one account per person.
Consequences of breaking the rules
Violating the above rules may result in various consequences. This includes but is not limited to account blocking, warnings, team retirement and ranking reset.

Whether or not one believes that the result is appropriate, what you did is rather specifically spelled out. Your opinion on the rules may vary of course, but they are very clear in this case.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Edited, because I'm sure you didn't mean to stoop to grade-school style name-calling. - BMM

I am not aware if you know that that is his nickname he is using, I am not name-calling anyone.

But thank you for your vast comprehension in the matter. Sad that you have to scoop down to grade-school teacher and police a matter that does not need policing, we are all adults here.
Soaren

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
Soaren wrote:
...I simply created a new account, ... instead of going through the hassel ...

out of order quote by Soaren wrote:
There is nothing illegal about that.

One more quote....

The Rules, which you all agreed to and are responsible to uphold wrote:
Account
You are allowed only one account per person.
Consequences of breaking the rules
Violating the above rules may result in various consequences. This includes but is not limited to account blocking, warnings, team retirement and ranking reset.

Whether or not one believes that the result is appropriate, what you did is rather specifically spelled out. Your opinion on the rules may vary of course, but they are very clear in this case.

And to my knowledge I am only using one account. Case closed.

You got anything else to add, MrMojo?
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Soaren wrote:
Quote:

I am not aware if you know that that is his nickname he is using, I am not name-calling anyone.

Yeah, but you're not even supposed to go naming coach names in public areas like the forum or IRC channel #fumbbl...
Quote:

But thank you for your vast comprehension in the matter. Sad that you have to scoop down to grade-school teacher and police a matter that does not need policing, we are all adults here.

Hey, don't be bitter, just chalk it up to experience. After all, only you know 100% for sure that you were making an 'honest' mistake. If they let you get away with this with no penalty, there really would be absolutely nothing stopping everyone and their cousin from making second, third, etc. accounts...when they got caught all they'd need is a quick excuse and they would be off the hook for their (deliberate) cheating! Are you due some leniency for being honest about it? Maybe I guess, they could ban you for a shorter time or something. After all, confessing to killing someone unintentionally won't get you 100% off the hook IRL...

Besides, is it really a hassle to get your password back? I thought there was a 'forgot password' link when you sign in, which emails it to you right away?

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

No, as I haven't really added anything before.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

people really got issues reading these days :p

not allowed more than 1 account != using more than one at any given time.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

By name-calling, I wasn't referring to his username. I was referring to the public posting of grievances against a single person. If you actually wanted to address this to the person who reported the incidence, then why not PM him? Because you hoped to get public backlash against your accuser? That's what I was referring to as name-calling. Sorry for the confusion, perhaps I worded it poorly. If so, my apologies.

As far as the multiple accounts, I'll simply add that it does not say "You are allowed one active account". It says that you may only have a single account. By your own admission, you have two - one which you are using and one which you cannot access. That is against the rules.

That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying that you deserved to be banned. I'm just pointing out that it is not because anyone was casting aspersions on your character or claiming that you were using your multiple accounts to cheat. Simply having the multiple accounts was the problem... and the only problem.

The truth is, you simply could have written a support ticket and gotten your password mailed to your new email address. Then you would have had one account and kept all your teams and all would have been well.

I'm not judging the ruling from whatever admin handled it. I'm simply clarifying in the hopes that it won't happen to anyone who reads this. That's all.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

CorporateSlave3 wrote:

Besides, is it really a hassle to get your password back? I thought there was a 'forgot password' link when you sign in, which emails it to you right away?

And the forgot password, functions in that matter that it sends an e-mail to the old e-mail address, hence why it's a hassle. Since I do not have access to my details for that e-mail account.
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Soaren wrote:

EDIT: Bah, BMM you beat me to it anyhow! Razz

Here, I'll add it for him: the rule is that you can only have one account, not have as many as you want as long as you only use one. Why? Because you can use new accounts to get around drops in Coach Rating for one. CR down to 135? Feeling blue? Make a new account, abandon the old one, wow, 15 points CR for free!

Also, it can allow people to escape their reputation - whether deserved or not.

The bottom line is: you're only allowed one account, you made two. The fact that only one is currently in use is irrelevant, since one of the preferred methods of the 'two-account-hustle' is in fact to abandon the first account for some reason, just as you did. Maybe you had a legit-ish reason, but the admins can't ever know that for sure, so you really shouldn't hassle them for enforcing their rules.

Seriously, just don't worry about it, don't do it again, and wait for the ban to be lifted. Don't take it too personally! Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

CorporateSlave3 wrote:
Soaren wrote:

EDIT: Bah, BMM you beat me to it anyhow! Razz

Here, I'll add it for him: the rule is that you can only have one account, not have as many as you want as long as you only use one. Why? Because you can use new accounts to get around drops in Coach Rating for one. CR down to 135? Feeling blue? Make a new account, abandon the old one, wow, 15 points CR for free!

Also, it can allow people to escape their reputation - whether deserved or not.

The bottom line is: you're only allowed one account, you made two. The fact that only one is currently in use is irrelevant, since one of the preferred methods of the 'two-account-hustle' is in fact to abandon the first account for some reason, just as you did. Maybe you had a legit-ish reason, but the admins can't ever know that for sure, so you really shouldn't hassle them for enforcing their rules.

Seriously, just don't worry about it, don't do it again, and wait for the ban to be lifted. Don't take it too personally! Smile

It is lifted, but that is not the point. The point is that <that unnamed person> went public with the matter, and for that I had to explain myself in "public". Why I created a new account, which let me add <the aforementioned unnamed person - henceforth know as UNP> does not state in his stylish post. There does not say anything in the rules, that people are not allowed to create a new account, it says specifically you are not allowed to have more than one account per person.

How many accounts do I have? Since I do not have access to my old one, the answer is simple, I am only having one account.

And let me add, I had a good reputation and flourishing CR on my old account, Enarion, but frankly I do not care much about that, I am here to play bbowl and have fun.

This is like blowing a small matter into bigger proportion, which was not necessary.

Maybe they should add in the rules that if you lose your details such as e-mail access and login information, contact an administrator before creating a new account if there is a chance of saving the old account.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Yar this Soaren still exist no? So everything is now right again.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Although I don't think he needs to be quite so self righteous when he is pretty clearly wrong (only using one account doesn't mean you only have one account...that's rules lawyering talking that is), he does have a solid point that the 'UNP' who brought up the transgression in the Forums in the first place was also very wrong to do so, and should have made a silent support ticket to report it, rather than dragging a coach's name though the mud in public.

The forums are for discussions, not witch hunts, and complaints against specific coaches need to be made in support tickets, or the #fumbbladmin channel.

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

/me thinks. Should I close my "Circular Logic" account or my "sk8bcn". sk8bcn is so fun and cool and loved by the crowd. Almost first poster too. Maybe he already is... While Circular has the best CR. Whayt is sure is that Macavity is over

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2005 - 05:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I had the problem you described Soaren, I no longer had access to the eamil my account was linked to and could not remember the password. I emailed the admins and it was sorted out within a day with my account linked to my new email address. If anyone else has this problem be aware that it is easily fixed.
 Jump to: