30 coaches online • Server time: 10:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Meat Grinder Season ...goto Post Making Assassins mor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2005 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Slave Labor Graphics reports that DEO#1 -- the comic book I'm writing right now -- will have a street date of July 6, 2005.

I don't want to flog this too hard in the forums, but obviously, this means a lot to me and Roy (the artist), as it's our first full-issue published work. High sales will mean more attention, which could mean more potential writing work for yours truly (and more illo work for Roy Truly).

This has the potential to seriously be the turning point of my life. For real. It's a bit of a freak-out when I think that this might be what changes what I do for the next 50-odd years (if I'm lucky).

Please, if you can, pick up a copy. If you know anybody who likes zombies, if you know anybody who is into social satire or has a well-tuned sense of humour, tell them to pick up a copy.

If you have any ideas on how I can promote this beyond what I've already done, let me know.

This is one of The Moments, you know? The things that can change absolutely everything in your life for the better. I don't want to drive it into the ground, but at the same time I want to really, really, REALLY do everything I can to make it a success.

And it's a good goddamn comic. Seriously. There's a preview here, but every issue of the book just gets better and better. I promise.

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Dammit, I just found this thread.... Shepherd is a freaking GENIUS!!!! Man-Man makes me laugh out loud all the time!!!! DEO is an awesome concept and looks great. If people can afford GW stuff then buy a comic!!!! It's the price of a blister pack... no... wait..... the price a blister pack was 10 YEARS AGO!!!!! BUY THE COMIC!!! (I know I will) what's the distribution going to be like, Shep?

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

the preview looks pretty good, in which contries is it gonna be released?

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Have one held for me already.
trouble

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds nice, if I see it I'll buy it.
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Woohoo! Thanks!

Re. distribution (since Macavity and Mr_QB asked and I have gotten a couple of PMs from Europeans about it: Slave Labor is one of the "major minors" in comic-book companies -- any well-stocked comic shop in North America will carry a copy or two of most of what SLG puts out, but they're not like Marvel or DC, which have good penetration across the pond and into Europe. Any decent comic book store WILL order things by request, though, and I'm sure SLG ships regularly across the Atlantic. They have a few major products like JTHM (see Xtreme's forum avatar) and Ronan Dirge's stuff, and have just inked a major deal with Disney (!!!!) for comics based on their themed attractions (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) so that might open the pipe a little bit more.

Again, most shops WILL order things if you ask them. I don't think SLG has the "single-wave, no reprints" policy that cripples late orders.

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Holy creepiness! Looks interesting.

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'll do my best to get people in Winnipeg buying... Someone should kick Dreadclaw and tell him to promote some Canadian artwork instead of pretending he's American all the time!

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

*Bump*

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

gulp

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2005 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Bump! Today is the day!

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2005 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

grats shepherd you must really be looking forward to this day Smile, i hope it will be a great success for you as i think everybody here at FUMBBL will aswell

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2005 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks, man!

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2005 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems rather interesting, what about Kafka Sheperd?
public_Bob

Post   Posted: Jul 06, 2005 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

wow man that looks so sweet!! sadly i live in korea so i think my best bet might be the net. Is there any way i can order over the net?

Jump to: