39 coaches online • Server time: 19:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post GIF Guide
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Blutzh

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

If you succesfully dump off, does it count as a pass and gives a SPP?

Can you Pass Block it?

Can you dump off with the same player more than once in a turn? A very rare occurence...

What about Hail Mary? It does say that you can hail mary instead of throwing, and Dump Off is a throw albait a short one...

Can a Big Guy Dump off the ballcarrier if the ballcarrier is blocked? Wink (Would be cool)
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, yes, no, no, no.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Would be cool if the big guy picked up and threw away the ballcarrier...

Don't pick on my gobbo!
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

yes-yes-no (not sure, tho)-no-no.

But I agree the last one would be SOOOOO cool... LOL

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

(14) PASS BLOCK does not currently work during a DUMP OFF pass.
<-- DifferencesFromBoardGameFAQ.txt - is your friend

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, technically, he didn't ask if it worked in the client...

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Blutzh wrote:
If you succesfully dump off, does it count as a pass and gives a SPP?

yes it does.

Blutzh wrote:
Can you Pass Block it?

Not in Java Bowl, though that is an error (it´s already in the differences from board game text file though).

Blutzh wrote:
Can you dump off with the same player more than once in a turn? A very rare occurence...

Yes you can, though as you say, not likely to happen.

Blutzh wrote:
What about Hail Mary? It does say that you can hail mary instead of throwing, and Dump Off is a throw albait a short one...

No, you can´t. Dump Off only allows you to make a Quick Pass, Hail Mary is not a Quick Pass.

Blutzh wrote:
Can a Big Guy Dump off the ballcarrier if the ballcarrier is blocked? Wink (Would be cool)

No idea what you´re talking about here Razz Edit: ok I get it LOL! No of course not, but would be very funny hehe!

Edit: others beat me to it, but yes you CAN Dump Off more than once in a turn with the same player.

Last edited by MixX on %b %03, %2005 - %14:%Oct; edited 1 time in total
SkatKat

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I think no. 3 should be a yes, in the rare event that he dumps off, doesnt get knocekd down on the block, then if he gets the ball back (the other player dumps it back to him when being blocked, or the ball scatters to his place and he catches it) - then if he is blocked a second time I think he should be allowed to dump off again.
All you people saying no, why not? LRB doesnt say anything about not being able to dump off twice if getting blocked twice in the same turn (if still holding the ball).
MixX

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

SkatKat wrote:
I think no. 3 should be a yes, in the rare event that he dumps off, doesnt get knocekd down on the block, then if he gets the ball back (the other player dumps it back to him when being blocked, or the ball scatters to his place and he catches it) - then if he is blocked a second time I think he should be allowed to dump off again.
All you people saying no, why not? LRB doesnt say anything about not being able to dump off twice if getting blocked twice in the same turn (if still holding the ball).

yep, that´s what I´m saying.
macike

Post 18 Posted: Oct 03, 2005 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

DonTomaso wrote:
Would be cool if the big guy picked up and threw away the ballcarrier...

Would be even cooler if the BG picked up the ball carrier, bite off and dump off his head. Laughing

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2005 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

SkatKat wrote:

There is a rule saying that you may only use a skill once a turn but I am not sure if it could actually be used here since it isn´t the players turn. Since you can use the dodge skill to save yourself from a knockdown more than once (frenzy or multiple opponents blocking the same player) every oponent turn why not dump-off?

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2005 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

yep I think it was cleared up in a FAQ somewhere else that the "once a turn" rule Rimmer mentions only concerns the player on his own team turn (possibly even on his own action only, can´t remember which), I´m positive it doesn´t incluence skills that can be used in the opponent´s turn anyway.
amstar34

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2005 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

You can use a skill once per turn. The rulebook is not specific about what happens during an opposing player's turn.

Dump Off should be allowed on each and every opposing player turn just like dodge, guard, tackle, and block (just to name a few).

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2005 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

You can use a skill once per turn. The rulebook is not specific about what happens during an opposing player's turn.

Dump Off should be allowed on each and every opposing player turn just like dodge, guard, tackle, and block (just to name a few).

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2005 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Imagine only being able to use Block once during each of your opponents turns...

Yeuch!

Smile
 Jump to: