25 coaches online • Server time: 08:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
blizzt95

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2007 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, since everyone else was doing one, I figured I'd give it a shot. This is in a way an undead/chaos kinda stunty team of "mephits", taken out of the AD&D monstrous manual. I've tested this out with a few rosters and it -seems- to be rather balanced. I've played a lot of stunty and I know what makes it fun... so here is my contribution to these big discussions. The Mephits.

Mephits

0-8 Mephit 4136 dodge stunty regen rightstuff A/Ph 40k
0-4 Fire Mephit 5135 dodge stunty frenzy regen A/Ph 50k
0-4 Ice Mephit 4226 dodge stunty standfirm regen A/Ph 50k
0-4 Smoke Mephit 7136 dodge stunty horns A/Ph 50k
0-2 Priest 6338 leader NoS infect G 90k
0-1 Golem 4529 BG ReallyStupid MB Thickskull TTM regen S/Ph 110k

Reroll ~60k

Apoth: No

Fluff:

Evil priests from across the land gather their strength and call to their bidding mephits,
or imps, to do their evil deeds. These little demons are from the depths of the underworld
so have evil dispositions to the very last one. Because no right-thinking apothecary would
work for such a group, the team isn't allowed one. The priests are the heads of the team,
calling forth the mephits and possibly their golem to do battle on the bloodbowl field...

The four types of mephit are little winged imps. When a priest 'infects' another player,
it turns to a regular 'mephit', not one of the named types.

Any suggestions appreciated.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2007 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

A nice idea and fluffy. This team probably needs bosting though. Very Happy

Definate thumbs up from here.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
blizzt95

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2007 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Bosting? Meaning it's not strong enough or what?

Edit: Ohh. Boosting, you probably meant. Well, str 3 is heavy in stunty, especially with general access. It might do to put the ability of the apothecary in there to make it a bit stronger and also to keep the priests alive since they don't get the regeneration...

Last edited by blizzt95 on %b %29, %2007 - %16:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2007 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

st1 frenzy :/ hehehe
blizzt95

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2007 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

mymLaban wrote:
st1 frenzy :/ hehehe

With av5, no less Wink Probably should be str2, though, but don't want to make them overpowered.
boruppeter

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2007 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

This roster looks nquite balanced to me. I have, however, a question: Why do the Priests have Nerves of Steel? Is there any fluff behind it or what reason in respect of game mechanics did you have to suggest that?

I would remove the Infect skill from the Priests. The fluff reason for this is that mephits are summoned beings from another dimension (like demons) [in D&D, but as your team is based on that...] and not ordinary beings infected with some evil disease (like Nurgle's Rot from the Warhammer world). The other reason is that your race is less likely going to make it to become an official fummbbl stunty race (if you intend to make them one), as the client currently doesn't support that specific Infect skill and so the client would have to be changed, which I believe won't happen.

I would, however, give the Priests Regenerate, as they're the key players of that team, and with ST3, AV8, no block, no dodge and no apoth, you can be sure they won't last long...

So my suggestion is, in short: Change Infect to Regenerate and then the team is fine... (If you need some fluff why Priests should regenerate, call them Undead Priests or Revenants or leave them human and assume that Tzeentch bestowed this power upon them as a reward for their faith or something the like.)
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2007 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I meant boosting Smile (I nearly wrote booting with another typo)

You need to think what is going to be special about the basic Mephits themselves. At the moment they are twice the price of a snotling.... and they are worse.

Look for an interesting skill that they could use. This should help give the team some of its character. Foul Apearence or Prehensile tail, maybe NOS.

If i were to be really naughty I'd suggest that you get rid of the big guy, maybe the priests too and give all the little Mephits dauntless and infect. This could be reall, really interesting.

You get the idea anyway. Needs more power, the more interesting the better (not too much power tho).

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."

Last edited by SillySod on %b %29, %2007 - %16:%Nov; edited 2 times in total
blizzt95

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2007 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

The backstory (fluff) I came up with for the Mephits was a little long and tedious so basically cut it down to the highlights. They have Nerves of Steel because they have to deal with chaos and with mephits/imps that can be rather.. mischievous and against authority so they had to develop nerves of steel to deal with such demons.

What you say makes good sense. I haven't play tested them yet, but have made several different rosters with them. The differing mephits and the numbers involved make choosing one type over another something of a priority when deciding what players to have on the team.

I'm not sure what you mean by the client doesn't support infect? I thought the nurgle beasts had that skill, as any death would result in a rotter (or a nurgling in stunty). I am considering either adding an apothecary or doing the infect-for-regeneration switch on the priests and maybe changing their positional names, just waiting to see what others say on the matter and how my playtesting goes.

In short, I am hoping to at least submit this as a new stunty race, yes.
xcver

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2007 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

should check the costing of that golem. basically a Troll with Ag2 and no really hungry negatrait plus Mutationaccess for just 10k more. Reduce Ag to 1 and it's fine I guess.

Also too much positionals there. If you don't want to throw your people, there is no point in having even a single Mephit in your team since you can fill out 15 players (which are all better) without them. With MA at only at 4 their ability to make TTM TD's is severely hampered on top of that.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2007 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Keeping the race consistent (in regards to fluff), I wouldn't add an apothecary... I can't really imagine an apoth vetting some demons (or golems), so the apoth should be limited to the Priests. But having an apoth for only 2 players in the max is a bit... out of balance, I would say.

The infect issue: I still say that demons (and mephits) are summoned creatures and not ordinary creatures who became ill...

Giving the ordinary Mephits Foul Appearance is a good suggestion in my opinion.
blizzt95

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2007 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh. Okay, lots of good suggestions, and I appreciate the little things I missed.. the golem's pricing and such. Just taking into account what people have said here, I've done a few alternates, but I haven't made any lineups out of these. Just kinda tossing the idea around.

Mephits

0-10 Mephit 5136 dodge stunty regen FA RightStuff A/Ph 40k
0-2 Fire Mephit 5235 dodge stunty frenzy regen A/Ph 50k
0-2 Ice Mephit 4226 dodge stunty standfirm regen A/Ph 50k
0-2 Smoke Mephit 7136 dodge stunty horns A/Ph 50k
0-2 Heucuva 6338 leader NoS regen G 90k
0-1 Bone Golem 4519 BG ReallyStupid MB TS TTM regen S/Ph 120k

Mephits (SillySod)

0-8 Mephit 4136 dodge stunty regen daunt PrehensileTail A/Ph 40k
0-4 Fire Mephit 5135 dodge stunty frenzy regen A/Ph 50k
0-4 Ice Mephit 4226 dodge stunty standfirm regen A/Ph 50k
0-4 Smoke Mephit 7136 dodge stunty horns A/Ph 50k

Mephits (SillySod2)

0-8 Mephit 4136 dodge stunty regen daunt PrehensileTail A/Ph 40k
0-2 Fire Mephit 5135 dodge stunty frenzy regen A/Ph 50k
0-2 Ice Mephit 4226 dodge stunty standfirm regen A/Ph 50k
0-2 Smoke Mephit 7136 dodge stunty horns A/Ph 50k
0-2 Lava Mephit 3227 stunty regen thickskull A/Ph 50k
0-2 Mist Mephit 5236 dodge stunty SureHands regen A/Ph 50k

(All are still about ~60k for reroll and no apothecary)
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2007 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

St 1, Dauntless on a whole team coul be really cool Very Happy. If the team has no big guys then it will get pushed around alot by the opposition. On the other hand it will be able to stand up for itself against basic stunties and has the interesting effect that the linemen can push over big guys. So the power to vandalise big guys comes hand in hand with the power to be vandalised by big guys and stunties alike. Giving them the right move and positionals would be the key. I just think it might be really fluffy for daemons since they are insubstantial (hence get knocked down or forced back) but can exert suprising power (hence daunt). The team would then be about mavuevering and positioning to create assists.

If you want to get the team approved and avoid flame then chose something else though (FA is very nice).

boruppeter

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2007 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The now proposed Mephits team (not SillySod's teams) look really nice. If that race ever becomes eligible in the Stunty Leeg, I will definitely play some...
blizzt95

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2007 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I was just letting my mind run wild there, not really looking at costs so much as the idea of Str1 dauntless with PH access. Heh. That'd be nuts. Strength 1 dauntless with claw/rsc? G'night mino.

Further thoughts (feel free to comment):

-- Change the price of regular mephits to 50k as well, since they have FA and Right Stuff.

-- Regen on smoke mephits? Yes/no?

-- What about a necromancer as the head coach? IE, if an opposing player dies, it can be raised as a regular mephit, like a zombie would be?

-- This maybe WAY overpowered, but a nice thought. Let the smoke mephits keep horns, gain dauntless, no regeneration, and lose the PH ability?

Last edited by blizzt95 on %b %29, %2007 - %17:%Nov; edited 2 times in total
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2007 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

blizzt95 wrote:
Yeah I was just letting my mind run wild there, not really looking at costs so much as the idea of Str1 dauntless with PH access. Heh. That'd be nuts. Strength 1 dauntless with claw/rsc? G'night mino.

Oooooh, the more I think about it the more I like it. Twisted Evil

You'd be spoilt for choice on doubles though, some guard would be essential (possibly as a positional). Hypno gaze could be a funky positional (as with fairies).

To maintain a successful team you'd need to consider (assuming two players with general access) skills on your normal people like block, tackle, guard, horns, ball skills as well as the obvious claws.

Minos going splat would make my day though, I must confess.

Edit: I currently plan to steal your fluff and make a team suggestion myself, any mention of this (pure daunt team) will now go in a new thread however, and dosent need to be discussed here (by anybody).

Jump to: