18 coaches online • Server time: 01:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Freelancer2

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2006 - 07:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Unable to load resource: http://fumbbl.com/JBBLaunch.jar

someone help me with htis problem. please
Smokey

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2006 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd guess this is a JAVA problem but please note that I'm having a similar problem in launching the client. I've pasted the majority of an email I sent to Support below. If anyone has any insight as to how I might get the application launched, get out on the pitch and start kicking tail please let me know. I'm techno challenged and am hoping the answer to my problems is an obvious one. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give.

Greg

Quote:
I've run across an application issue every time I try to launch a game against a live opponent. I'm a longtime player of tabletop Blood Bowl and was very enthused to come upon your Blood Bowl application. It's tough to get a tabletop game going these days and as an ardent fan your software seemed the perfect solution.

I've read and reread the User Guide and followed the instructions there in downloading the Java software, BB launcher software & chat software. Finding players for matches is quite simple through the chat but actually launching the game is where I run into problems. Whether I host or join a game as client I find an "Unable to launch the Specified Application" error in windows greeting my every attempt at launching a game. I've attached a Word document containing several screenshots of the exact error.

Please note that I'm able to launch the game from my BB file in 'Stand Alone' mode using the supplied teams (Gouged Eye, Reikland Reavers, etc.). While this is fun and good practice I'm itching to play a human opponent!

My Windows knowledge is poor, admittedly, but I can only guess that the problem lies not in my downloading the software but perhaps in it's location (Program Files) or in the path the launcher takes in attempting to find it. With the many users FUMBBL has had since it's inception I'm hoping another user has encountered a similar problem and that it is a known issue.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2006 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

For freelancer2, my guess is that java is not adequately installed. Check the user guide.

For Smokey, I'd say it's a question of configuring your jnlp settings. .jnlp files should open with javaws.exe - you can set this using My Computer (tools, folder options, file types) if you're on Windows. You can open the file manually, which means that you can easily load the game manually when playing a human opponent (just switch tabs to 'net client' or 'net server' as appropriate) since you're not actually require to launch the game using the site buttons. Those buttons are only there to facilitate the experience, and useful as they are I'e often cursed Christer for coding them since they give the support guys so much more work. :p

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2006 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
For Smokey, I'd say it's a question of configuring your jnlp settings. .jnlp files should open with javaws.exe - you can set this using My Computer (tools, folder options, file types) if you're on Windows. You can open the file manually, which means that you can easily load the game manually when playing a human opponent (just switch tabs to 'net client' or 'net server' as appropriate) since you're not actually require to launch the game using the site buttons. Those buttons are only there to facilitate the experience, and useful as they are I'e often cursed Christer for coding them since they give the support guys so much more work. :p

Brilliant! Thanks Mezir! I'll give the configure a go tonight and will test connecting directly from the client as well. Just to be sure host is fumbbl.com, port is 8081, & proxy is as the server sets it- correct?

Greg
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2006 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Correct.

As I said, if you can play stand-alone, it means you can open the application manually, meaning you can play against other people by opening the game manually and switching to the client tab and filling out the fields.

See also this page from the User Guide.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2006 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

As I said, if you can play stand-alone, it means you can open the application manually, meaning you can play against other people by opening the game manually and switching to the client tab and filling out the fields.

Got it. Thanks again for the help. I'm jazzed to get home tonight and finally get on the pitch with a human player.
Freelancer2

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2006 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

hey! this is my thread!
 Jump to: