15 coaches online • Server time: 09:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nehver

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2006 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

5 Stars League, Season 6 will be starting soon!!!

New teams will enter the waiting list and play in The Abyss, until they enter the divisions.

Create your teams and apply for membership at the League page:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1657.
After you submit your team, post here so we know who applied first.

For those that don't know, the 5 Stars League is about teams with only 5 players.

Teams have to be official LRB rosters, unranked division. To create a team for this league, simply create an "Unranked" division team by the normal rules. Once approved, trim the team down to five players. You are only allowed to have 5 players on your roster upon application!

You can find more info at the League page.

Those that apply for membership now, will not enter the divisions, They will be put in the waiting list and play as much as they want in The Abyss which is an open round robin tournament.
We need ONLY really reliable coaches. If you think that when you will enter the divisions, you will not be able to complete your games in time, please don't apply for membership.
Be prepered to play most games in europian times because most coaches are from europe.

Also, use this forum for general questions,
reporting problems,
and general trash talking!

And the most important rule....... HAVE FUN!!!
Nehver

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2006 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been reading people's suggestions from last season, and I may go back to doing something I used to do in the early stages of this league. At end of season, instead of teams automatically advancing, or droping, into new divisions... I used to have playoff games between the possible division changing teams, to decide the seeding for the following season. Hence. just becuse you placed first in the lowest division, you still have to beat the last place team in the higher division in a playoff game to take their spot. I'm thinking of re-introducing this rule for season 6. What do the coaches think?
-Nehver
nkelsch

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2006 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I am a newbie who applied for membership. I am going to take the Undead for a run.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=230857

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2006 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, we used to have top four up, bottom four down... Why not make the top and bottom two as definites, but have playoffs between the 3rd and 4th (in the higher and lower leagues) to fight for the position. Would seem wrong for someone to win a division but not get promoted.

(Brad Osberg)
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jan 22, 2006 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Nehver, welcome back!

Please notice that my Necro 5 Stars will keep playing, and the Ogres will stay in Abyss if you decide to keep it.
Nehver

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Aconite,
Good suggestion, and one I was already toying around with. I like to get feedback from coaches before I change rules, seeing that is is everyone's league, not just the founder's Wink But yes, I had thought of that idea and was waiting to see what other's input was. I'm swaying toward that idea, unless the majority of coaches are against it.

Arcon,
Teams noted. I've never been in the abyss league, nor have I payed it much attention since I got back. Are alot of coaches into it? You guys want to keep it, no problem. But if nobodys really that serious about it... I'll leave it up to you guys.

Nkelsch,
We always welcome newbies. As soon as I get this season's division lineup from Cap, I'll see where your new team will fit in. I'll have to see if there is an open slot in the Asteroid division for new teams, or if you'll be on the waiting list. Perhaps I will keep the Abyss around so even those on the waiting list can get a few games in.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Aconite wrote:
Well, we used to have top four up, bottom four down... Why not make the top and bottom two as definites, but have playoffs between the 3rd and 4th (in the higher and lower leagues) to fight for the position. Would seem wrong for someone to win a division but not get promoted.

Sounds like a good suggestion to me as well.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

there are changes? What are they? it's not 4 teams up anymore?

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Nehver, my Skaven would like to stay in the league, especially after ending season 5 second in Asteroid 2 after two only games.

I second the idea of Aconite, champions should be rewarded indeed.

And what are the rules on the number of teams? I would like to have another 5 star team, since they are this much fun! I recon you can't have two teams in the same devision. But if my skaven team ascends to meteor, I can prefectly make a new team for asteroid again.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

El_Jairo wrote:
And what are the rules on the number of teams? I would like to have another 5 star team, since they are this much fun! I recon you can't have two teams in the same devision. But if my skaven team ascends to meteor, I can prefectly make a new team for asteroid again.

That has been forbidden (is forbidden now). And it also makes sense, because it´ll always cause problems if your teams would enter the same division for upcoming season. You had to take one out, replacements have to be done, the 5th, instead of going down goes up maybe etc.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Aconite wrote:

Did you mean this:

Division A

#1 Stays (highest div)
#2 Stays (highest div)
#3 Stays (highest div)
#4 Stays (highest div)
#5 Qualifies with Div B #4 (Down?)
#6 Qualifies with Div B #3 (Down?)
#7 Down
#8 Down

Division B

#1 Up
#2 Up
#3 Qualifies with Div A #6 (Up?)
#4 Qualifies with Div A #5 (Up?)
#5 Qualifies with Div C (Down?)
#6 Qualifies with Div C (Down?)
#7 Down
#8 Down

etc.
G_Force

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumies wrote:
Aconite wrote:

Did you mean this:

Division A

#1 Stays (highest div)
#2 Stays (highest div)
#3 Stays (highest div)
#4 Stays (highest div)
#5 Qualifies with Div B #4 (Down?)
#6 Qualifies with Div B #3 (Down?)
#7 Down
#8 Down

Division B

#1 Up
#2 Up
#3 Qualifies with Div A #6 (Up?)
#4 Qualifies with Div A #5 (Up?)
#5 Qualifies with Div C (Down?)
#6 Qualifies with Div C (Down?)
#7 Down
#8 Down

etc.

That is how i was reading what he meant i agree with it whole heartedly.

Welcome back Nehver glad to see you seemlessly take the reigns back with cap stepping down anyway. Thanks Captain for running this great eague in the absence of Nehver.

Aconite

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2006 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, that's what I was saying.

Welcome back Nehver!

(Brad Osberg)
Nehver

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2006 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay it seems everybody likes the Ascending/Descending rule with playoffs.
So in any one division, the top four teams will have a possibility of advanceing to a higher division. First and second place teams from the lower division defiantely go up. Third and fourth will have a playoff game with 5th and 6th from the higher division for a chance to advance, and seventh and eigth from the higher division will definately drop to the lower. Sounds confusing, but it is just like Karhumies mapped it out. THanks for the input guys.
-Nehver
G_Force

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2006 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I take it the new rules start from Season 6 onwards?

Is it decided yet when is the new season to start?

Jump to: