23 coaches online • Server time: 01:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gken1

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the 4 minute rule on turns should be enforced on fumbbl. after enduring a couple opponents who reached 5 minutes more than once in a match it's just frustrating to watch.

It is an official rule and since the client does all the rolls for you it shouldn't be an issue.

I think the typical fumbbl player I've played against takes about 2minutes a turn, so for most of the community it wouldn't be a problem.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Yet - it has still been discussed to death why this will not be implemented: lag, people not accepting the fact that sometimes the opponent might have an emergency situation on his hands and many other things that can be found by a search in the forums.

I have only encountered a few instances where my opponant consistently violated the 4 min rule (averaging 7 mintues per turn if it didn't end sooner in a turnover and I'm pretty certain he wasn't trying to force me into a concession). As you say the vast majority don't spend excessive time on their turns and as such I don't really consider the pros counter the cons enough for this to be implemented.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that forum searching before posting should be enforced on fumbbl. Wink

Seriously, m8, the most recent thread is MAYBE two-weeks old. Not a lot left to add to the discussion.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

thats a very very good idea imo Smile

Edit: make that the 3 min rule
MistaBorgiss

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

As FUMBBL follow the LRB 2004, the four minute rule Is in the set of rules everyone has agreed upon. Tell you opponent that before th game, so he knows it. There may be times when you want to run away from the table a minute, if there is someone at the door or similar. So enforcing it would do more harm than good. Just make sure your opponent knows thta you would like him to keep the time before.
monboesen

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigh...

Is it more than a week since there was a long thread on this subject?
Curro

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The 4 minutes rule should enforce the FUMBBLers to wait more than 4 minutes to open a thread about this, since the last one was opened.
zureal

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

So the guy didn't read the last thread. What would you like to do execute him? Everyone is always repeating their same old schtick anyways.
SolomonKane

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Drown him in pie?
Meech

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Schtik is a great word....

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

i agree with ken, ive had games where i do 1.5 minue turns and the opponent does 6 minute turns, after I asked them if they play fast and they say yes! I could do other stuff, but i have the sound muted down (so I dont annoy people around me, and i dont like headphones!) so I never know when the opponents turn is finished, and Id likelty forget i was playing too and go off and do something else... then get banned! blame dyslexia for my appaling short term memory! so i kind of have to sit and wait. also, funny as it may sound, I dont like keeping my opponent waiting Laughing

lag is a common problem with this discussion... i dunno, looks kind of like a stalemate to me Sad Id like to enforce it myself, but i do remind folk thaat 4 mins is past, but that usually gets ignored!
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Curro wrote:
The 4 minutes rule should enforce the FUMBBLers to wait more than 4 minutes to open a thread about this, since the last one was opened.

I concur.

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I think nowadays the system sucks when you have to dig up all the data from your opponent, cas rate etc., all those should come back, with average turn time added.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:
i agree with ken, ive had games where i do 1.5 minue turns and the opponent does 6 minute turns, after I asked them if they play fast and they say yes! I could do other stuff, but i have the sound muted down (so I dont annoy people around me, and i dont like headphones!) so I never know when the opponents turn is finished, and Id likelty forget i was playing too and go off and do something else... then get banned! blame dyslexia for my appaling short term memory! so i kind of have to sit and wait. also, funny as it may sound, I dont like keeping my opponent waiting Laughing

lag is a common problem with this discussion... i dunno, looks kind of like a stalemate to me Sad Id like to enforce it myself, but i do remind folk thaat 4 mins is past, but that usually gets ignored!

To be honest this is one of the few reasons why I usually avoid low CR coaches - while there are a few high CR coaches who may spend a long time on turns and some of the fastest coaches are among the low CR, you are far more likely to run into whiners, disconnecters and slow coaches at low CR. At least that's my experience and it may differ from other people's. If I know a low CR to be able, not too slow and a fair guy I'm of course always willing to get a game going.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2006 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:
To be honest this is one of the few reasons why I usually avoid low CR coaches - while there are a few high CR coaches who may spend a long time on turns and some of the fastest coaches are among the low CR, you are far more likely to run into whiners, disconnecters and slow coaches at low CR. At least that's my experience and it may differ from other people's. If I know a low CR to be able, not too slow and a fair guy I'm of course always willing to get a game going.

Yes, it rarely pays off to cherrypick if you're afraid of quick games.

Jump to: