27 coaches online • Server time: 01:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
seouledout

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The Imperial Humanist League is recruiting for its inaugural season.

I hope to see you there!

(Note: Coaches located in the Western US or Canada preferred, but not required. Makes scheduling easier.)
seouledout

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

No interest in this?
Coach_Lo

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

not much

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 06:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach_Lo wrote:
not much

"I like the blood, let me see the blood." - says Coach_Lo

I'm thinking you're not the kind of player we're looking for anyhow, so no surprise there... *^^*
Coach_Lo

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 07:10 Reply with quote Back to top

They had a league called pillow fight here on fumbbl.
Some of the boys downunder ran it for a while. You might look into it.

Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

No offence, but that leauge will not get any members =) it's totally pointless and unfun. No fouling, no star players, no big guys. Good luck!
seouledout

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 07:35 Reply with quote Back to top

It sounds fun to me. We'll see. Ya might be right though.
Webbe

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

one race leagues are very boring and never survive
seouledout

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 09:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Webbe wrote:

Why are they boring?

Aside from only having one race in the league, it seems to me that having all one race (and it not being one where everyone scores in one turn or beats the hell out of each other on every turn) would create more strategic play.

I just really enjoy playing Humans. I find it fun to play friendly (read - not fouling my opponent into oblivion). SO.... I made this league.

I seem to be getting a lot of posts back with the equivalent message of "This will never work." If that's the case, tell me why and I can look into making improvements.
seouledout

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

We have a couple teams now, but we still need more.

Join the IHL!
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I LOVE humans. I LOVE coaching them. I LOVE proving to people who think humans are the worst of both worlds, that they are stupid. I have no real interest in playing against other humans only (though of all race, they and Undead are the only ones I'd consider playing in a one-race league).

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Inquisitors would have joined, but it seems your league is highly incompatible on many levels.

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

seouledout wrote:
Webbe wrote:

Why are they boring?

Aside from only having one race in the league, it seems to me that having all one race (and it not being one where everyone scores in one turn or beats the hell out of each other on every turn) would create more strategic play.

I just really enjoy playing Humans. I find it fun to play friendly (read - not fouling my opponent into oblivion). SO.... I made this league.

I seem to be getting a lot of posts back with the equivalent message of "This will never work." If that's the case, tell me why and I can look into making improvements.

The fact is that same race games rarely tend to be very interesting - it often boils down to luck on injury rolls far more than any other racial match-up. On top of it you'll basically be facing the same teams over and over again with minor variation as every team will be geared towards facing other humans and as such will be picking basically the same skills.

Quote:
find it fun to play friendly (read - not fouling my opponent into oblivion).

And I know many people who only play for fun with friends who enjoy nothing more than fouling each other into oblivion - in fact you'll often find that this is one of the aspects enjoyed alot by close friends Smile
kant

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

In general it could have been a good idea an all-human league...(if i remember well something similar has already been tried in the past..)
IMHO what's wrong it's the "taste" you gave it...i'm sure it's not you intent, but it seems a soft league for cherrypicker...

more...no fouls?? why no fouls?
MiBasse

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

kant wrote:
In general it could have been a good idea an all-human league...(if i remember well something similar has already been tried in the past..)
IMHO what's wrong it's the "taste" you gave it...i'm sure it's not you intent, but it seems a soft league for cherrypicker...

more...no fouls?? why no fouls?

I think that's already been explained.
 Jump to: