24 coaches online • Server time: 04:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2006 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Banter and match reports can go in here!
Meetgrinder

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2006 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a hint for those who never played <11 player bloodbowl before.

As usual , money is nice - you can replace lost players etc, BUT it really nails you - hard - with the Handicaps.

Game before last I had "greatest" which meant 6 players, missing one of my two best.

Last game I had "Iron Man" (for other side and ... Morleys Revenge.

This nailed me something rotten.

I was missing players all game, at one point fielding 3 from a kickoff with the rest sat about in the dugout (I'd had one sent off for fouling, but it was worth it as my blocks weren't working - kinda like everything else actually).

So when you get 250k in cash (I had it after 2 games) spend it, get rid, do whatever to trim your TR down to a level near the other teams, as it was purely cash that was depriving me of players, and any chance of winning!

(So buy rerolls and then discard them etc).

By all means save some in reserve for replacing fallen players, but you're asking for trouble to have big big cash stocks when the most players you can ever have is 7 :S

Good luck all!

If you have better luck than me in 3 out of my first 4 games, you'll do ok Smile (Or not suck as much).

Cheers

Meetgrinder
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: May 23, 2006 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, now that IS interesting. No elf teams in the 7s final....So much for all the critics predicting this will just be elf bowl.

The humans are holding their own, but the bashy semi could be one to watch, chaos and dwarves competing for the privilage of playing Khemri....

I look forward to these matches Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 23, 2006 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

In an off-season match awaiting the new season, Cuddles was unfortunately killed in a freak block when playing another chaos team. The apothecary failed to save him.
Absurd

Post   Posted: May 23, 2006 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Life Is Killing Us win the inaugural BB7s playoffs.

Today saw the semi-final, played in freezing conditions against a though chaos team Worst Transfers EVER!!! An early heroic blitz halted the chaos' offence and the team then went to work on the chaos boys, removing them from the pitch steadily ending the half at 0-0. Outnumbering the chaos players, the Khemri, marched up the fiels with the ball to score on the final turn.

Having won their place in the final, and with better weather conditions, the Khemri were really pumped up. Ptah the team's agile skeleton, who seemed to have become even more agile stayed with the team despite being scouted and drafted to the majors. In the final itself, the humans, Septet of Sinners had some injury problems from the start and some clumsy blocking by the Khemri players led to a 1-0 lead against the offence for the humans. The Khemri recovered their composure and then set to work on the already depleted human team, evening the score going into the half and having a somehwat comfortable seconf half, despite some brave attempts at blitzes by the two remaining human players. Life Is Killing Us had a somewhat indeiferent season but seems they saved their best for the playoffs.
Absurd

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems that the inevitable post-tournament slide has happened for Life Is Killing Us. Khnum was suffering from his fractured bones and missed the first match since winning the playoffs. Against High Elves, this is not a good thing, being outnumbered. Their blocks lacked the venom and power they achieved during the playoffs too. Only one bright moment for the team hapened when Ma'at completed a long pass to Horus who ran the ball in for the TD. The scouts were still observing the team, and Horus has been called up to the majors. The team is now in a transition phase of rebilding after their success.
Panda_

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah, this is not bloodbowl !

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Life Is Killing Us lost another of its playoff winning team in a game against Buzzing Boys A freak incident occurred when Amun
went to secure the safety of the ball carrier only to get it completely wrong, going in head-first with his block and ending up leaving it on the floor whilst the rest of him slid past the norse player and promptly falling to pieces.
Absurd

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

In Another game for Life Is Killing Us, Khnum, the brightest star in the team has been drafted. He leaves the team in a weakened state but he deserves his chance in the majors.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

panda_... we follow these GW rules as far as we can, they were intended for addition to the main LRB some years ago, so the arguement that this is the same as 1v1 and 4v4 etc holds no water with me!

1) no rerolls allowed, less reliable players
2) positional limits halved, no 4 DE blitzers for me!
3) Drafting roughly equates to (if you age, your player gets drafted and leaves your roster, period, ensuring a lot of player turnover, 2.7% of legends will not be drafted)
4) Set schedule meaning that you cant play the same team again and again and again
5) Hundreds of games have been played, and the top star has 126 SPP, go figure, no 1000SPP monsters here Wink

have a wee look at the league rules and you might see that this is pretty good and not overpowered gaming Wink
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: May 26, 2006 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Excuse me

*dances*

HE GOT DRAFTED!!!

Greed, take a hint...

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2006 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Wasted Youth's long-standing team captain, Txxmqt4fd the Unpronounceable has been signed up by the majors, after a sparkling and bloody display against the Coney Island Warriors where he managed a completed pass and two casualties, including one death. May Nuffle and the Chaos Powers be with him.
Absurd

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2006 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

A much feared player in the BB7s league has finally been called up to the major leagues. Osiris took a while to get going but soon began to move up the top 10 lits of blockers in the league was racing away with the casulatied causing 3 in his final game for Life Is Killing us. He leaves just two of the remaining players who won the last playoffs. This season doesn't look good for their chances to retain the title, but will be a transtional phase. In an interview to Osiris when asked about his chances in the mjors, the reply cam "Ugggghhh....smash players...mhmm"

Quite.
Absurd

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2006 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

A truly notorious player's career has ended. Seth was finally slain in a game against the feared team, the Mead Town Terrors. He never made it to the majors but his legend will live on anyway.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2006 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

oh man!
 Jump to: