13 coaches online • Server time: 05:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 04:17 Reply with quote Back to top

so.... who should we have out of the group!

this may be good for reference...
http://www.ballyreaghsilver.co.uk/BB7s/top10.xml

list your 7 players (dont need to be in the HOF) and ill count votes and put them here when im on!)
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 10:42 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, to start... im taking high spp guys firstly...

Sioned Evans
Greed
The Evil Witch from Hell (a.k.a. my ex-wife)
Meredydd Evans
Pride
Teobaldo Ira
Seth

Last edited by SnakeSanders on %b %16, %2006 - %10:%May; edited 1 time in total
Absurd

Post 12 Posted: May 16, 2006 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't want to sound egotistical but...it wouldn't be an allstars without the top star Sioned Evans.

Anyway, her's my provisional 7:

Sioned Evans
Greed (bonus of haveing a Leder there)
Fear
Teobaldo Ira
Seth
Dirro (not in Hof, runner with the Mead Town Terrors)
Pheel

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Have to give Captain Pugwash a look, speed merchant and with the strip ball does well on the blitz.

but here goes

Captain Pugwash
The Evil Witch from Hell (a.k.a. my ex-wife) Both jump up blitzers
Matthew for those 1 turn tds
Fear another speedy blitzer type
Cussitor backfield commander
Gorak not too slow and can hit pretty well
Sioned Evans have to put in the leading spp man dont you
righter

Post   Posted: May 16, 2006 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

My picks.... Mostly just for variety.....

Fear
Teobaldo Ira
Dirro
Osiris
Baaamy
Larry
tadgoraucymru

Post   Posted: May 17, 2006 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok here's mine

Evil Witch From Hell - jump up fast blitzer
Greed - for his leadership and supporting catcher
Matthew - strong 1 turn runner/catcher
Seth - sure up the line and clear players from the field
Gorobei Kotagama - pass out of the back
Captain Pugwash - free up the ball for collection by rest of team

I would have had my own Logan over Matthew coz of the side step and blodge, still a one turner but no sure feet so less reliable, and Cussitor over Gorobai coz NOS and Safe Throw with Dump off he can draw tacklers in before releasing the ball.

But they're mine so I didn't vote for them.[/url]
seouledout

Post   Posted: May 17, 2006 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Only one player in mind for me...

TEOBALDO! TEOBALDO!

I may be biased though.
seouledout

Post   Posted: May 17, 2006 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Since only one other person mentioned him, I better say that Cussitor also seems like a good candidate for the team.

He might fall down easily, but he will never miss a pass. (Unless the die result is a 'one'.)
Doc

Post   Posted: May 17, 2006 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

All-star teams take players at each position, so without looking at the names or coaches, I would vote for the top Passer, 2 top scorers, 2 top blockers, top MVP (as fan vote), and top remaining star.
Pheel

Post   Posted: May 17, 2006 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Seaman Sail Humper now comes with sprint aswell, so a bit more usefull
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: May 17, 2006 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Would it be a Khrime for me to plug my thrower?
Frankencow

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Frankencow's All Star VII

I tried with this team to resist the urge to name the top SPP earners, and deliberately haven't read the other opinions first (I may make changes after I do so). I have determined what I felt were the positional requirements for the best sevens team, and picked accordingly. Therefore, players who hit better than Chaos Warriors but lack the
natural traits such as high strength and armour, may have lost out. I did, however, make as criteria being in the top 10s lists.

Thrower:
Meredydd Evans (Seven Evans)

Evans gets in ahead of Gorobei Katayama (Seventh Samurai), who has identical traits except Dump Off instead of Accurate. I picked both ahead of Heinous Khrime (Sinsational Seven), who has the extra agility with AG5. I figured Sure Hands were more important in a no RR league, and the AG5 advantage was negated by Accurate for Evans. As for Cussitor (Melrose Malcontents), I likewise wanted Sure Hands and Dump Off doesn't impress me heaps.

Three LOS:
Seth (Life Is Killing Us)
Juan Seba Veron (Worst Transfers EVER!!!)
Cuddles (Wasted Youth)

Probably the least deserving players (SPP-wise) to get a birth. These guys largely got in on physical attributes. Juan Seba Veron and Cuddles are identical, with Block, Tackle MB. Seth lacks Tackle, which was a reason to drop him, but there's no other ST5 players. At least he'll lend assists with Guard, and has Block, MB, but Tackle would have been nice, as his main function should be bogging down lesser strength opponents. The two Chaos Warriors also have the advantage of being MA5, which probably gave them the edge over Hadadi (Mead Town Terrors).

One Blitzer:
Teobaldo Ira (Septet of Sinners)

The standout blitzer, with Block, Guard, MB, Tackle and ST4. Only thing he could have had extra was Strip Ball.

One all-round scorer/blitzer:
Greed (Black Seven Sins)

In my opinion, the hardest to pick and position for the best player in the team. This was picked for the ability to score as well as Blitz. The Leader RR sealed it. Greed is a top scorer, and Tackle convinced me he could Blitz well enough. Pride (Seven Rats) left out because of ST3 and niggling injury. Likewise, though I really wanted a Wardancer, Captain Pugwash (Seven Sadistic Sailors) didn't get a berth (niggler). Also unlucky was The Evil Witch from Hell (a.k.a. my ex-wife) (Sinsational Seven), who was left out because I thought of her more of a striker than a scorer. The unluckiest was probably Sioned Evans (Seven Evans), the top SPP earner, who I felt was not quite as good as Greed.

One pure scorer:
Matthew (Shine Jesus Shine)

I couldn't go past the one turner in the scorer's spot. Whether in the spirit of the game or not, I picked this team to give the coach the best chance of winning. Does need Dodge, but possesses great speed eve when not one-turning, and has RRs for Going For It and Catching.

So there they are. Picked purely to win, because I thought they went together the best. As I said, ST3 counted against some hitters, so big guys probably got in a bit easier. Admittedly not the best seven players in th league. I think that would have to go from SPP. I have biased them in favour of having RRs, which is a feature peculiar to sevens. They also have four players with ST4 or more and MB, as clearing the park is as important as scoring. Feel free to criticise. Smile Hey, at least I didn't get a dirty player, lol. It is totally not deliberate, but nice anyway, that all players are from different teams.

- Frankencow ("The Cattle Train")

Last edited by Frankencow on %b %19, %2006 - %17:%May; edited 1 time in total
Dezbad1

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I am trying to stick to the team rules, 2 catchers 1 passer, 1 blitzer and 3 linemen

1) Matthew (c)-(CATCHER)-Has to be in all teams because he is a 1 turner and u cant stop him. Does not drop the ball!
2) Sioned Evans - (CATCHER)- Sure hands and Sure feet
3) The Evil Witch from hell (Blitzer)- the slag can play
4) Meredydd Evans (PASSER)-Best of the passers and good friends with ex SJS Star player Luke (drafted to the pro league)
5) Winston Bogarde (LINEMAN)-Skilled-has mighty blow and on the blitz with ST4
6) TeoBaldo ira-(LINEMAN)Str 4 on the line of scrimmage-too good to ignore
7) Captain Pugwash-(LINEMAN) BADLY needs sure feet and side step but the boy can leap and Strip ball and has pace. Causes problems at scrimmage.

Its tricky but i think this team has everything
tadgoraucymru

Post   Posted: May 20, 2006 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I bang in a shameless plug for my catcher Logan.

In the hall of fame he has the highest SPP/game average and the highest TD/game average. I reckon that makes him pretty special.

(I'd still pick Matthew over him though)
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 20, 2006 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

very nice list frankencow! once playoffs finish, we can do a list of the drafted stars and I can host some rosters and we can have an allstar match, i might even be able to host the replay of it too Wink Wink
 Jump to: