52 coaches online • Server time: 18:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kaz

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2003 - 06:10 Reply with quote Back to top

After 2 months of battling the errors I recive, I am asking for help from the general public.

At the end of any non-standalone game, (Anything over the net) my
computer spews back a trio of errors.
First: "Missing "endGame.tpl" file. Cannot create game results file."
then it goes to what should be the results screen and says:
"Could no export HTML roster because "roster.tpl" template file is missing."
and then:
"Error writing .zip file:Java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\results\TeamvsTeam.zip (The system cannot find the path specified)"

Results wind up somewhere in my C:\windows\system folder instead of the C:\bbowl\results where they should. The only files created are .RES and .XML

I have discussed this problem with both SkiJunkie (over E-mail) and Christer (on IRC) and still no results, so I want to see if anyone else has had a similar problem or has suggestions to fix it.

I have attempted the following already:

Reinstalling JBB
Reinstalling JRE (currently using 1.3.1)
Updating Windows
starting the program from DOS, with shortcut, and directly from the JAR file
Yelling at my Computer.

Any help would be appreicated
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2003 - 06:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, first suggestion is to make sure you have those .tpl files in your bloodbowl folder. They come with the full install, and if you deleted them in the process of updating, then that's probably where your trouble comes from.
Kaz

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2003 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I have the .tpl files in the bloodbowl folder, the errors still occur, I tried putting them in the system folder and doing a game, after which I get the .HTML files fine, but still get no .ZIP file and am compensated with a new error:

Error writing zip file

Java.lang.nullPointerException
Anchorhead

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2003 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I had all kinds of problems that cleared up once I got a new NIC card. I went to Best Buy and bought the D-Link DFE-530TX based on another coach who was having problems, it only costs $10 and it fixed all my problems and his. Since you can play stand alone games and not network games maybe this could do the trick.

voodoo
Iolo

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2003 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

You may have the Hybrid worm it sets the defult dir to c:\windows\system so you cannot get a .zip because BB is looking in c:\windows\system to fix this get PC-cillin 2002.

You can get this worm by downloading files from the internet

Iolo_Mageflame
 Jump to: