33 coaches online • Server time: 10:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2006 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The tournament has begun! This is where you can bask in the glory of your victories, laugh at your opponent's weakness, trashtalk, taunt, and complain about getting diceraped.

The tournament begins...now!
The tournament ends on July 31st.

Remember, look for your games in the chat channel #LMS. The format is Open Round Robin, so you can play other teams in any order you want, but you must try and play all other teams. No dropouts, please, it was very hard to deal with them last time.

Good luck,
Woodpecker, LMS Founder and Admin
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2006 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

My first game of the tournament was a good warmup for "Forced to Desparate Measures". Playing against an unexpectedly good Skyre team (they knocked off some Orcs 2-1 before our game), we came through perfectly. We scored the max 6 points, suffered no injuries worse than a KO, and killed one of the opposing players and niggled another.
The Skyre just can't handle the big leagues, it seems. But they are a fun team, and we'll be rooting for them to bump off some more Orcs in the future.
Sox

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2006 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the first matchup for Ogres'r'us was against the high elves of the Rustwood rejects, and after a match with serious injuries galore they may live to their name in their next match. Obviously the ref was scared of the ogres but the fans certainly werent! Only one BH to a gobbo, against 4SI and 1 BH to the elves. Still no skills tho, as the whole team participated evenly Smile looking forward to the next elf swatting Smile
G_Force

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2006 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I had no complaintslast night when there was only EdgeDante in #LMS for me to challenge. It was no skin off my nose for the Lizards to take on Gnomes in their Opening Game. In fact the team left the pitch with a little extra skin an covered in blood. It was reported in the local rag that "Am I Bothered?" the team Kroxigor was seen exiting the stadium wearing a gnome hat (at least it wa on his head) and picking his teeth with what could only have been part of a cannon.

With the lizards receiving the first kick they were able to smother the bombers and halt the main part of any gnomish offense. Early Cas and a sharp sited ref meant that any chances of a come back from 1-0 down were thwarted. Despit this EdgeDante played with heart and a smile (at least in the chat).

Watch out folks, the gnomes will be looking to regain some respect in their next game.

Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2006 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

"Desparate Measures'" second game of the tournament was another walloping in favor of the boys. But this time, the victim wasn't a weak stunty team but a dirty, violent Dwarf team. However, their fouling tactics didn't pay off, and they lost three players on non-eye fouls in the first half. I lucked out, as my fans beat the hell out of the ref right before the game started, which, coupled with some POWs, resulted in the niggling of a Troll Slayer and the flat-out muder of a Longbeard. After all this, my opponent was no match for the speed of my catchers, and we cruised for the 3-0 win. Another 6 points in the bag. However, they came at a price, as, late in the game, the Dwarves managed to MNG an elf lino. Then they continued on to my Dragon Warrior, who rolled a skull when trying to bring down a longbeard, and payed with his life!
Overall, a good game. The injuries will hurt us, especially the death of one of our key players, but the dwarves were hurt worse then us, so we're happy. Only 11 more games to go. At this rate, I'll have 4 living, injured players at the end of the season...

Only two teams have yet to play a game, and over half have played two. Well done guys, the tournament's flying. Remeber to join #LMS when you're in chat.
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2006 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Well well.. Those Rustwood Rejects (High Elves) who got beaten by Ogres showed some spirit in a game against G_Force's Lizzies.

There was only 7 elves healthy, but with the very first elven block from the Dragon Warrior, a poor Saurus was killed!

The game ended 3-1 for lizzies, but it could've been tighter. In the 2nd half the ball was loose, but I messed up and blocked a Skink. I thought it was 2db, but didn't look any closer and Guard from another player made it just 1db. And skull of course. Should look a little more on those.

And then I got a good streak for 4 turns. No rerolls, rolls were double skulls, 1, 2 (3+ roll needed), skull. 4 turnovers. Although that might have saved my elves, as they couldn't get up due to turnovers.

But it was a fun game, and lizzies really played with some other things in mind. Not a single cas, few ko's, and that's all.

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2006 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

The Ember Forge Bad News really handed it to their cousins, the Short Endurance in a tough bloody match-up.

Handicap for the Chaos Dwarfs was I am the greatest, which kept a star dwarf blitzer on the game the entire bench (and who probably smirked at his compatriots eventual fate!)

The Bad News started with the ball and with a couple of blitzes their hobgoblins scores a 2 turn TD. The Short Endurance began a typical dwarf game, caging it up the middle. In the eventual scrum a Chaos Dwarf was badly hurt with a foul. Bad New's minotaur Razorhoof Manmangler was on top of his game today, blithely making a 8+ dodge roll and once the ball was finally popped lose, an 8+ catch roll. Thus ended the half with a couple of half-hearted fouls thrown in.

Second half saw the Short Endurance with the ball. They promptly crowd-surfed a Chaos Dwarf to a MNG. In the long scrum to come, Razorhoof badly hurt a line-dwarf. Again the Bull Centaurs were able to blitz the ball loose (check luck out in this game!) and the hobbos completed another passing play to make it 2-0.

The last turns saw Razorhoof blitz strength 4, 16 spp Dwarf Blitzer Turin Oakenshield to death. The ball popped lose again and Razorhoof casually made another 8+ roll to snag the ball. The dwarfs swarmed with a vengeance, setting up huge fouls with many assists, but were only able to stun the downed Minotaur.

Dice were hot for me on armor rolls. Not for Ameranth. Only 3 KO's only hobgoblins on many many armor rolls.
 Jump to: