45 coaches online • Server time: 11:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post TSC Draftgoto Post 4,000TV!goto Post IBA Draft League
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Stampy

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2006 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The finishing touches are being added to TRUBBL. Before the competition goes live i'd like to recruit a few "Staff" members to help with the day to day running of things.

There are 3 area's i'm currently looking for assistance with

League Administration -Would like 2 Administrators to help with the day to day issues that crop up.

Fluff Co-ordination - A Fluff Moderator to bring spice and roleplay excitement to the fluff thread.

I'd also like some ideas and advice relating to the structure of the various tournaments TRUBBL will be hosting over the next year.

If you think you can help out in any way don't hesitate to send me a PM

I must stress, all the information on the group page is in the preliminary design stage. Everything is subject to change based on the feedback I hope to receive shortly!

Thanks Guys!

Last edited by Stampy on %b %22, %2006 - %21:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Stealman

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2006 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Stampy TRUBBL sounds great. I just applied with my skaven team.
If you need help just say it to me and I will help you
Stampy

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2006 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Great, looks like we may have hit the ground running.

A major concern at the moment is defining a tournament structure that'll keep things sharp exciting and simple.
My initial thought (which i've subsequently discarded) was a 12 month season split into 5 periods which employed a cumulative points system where I had to manually update the scores. obviously this is long winded and prone to failure.

Would a 2 month season followed by a choice of two or three monthly tournaments be more appealing?
Stealman

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2006 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a 2 months season is better than a 12 months. One season over one whole year is very, very long. 2 months sounds better in comparison with 1 year.
2 or 3 monthly tournaments also sounds good. You have a big variety on which tournament you wanna play.

I've got an idea: We could create an own channel in chat #TRUBBL for example. Then it's easier to arrange games
Stampy

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2006 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The plan is to host lots of unique and varied tournaments. Depending on interest i'd like to run several tournaments between seasons, again, players aren't forced to join any tournament or play any game they don't want to.

I'll edit the group page to reflect the changes. I think running the Grand Finale every 5 seasons is still a good idea.
Xenon

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2006 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

My Ogres would like to join this group Wink
Great Idea Stampy

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=246342
Stealman

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2006 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

So you wanna run the season everyone vs everyone 2 months and then the players can choose if they want to play in a tourney, but they don't have to. That's the same thing I thought about and I like it. I also have a team in the NL and there are only tournaments in which you can apply but there isn't a season between tourneys. The season makes TRUBBL more interesting, however.
Stampy

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2006 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Absolutely.

The prospect of a league featuring rare and under represented teams is thrilling!
Stampy

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2006 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you feel a challenge system would be necessary?

Heres a brief summary of what i'm considering.

Challenge Procedures

It is possible for coaches to exclude powerful teams from the Majors and Old World national Shield by refusing to play them. To alleviate this each coach is entitled a maximum of two written challenges per season. The challenge must be given to the tournament organiser, who will obtain an official response from the challenged coach and take appropriate action. A challenged coach must make one of the following three responses within a 2 days of receiving the challenge. A team can only challenge someone within 20 TR of his own.

-Accept: A challenged coach may agree to play the match, and the two teams play the match as normal.

-Refuse: A challenged coach may refuse to play the match. In which case he loses 5 points from his seasonal points total.

-Substitute: A challenged coach may ask any other coach that is willing to take his place to play the match instead. The substitute coach must be a member of the current TRUBBL Open, and must not have played against the challenger so far. If he does this then the challenging coach must play the substitute, or count as having lost the match 0-2. Again, the substitute must be within 20 TR of the original challenger.

If we decide to implement this position i'll be looking for a further staff member to assist and act as the Challenge System Co-ordinator.
Stealman

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2006 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that challenges make the season more interesting especially the substitution of a challenge. I recommend the idea of the challenges
Stampy

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2006 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess it won't hurt to implement it for the first season.

Thanks Earbag.
 Jump to: