38 coaches online • Server time: 11:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Making Assassins mor...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NAF Charity Tourney ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DarkFalcon

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2006 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

New Skill on Orc Superstar Blitzer

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2293722

I'm pretty stumped on this one. (Block,) +MA, Tackle, Strip Ball, Mighty Blow. Normal skill roll. My choices are Guard, Shadowing, and Pass Block, and a slight possibility of Piling On.

Leaning towards Shadowing because it works well with +MA and Tackle, and I'd save Pass Block for the +AG blitzer.

The team already has 2 Guard blitzers and 3 Guard black orcs, with a rebuilt fourth and a troll on the way. Piling on seems dangerous as it makes the blitzer prone to a fouling counterattack.

Also, check out the (Pass, Sure Hands,) Block, +AG, Strong Arm, Accurate Thrower:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2233649

And the rest of the team:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=192381

Finally, I have 160k in the bank, enough to replace the -MA black orc and cover the 74 SPP blitzer if he niggles. Should I replace the BOB, especially since he has 9 SPP and is on his way to being a rugger? ; )

Thanks for any advice : )

DarkFalcon

Last edited by DarkFalcon on %b %09, %2006 - %15:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Slick

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2006 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Piling On seems like your best bet.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2006 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I would take Guard since I think you can never get enough of it for a block-intense-games playing team.

Oh and by the way, I would also sack that AV 8 BoB since you got enough money and a high TR too. And AV 9 is really one of the biggest advantages orcs have.
Fama

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2006 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say go with guard. Shadowing is not bad either - but you can NEVER have too much guard.

Edit: I'd replace the -MA BoB, but keep the av 8 - bobs are tough to skill up, and he has Block, MB, Guard - very good even with -AV.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2006 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro (even though i don't like the skill)
or Guard (never have enough of that)

I hate shadowing and prefer pass block only on +AG players. Am not too fond of piling on either. Smile
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2006 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

break tackle

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2006 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

My pick would still be guard, because I usually put that on orc blitzers.
johan

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2006 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard all the way!

There simply is no such thing as too much Guard. You say 5 Guard as if it is a lot... I think it's low. Unless you get other spectacular skill rolls, every Black Orc and Blitzer should get Guard as one of the first three skills. If you really, really don't want Guard, then Shadowing or Sure Hands are semi-decent, I guess, but far inferior.

And yes, I'd kick the BO.

/johan

Last edited by johan on %b %09, %2006 - %15:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Tophat

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2006 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say shadowing as he has +mv it can be beneficial to have a player that can do something different and hes the best to go that way . if you use him to mark catchers on defense , or if you can the thrower it gives you that extra chance of causing a tackle .
Its always good to have a few players that can do more than the expected so that you have options .
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2006 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard
grandw

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2006 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard, but its boring.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2006 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and yes, replace the MA3 BoB, the others are skilled so a Rookie in there now wouldn't be much of an issue.
Freppa

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2006 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard, and fire both bobs in due time.
johan

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2006 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't fire the -AV one until he's taken some more injuries or aged. They're so hard to train that AV 8 is quite tolerable when skilled up.

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
DarkFalcon

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2006 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed with Farma and Johan on keeping the AV 8 Black Orc. He's not really any different than the others until he gets an injury, and other than that the lower AV just means he gets stunned a few more times. Plus, Block/Guard/MB is a nice and hard-earned package, and he's a cas away from levelling again.

I think I'll replace the -MA BOB after the skill pick. Trying to think of an argument why -MA is so devestating on a line, but then again it's already been an inconvenience, and I'm close enough to starting over.

Guard for the blitzer it is. Although Shadowing is a tempting option, I just can't resist making these guys a little more formidable in knocking other players down. Thanks for the input.

DarkFalcon
 Jump to: