27 coaches online • Server time: 02:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Finishing the 60 Gam...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Borg Invasion
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HavocX

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2006 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it against the rules to tell a potential opponent (before connecting) that you will not foul them as long as they do not foul you?
lethiel

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2006 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

No but nobody has to keep their promises either.
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2006 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, it's called a pre-match agreement, and it's against site rules and will get you in big trouble if you do it.

-Edit-
Okay, you BOTH need to go take a good look at the site rules.

Last edited by Woodpecker on %b %23, %2006 - %16:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
johan

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2006 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodpecker is right, Lethiel is wrong.

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
BigMac

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2006 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

In ranked, yes it is.
Tophat

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2006 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

although your fine to write "this team dosent foul people who dont foul them first in team bio....."

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2006 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you really?
Voorn

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2006 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

True, it is against the rules to make those prematch agreements. It is also against the rules to ask your opponant to stop fouling you during a match. This is even true if there is no agreement offered but a mere plea. If you so much as say "would you please stop fouling my guys, I have only 2 left alive" your opponant can report you and get you banned for making an "agreement". If you play a game and someone is observing and see opportunities where you could have fouled each other and did not and you go the entire game without fouling, you can be reported for having an "agreement" whether you had one or not.
Yes, you are allowed to write that in your bio. But if your opponant asks you about it, if you confirm or deny it, it is considered an agreement and you can be reported.

Immitated in chat by another member "S**n"

Last edited by Voorn on %b %23, %2006 - %17:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Tophat

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2006 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Voorn wrote:
If you play a game and someone is observing and see opportunities where you could have fouled each other and did not and you go the entire game without fouling, you can be reported for having an "agreement" whether you had one or not.

thats just drivel though and nobody would take such a complaint , as it is always a tactical descion whether you foul or not .
Voorn

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2006 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Tophat wrote:
Voorn wrote:
If you play a game and someone is observing and see opportunities where you could have fouled each other and did not and you go the entire game without fouling, you can be reported for having an "agreement" whether you had one or not.

thats just drivel though and nobody would take such a complaint , as it is always a tactical descion whether you foul or not .

It depends on who is doing the complaining, who is recieving the ticket and who is being complained about. Those facters can very well determine whether or not you get banned for agreements.

spiderswebb11

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2006 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think fouls are always tactical. In fact I know they are not! I rarely foul but if I do it is usually because I'm annoyed Razz
johan

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2006 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Voorn wrote:
It is also against the rules to ask your opponant to stop fouling you during a match. This is even true if there is no agreement offered but a mere plea.

I can't tell for certain whether Voorn is just trolling, but he is, as usual, spouting rank nonsense.

/johan
Leiradi

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2006 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Voorn wrote:
True, it is against the rules to make those prematch agreements. It is also against the rules to ask your opponant to stop fouling you during a match. This is even true if there is no agreement offered but a mere plea. If you so much as say "would you please stop fouling my guys, I have only 2 left alive" your opponant can report you and get you banned for making an "agreement". If you play a game and someone is observing and see opportunities where you could have fouled each other and did not and you go the entire game without fouling, you can be reported for having an "agreement" whether you had one or not.
Yes, you are allowed to write that in your bio. But if your opponant asks you about it, if you confirm or deny it, it is considered an agreement and you can be reported.

There cannot be an agreement unless both players agree, so only a third part could report an agreement between to coaches. And I think that is really petty.
Voorn

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2006 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

spiderswebb11 wrote:
I don't think fouls are always tactical. In fact I know they are not! I rarely foul but if I do it is usually because I'm annoyed Razz

I agree with you spider. The decision to foul or not to foul should be yours rather then being forced to do it when you do not want to just because someoneis observing the game who might run and make up stories about arrangements to get you in trouble for spite. True, in that instance you probobly wont get banned since there would be no log to prove it, but it would most definately get you blocked until you contact the specific admin who blocked you and grovel.
The only evidence that will get you really banned is official logs, even if you did not make the agreement and the words have to be twisted as in the instance of saying "would you please stop gangfouling my players?". Of course, you can always ask to see a copy of the log sent in. If one is provided for you to see, it is legit. If not, it doesnt exist.

gkornecki

Post   Posted: Aug 23, 2006 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say that asking a person to stop killing your team, whether by fouling
pushing etc...is not against the rules...It is not a PRE game agreement.
It is an in game plea.
 Jump to: