22 coaches online • Server time: 02:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2016 Ranked, Leagu...goto Post Borg Invasiongoto Post Elfball... where are...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2006 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I am at work and it seems like they have banned Java Sad

So anyone know how to install Java on a computer, where it has been banned from?
Also is there another program then Java, that does the same trick as Java?

I soooooo much wants to play BB and have so much free time at work... BUT I cant Sad
pac

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2006 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well … you could become Denmark's answer to Macavity instead! Very Happy
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2006 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

But does that not mean i first have to ask him to be my master?

So to learn what i have not yet learned O.o
Vanguard

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2006 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

spam ... sry post alot ^^ thats macavity
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2006 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

talk to your administrator and have him allow java Smile
nin

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2006 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers wrote:
But does that not mean i first have to ask him to be my master?

So to learn what i have not yet learned O.o

in the matter of asking Macavity to be your master, I gave him the recipe of some kind of pie (dreaded word) or the like (halfling innuances Smile )

about Java I don't know enougth, sorry, but I'm afraid you will surely end with some fish for avatar
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2006 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers wrote:
Well I am at work and it seems like they have banned Java Sad

So anyone know how to install Java on a computer, where it has been banned from?
Also is there another program then Java, that does the same trick as Java?

I soooooo much wants to play BB and have so much free time at work... BUT I cant Sad

Ok, it all comes down to a few easy steps...

1. Decide whether playing FUMBBL during your free time is worth potentially losing your job.
2. EITHER give up now because you need your paycheck OR beg/borrow/buy a flash drive from someone.
3. IF you haven't succumbed to the logic of your finances, THEN use your computer at home to install Java onto the flash drive.
4. IF you are still going through with this and don't care that your i.t. department will be asking you all sorts of questions about your suspicious network traffic, THEN take your flash drive in to work and try running it off of that.

(Anyone have any clue if that'll work on Windows? I know I could pull it off on my mac or linux... just assuming it might work on a pc.)

Once again, please note that you really shouldn't try this. I'd personally go with Rijst's suggestion and see if you can talk one of the IT guys into it. Try convincing him or her to try it out, too. If you get 'em hooked, you're set for life.

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2006 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Well somehow got it installed.
heh just the problem now is getting irc to work Sad
and cant even use the irc jave chat client Sad

Well I talked with the boss and he said no to have our laptop connected to the net, so I dont think asking the IT guys will do me any good.
Me losing my job? Well actaully I am payed to sit and do nothing. If there is a problem, then I will get a sms and then most of the time i just have to walk into the computer and click repeat step or contuin step. So easy money
Well I might get in trouble with the internet trafic thought, so better not go there. Plus I dont want to lose a dream student job just because I want to play BB. But maybe I should see how far I can push it with the IT guys Very Happy
BloodbasherMasher

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2006 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Just make sure you let them win if you play them Wink

However, Bad's idea wont work at all if your work's computer has the USB ports blocked from usage. It all really depends on how secure your IT department has made your computer.

And again, it's probably not worth it. If your work has banned Java, chances are they are not going to make an exception for you.

Also keep in mind that if you do something against company policy, your IT department DOES know about it, no matter how many cookies/internet history/picture/music/pr0n you try and delete. There is no way apart from serious hacking to cover up network traffic, and IT has ways to check and see what you have on your comp. It all really comes down to whether what you did is serious enough to be reported. A few pictures of your dog from home on the network hard drive is hardly grounds for dismissal but a game like Javabowl is pushing your luck.

At least that is how it is in every company I've ever gotten fired from Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2006 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers wrote:
Plus I dont want to lose a dream student job ...

Ah, work study. That explains it.

Try talking to the IT staff - you never know - but don't expect to get away with anything without their permission, whether you manage to get it installed or not.

Don't screw up your work study!

Jump to: