9 coaches online • Server time: 05:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Markus

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2005 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

u could have some players chainpushed out of bounds yourself if he closes two holes of the sideline cage with his stunties and blitzes the corner. with clever play he could get hold of the thrown ball, and you have to try and blitz his ballcarrier. its better to stay near the sidelines than to make a sideline halfcage as a stunty could dodge into it and push the ballcarrier out on a not too unlikely pow, !pow or arrow. id never make a sideline cage against stunties or ag5-teams unless i have sidestep. So keep near to the sidelines but dont stay there without closing the pushing angle. otherwise only blitz his players out. if you dont your blitzers could surf the crowd too. Lizards are good at crowdpushing too, as i know from experience playing with and against them.
I recently played against norse with unskilled lizards. you could see how i did: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=967467
It was not the best game on my part, but u can see how tough it is for norse to keep the buggers away from the ballcarrier and what a lack of rr can do to lizardmen.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2005 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Mez' said you should make 1 on 1 defense. That's what he said (or that's how I understood it) and I go for that too. every block is a 5/9 chances to fall on ground, 15/36 to break armour, Ko'ed or worse at 15/36 so overall:
1125/11664 =9,6% to be Koed or worse

The skinks are:
with:tackler
3/4 * 21/36 * 21/36 = 1323/5184=25,5%

with frenzy your chances are:

first hit
succes=5/9
push=15/36
failure=1/36

making skink fall= 5/9+15/36*5/9=5/9+75/351=55,5%+21,3%=76,8%

Ko or more is then:
768/1000*21/36*21/36=338688/1296000=26,1%

so go blitz with frenzy or tackler. That's not a big difference.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2005 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx sk8bcn for doing the math for me, but I would have insticntivly do the blitzing with the tackler and blitzers.

@Markus: I have experienced the crowd push on a side-line half-cage with my CD vs Goblins. I now know it is not a wise idea to do that. I was rather referring to making the cage in de wide zone, as deep as possible, so that he has to put somebody 1 square away from the sideline to prevent an easy TD. This is were I can blitz this player of the pitch, even if it is a saurus. Actually I rather like it when a saurus is put there Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2005 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually my point was:

Your chances are lower than your opponent to be injured thus, immobilize the sauri by one on one defense.

If the sauri are free to protect the skinks, you loose your advantage.