69 coaches online • Server time: 15:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What format should the league have?
1. Have 4 divisions made up of each race. Then after a round robin league seed the top into a KO tournament for a champion based on record
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
2. Have 4 divisions made up of each race. Then after a round robin league seed the top into a KO tournament for a champion by race
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
3. Have 8 team divisions made up of 2 of each race. Play a round-robin tournament and seed into a KO based on Record
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
4. Have 8 team division made up of 2 of each race and seed into a KO based on top of race
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
5. I like to spam
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 18

steinerp

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The orc only league has raised a thought in my head and I’m wondering if people are interested and if so what format people think would be best. The basic idea is to crown a champion among the elf races. People are it is a question I don’t know the answer to. Many say Dark Elves are the strongest, other think that the 1 turners and treeman of the woodies make them dominate, High elves have S3 catchers and better armor than Pro elves but cost more and have less skills. I’m think of starting a league made up of just elves. The question is what sort of format would be best. The options are

1. Have 4 divisions made up of each race. Then after a round robin league seed the top into a KO tournament for a champion based on record
2. Have 4 divisions made up of each race. Then after a round robin league seed the top into a KO tournament for a champion by race
3. Have 8 team divisions made up of 2 of each race. Play a round-robin tournament and seed into a KO based on Record
4. Have 8 team division made up of 2 of each race and seed into a KO based on top of race

Also what do people think about fixed rosters to start. 11 Lineman, 3 RR, 8 FF. I don’t think I like this as the Elf team would have to start with a different lineup and I don’t know what would most fair. So I might as well just let people make their own, but maybe put a fan factor limit since this is elves and they need cash.
Istarios

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2006 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Great idea. Always fun to play a bit of elfbowl, but leave team creation up to the coaches, though perhaps a minimum requirement of 7 FF would be a good idea.
Macheath

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2006 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good. Count me in for an Elf team when its up and running.

I just love elfbowl.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2006 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally hate elf-bowl - which has in turn made me refuse almost every offer I ever got from an elf team to play my elves. Therefore I often suck vs elves so I need the training. Sign me up for a team when the time comes.

As for team creation I agree with Istarios - leave the team creation to the coaches with a minimum FF allowance of 7.

Dark elves will probably be run over in the beginning and possibly all the way through. They never were the champions of elf bowl but you never know with their great defence but my money are on the Elves or Wodd Elves unless the High Elves high AV can pull it through.
 Jump to: