23 coaches online • Server time: 08:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2007 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Banning ag4 teams would make sence. The only way lower ag teams (=bashy teams) have to win against these are to outbash them. With 4 players comming in as reserves as the game goes on, this tactic is close to completely eliminated. The same argument would lead to it becomming a real elf-ball league, where ag and dodge will rule (amazons).

Also, the rules designed to stop all players from taking block also favours some teams. Dwarf and norse allready got block everywhere, and amazons got dodge everywere. Sounds like unfair advantage to these teams I would say, and there are not teams that would need this extra advantage. It would also be close to impossible to controle, and if a player lost his 2 players with dodge and allready had 3 with block, would he be forced to retire the blockers or what? No, to complicated system.

If however ag4 are not banned, these team would rule the league, as it would be heaven for elf-ballers. 7 players on the team meant lots of space to manouver, reinforcements comming in makes those av7 teams easy to use.

But in the end, I would say, stick to bb7. After all, it follows real rules (or close to).
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2007 - 03:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno, if I'm banning AG 4 teams, I'd as soon ban dwarves and Khemri. Comes back to that human-centric angle.
prophane

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2007 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

dont ban anyone, let us all play!

Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2007 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey WITS, your idea gave me an idea..

See what you think...

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=10440
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2007 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
Will be a rat league, like most undermanned leagues.

Try banning AG 4 to make it more interesting. Smile

For playing rats in a 5 on 5 league, I would switch to chaos if I could. But maybe if I had 7 guys, would skavens be better

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2007 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

kemimutt wrote:
Banning ag4 teams would make sence. The only way lower ag teams (=bashy teams) have to win against these are to outbash them. With 4 players comming in as reserves as the game goes on, this tactic is close to completely eliminated. The same argument would lead to it becomming a real elf-ball league, where ag and dodge will rule (amazons).

Also, the rules designed to stop all players from taking block also favours some teams. Dwarf and norse allready got block everywhere, and amazons got dodge everywere. Sounds like unfair advantage to these teams I would say, and there are not teams that would need this extra advantage. It would also be close to impossible to controle, and if a player lost his 2 players with dodge and allready had 3 with block, would he be forced to retire the blockers or what? No, to complicated system.

If however ag4 are not banned, these team would rule the league, as it would be heaven for elf-ballers. 7 players on the team meant lots of space to manouver, reinforcements comming in makes those av7 teams easy to use.

But in the end, I would say, stick to bb7. After all, it follows real rules (or close to).

It kind of depends. Outrunning an opponent isn't that great either. At any KO, you have a good defensive player coming in. But true, reserves adds depth to the team.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2007 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

My question is, do I have at least 3 (preferably 7) people interested enough to make a team and try it out?
 Jump to: