53 coaches online • Server time: 15:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you join in that format?
Yes, it's fine.
45%
 45%  [ 9 ]
No, I just wanna play Swiss/Open Round Robin/something else
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, but I want the 5 minute extra time back.
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
No, I didn't intend to play there anyways...
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
Other
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2007 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, i was thinking over and over about the way the Speed Cup should work... the votings weren't really helpfull and i found it hard to get different interests of playing together....

we needed an open system to make it possible for anyone to play... something competetive like a tournament... and something that looks a bit like a league... so i was going back to the roots of the game.... the lrb and reading through the pages.... finally i found a system that might work... due to my lack of experience in such questions, im still interested in help, advise and opinion you offer....

the system should look like that....

0. Team restrictions
Teams must be created for the Speedleague. A team should not be build up carefully in a slow league to play here later.

0a. RRR-Speed
Apply here right now: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=4364
Its recommended that you start the first Games in the KO cup when playing the first games. The KO Cup will work equal to the Royal Rookie Rumble and be open for everyone. After that you can play in the League or just quit.

1. Round Robin
The league itself will be a round robin that lasts lets say 1-2 month... if you win 3 games during that time you are qualfied for the seasonal ko... ....this way you can play a lot but don't necessarily need to... this should solve the demand for time-zone issues too...

2. Knock-Out-Final
this should be the first 2/4/8/16 guys that managed to get 3 wins... maybe more wins if more people join... if people want to they can stick together in certain time zones here, so that people from the same time-zone will meet first in the ko....

3. 5 minute extra time removal....
After I played my first game now i think its a possible option to remove the extra time..... i heard several demands on that now and didnt saw anyone who voted against it... so it might be a help to make the tournament even faster....

Last edited by Wreckage on %b %24, %2007 - %13:%Apr; edited 2 times in total
Fama

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2007 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds pretty good.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2007 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah love to see the extra time removed...but would prefer to only play Ko without that open round rubin league thing...Thinks it takes away the tension after a certain time...
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2007 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds great. Can't wait to join in. Smile

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

xcver

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2007 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like the 5 mins in. First of all I sometimes take just a few seconds over 1 min which would really hurt. Furthermore there is always the chance of a phone call...but a cut to 2,5 mins would also be fine I guess...

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2007 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

xcver wrote:
I really like the 5 mins in. First of all I sometimes take just a few seconds over 1 min which would really hurt.

i think the idea was that you can take brakes when you got no extra time.. if something important happens at the end of your turn you just dont click turn.... about 2,5 mins ... would be a good solution but i can just set either 5 or 0 mins....

but well... good points both sides... lets just see what gets more votes...
phubar

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2007 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the 5 minutes extra time. It gives you some flexibility to make longer moves, but you have to be rally conscious of running out that part of the clock.

Rather than eliminate the 5 minutes extra time, if you want to knock some minutes off the game clock, I'd rather see the turn limit dropped to 45 seconds. 15 seconds a turn over 16 turns drops 4 minutes off the total clock, and makes you really worry about that 5 minute counter.

But I like the total amount of clock time as it is.

I still prefer ORR format. I want to be able to play games, I hate waiting for the rounds to slowly pass by.

oops... just fouled a coach all the way out of FUMBBL... (gosh)-(darn) it!
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2007 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the option to play the open round. It opens up the 11-man gaming for me that wants the games to be finished in max 1h. Normally I only play bb7 because of the speed, but would like to test this too.
 Jump to: