53 coaches online • Server time: 16:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you be interested/play in this MetaGroup?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 9 ]
Maybe, depends on the final rules.
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Not a chance.
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
I'd love to hunt down and eliminate the contestants!
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Is Macavity gonna play?
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 27

pizzamogul

Post   Posted: May 20, 2007 - 04:04 Reply with quote Back to top

We’ve all seen them before. Players who have accumulated star player points at a frightening rate while the rookies on the roster languish without skills. Pampered stars sporting their own personal apothecaries – teammates be damned. The team suffers for their presence, yet despite niggling injuries they play on. Retirement is not an option. These "heroic" figures will become Legends… or die trying.

They are confused as the fans boo their efforts. “Where is the cheering, where is the adoration I so richly deserve for my efforts,” they wonder as they sharpen their claws behind a wall of their teammates. “Have I been marked for death?” they inwardly fear as the defense takes the pitch and they sit on the bench waiting to one-turn score yet again.

The greatest scorn is directed at those bearing the same name as their coach. Some describe such an act as being narcissistic. For others, that player’s name on the jersey is simply a target painted upon their back – they must be taken out at any cost.

Quote:
narcissistic
-adj : characteristic of those having an inflated idea of their own importance (syn: egotistic, egotistical, self-loving)

Can anything be done to discourage the creation of these s.p.p. monstrosities? Oh, the shame! Oh, the embarrassment!

Actually, a new league is being considered with these types of players in mind. However, it won’t be targeting them for removal. Oh no my friend, it will actually be encouraging their creation!?! A new metagroup, one that can best be described as being… Eponymous.

Quote:
eponymous
-adj: giving one's name to a tribe, people,
country, and the like. In contemporary English, the term eponymous is often used to mean self-titled.

League concept in a nutshell: Name a player after yourself and get him/her as many s.p.p.’s as fast as you can. First player to Star, every level thereafter, and the one finishing the season with the most points will be recognized.

Quote:
Most likely, a race and position (like gutter runner or chaos beastman) will be chosen at the beginning of each season that each coach must attempt to skill. Alternately, a characteristic value such as movement 8 or strength 4 might be chosen and any race/player that conforms may be selected.

Each coach must create a fresh TR 100 ranked team and name the appropriate player after himself/herself. The 1st player to get to Star and every level thereafter in the shortest number of matches will earn recognition (a “second tier” may be offered so that <coachnick> II could be created to keep the same team going if the original eponymous player dies) and the player to finish the season (set time in # of weeks) with the most spp’s will also earn recognition.

Suggestions and ideas are welcome. I’m only trying to judge the level of interest at this point before I get too carried away!

"So, how good are you at being bad?"

Post   Posted: May 20, 2007 - 04:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Really cool idea. I'm just afraid to put myself on the field against all those scary monsters!

That means you.
HunterX

Post   Posted: May 20, 2007 - 04:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I suck at Blood Bowl. I'd never hire myself to play. =p

Post   Posted: May 20, 2007 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, 80+ views and only 7 votes at this point in time... too wordy on the fluff? Wink

Post   Posted: May 20, 2007 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I read it all PizzaMogul! Like the idea, and would be interested! I voted 'yes'.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2007 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I read it too, sounds good, but what of those who don't want td machines? Did i misunderstand the part earlier where you mentioned a race and position? Because CLEARLY (imo) a chaos warrior doesn't hold a candle to an elf blitzer.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2007 - 23:52 Reply with quote Back to top

*shameless bump*

Jump to: