14 coaches online • Server time: 07:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you like the idea of a "Role Playing" League?
The idea of a "Role Playing" League Rocks!!
38%
 38%  [ 7 ]
The idea has merit. I need more details on the league rules!
33%
 33%  [ 6 ]
Neither here nor there...
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Dont like the idea but a promotion/releagation league could be fun!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
What sort of DRUGS are you on little man?
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

Slothman

Post 10 Posted: Apr 20, 2004 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Just airing this idea more of an expression of interest.

I have a big idea but am not going to go any further if everyone cant stand it.

The actuall layout of the League would be dependant on numbers but essentially a Round Robin Division Format to find the Top x (most likely Cool for a quick Knockout Finals. End of season a League Wide Cup Knockout.

I have pencilled in ideas for Relegation/Promotion ideas that should work and other ideas to keep things even and interesting.

Teams: Anywhere from 16 - 32

Races: Again not final but most likely no mixed teams and keeping it simple so Human, Orc, Dwarf, All Elfs, Norse, Skaven and others to be decided.

Simple Rules: No Wizards or Stars.

Main Idea: The main citeria and idea for this tourney would be instead of just rocking up and playing we take time to make use of the great BIO feature for team and players. The BIO of the Team is what will be critical for selection in the Tourney.....but here is the catch.

Your BIO must include a breif history including their playing style and then you HAVE to play to that style...

Eg. A team with BIO...We foul everything and anything cannot go and never foul...they must foul when they can.....a team with BIO We grind it down cannot rely on the passing game..etc...

Of course you will not be limited to only that style and occasionalyy may change but a majority of the time that is how you will play.

Also player BIOs. Players dont need BIOs unless they are to act different to the team. So if a Clean Team has one player with a BIO that says they foul well that player can.....

See what I mean. It wont be a strict governing as in YOU SAID THEREFORE YOU MUST....but you do too much "wandering" from your BIO you will not be invited back.

In summary a version where you play a certain way and you take single race teams to do it.....sound interesting?

Again very basic idea but I am not going to waste my time getting it fine tuned if there is no support for it.
Cirion

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2004 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

This sounds great to me, roleplayer as I am. It is also very interesting to be able to see and read abot the team you are about to play, so you can lay out a 'pre-game strategy' against that particular team. Gogogogoo, is what I say Smile
 Jump to: