36 coaches online • Server time: 13:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bardulf

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2004 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all. I have one of the most experienced teams in tournament. as Gonzalillo said as my team is a Chaos pact team most of the players dont want to play against my team. I hope some brave coaches would do it soon. I almost admit that a good CP team is very overpowered (they are the only team that alows three BG) but there is not very hard to beat any basy team could handle them specially with lower TR teams. my team sadly has enough experience to wipe out many of the teams. (4 injures for game in average). but i'm doing the best to be the less basy as possible. I hope in futher editions I'll find more games.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2004 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, the Infinity Open is a free ranging tournament in which you can play any type of team. I guess with the outlawing of the pact teams in most tournaments, i guess the Infinity Open is the place where we can give these teams a real whirl.

I personally have a TR200ish Old World team, and I must admit, I find them pretty unbeatable... but guess what they are not!

I lost Season 2's final to JFK's Dark Elves and pretty comprehensively too...

In short, I am concerned about the Infinity Open... although I have more coaches, games are becoming few and far between. I, with a TR200 team, cannot get games and at the other end, the newbies with TR100 teams probably are struggling as well...

Therefore, I am considering overhauling the Infinity Open for next season. I have a few ideas, but would like your input. Let me know your thoughts via this forum or PM.
hugoeng

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2004 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Although I have a pact team myself I think all mixed (pact, old world and lustrian) should be banned for next season (or restricted in some way.. perhaps max one reroll from the start?). The high price for rerolls doesnt match the advantages of picking top players from the other rosters. I dont think the big guys are such a problem, they are more scary than dangerous in my opinion. One much bigger problem is the inactive coaches. Both this and last season a lot of coaches never bothered to play a game, I played a lot and many coaches were in the fumbbl main chat but not Infinity. But maybe the "free" format of the tourny attracts lazy coaches, I don't know..
 Jump to: